1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thinking of a Lian-Li case...

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by happita, Oct 11, 2007.

1. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Sometime in the near future, in about 6 months I plan on creating a new computer build. I've researched so many cases on newegg and surprisingly almost every Lian-Li case I see has great reviews.
    The build is for enthusiast gaming, although I don't want to go overboard like with sli, etc..

Here's what I had in mind:
    Highest clocked dual-core Phenom
    RadeonHD 2950XT (if it comes out)
    2GB DDR2-1066 Crucial Ballistix (or 4GB not sure yet)
    the upcoming x38 or x48 motherboard
    Silverstone Decathalon 850w power supply
    500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 w/ PRC
    20' NEC Display Solutions 1600x1200 5ms LCD
    Soundblaster X-Fi (the one w/ 64mb memory)
    Windows XP Pro or whenever Vista is good enough to upgrade to

I've been thinking of getting this case. Any comments/suggestions/complaints? :laugh:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112057
  2. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    humm yeah thats a nice case :p all Lian-Li cases are nice.. the reason why I didnt get one though is because I plan to use my motherboards stock chipset/vreg cooler and having my mobo upsidedown would end up being probomatic with the SB eventually burning up.

well I cant find the link of where I got this infomation that a mobo like mine the asus p5k premium upside down with its stock cooling would be a problem.. thats why I went with a Silverstone case.. the tj09 case with window.. you can mount a 360mm Thermochill rad up top.. it overhands a bit past the top vent but still would function very well (thermochill rads are the best by far, but they are thick).

So if your mobo has cooling like mine.. than you should get off stock cooling if you plan on getting a case with an upsidedown mobo tray/mount.
  3. Lu(ky New Member

Thanks Received:
    For the money I think it is high in price. I like the new Lian Li PC-A70 case. It is a full tower case and has plenty of option with it. Add water cooling to it with a triple rad to the top move the PSU to the bottom of the case. Very very nice case for $200.00-230.00 range. I notice the Lian Li V1000 case is very short with no removable mobo tray. I have a Lian Li V2000 case now, but I did some major mods to it. Added water cooling to it with a Quad Rad to the bottom.

REVIEW LINK HERE: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/LianLi/PC-A70/

Attached Files:

4. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Ehh. I wasn't too keen on getting a full tower. Not to mention the PC-A70 case is meant for servers. The price range for the V1000APlus I'm getting also looks hawt. I think the $200 price tag is justified :)
  5. nflesher87

nflesher87 Staff

Thanks Received:
    University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine
    :rockout: Lian-Li FTW
    I love mine mainly for the look, they just look simply great, so contemporary

but honestly one of the most advantageous aspects of purchasing LiLi is that you can buy almost any part for your case aftermarket, it's great they have just about anything, so you had a bad side panel mod? who cares pick up another at www.frozencpu.com among others

GL! :)
  6. Lu(ky New Member

Thanks Received:
    Here is a Picture of my old Lian Li V2000 Quad

Attached Files:

7. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    ^Nice :) From first hand experience a while back, they make super-high quality builds, but have significant airflow problems. For instance, the fan grill had a bunch of tiny holes drilled in the case, rather than large. I hope they've figured that out.
  8. nflesher87

nflesher87 Staff

Thanks Received:
    University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine
    wow, I can wait to get one of the full towers some day, there's so much freakin room in there
  9. Lu(ky New Member

Thanks Received:
    happita may be think about the Lian Li V1200 case. The V1000 is very short, and may not be good for future upgrades? The V1200 is longer could help with a 8800GTX cards. Not trying to talk you out of it. But the Lian Li PC- A70 is a FULL TOWER just need to take off the card holder bracket cut out a window and it would be a great looking case for now and the future... Good Luck
    Make sure to post pictures of your case when you get it..