1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Third Party Firmware for DIR 615

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by WarEagleAU, Aug 24, 2008.

1. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Ive been searching the net looking for third party firmware that will let me open up my wireless N router from D-Link. Unfortunately Tomato and DD-WRT arent supported by my router. I looked at sveasoft and didnt see my router supported. I happened to glance at WRT lite or something and said my router wasnt tested but I didnt want to take a chance on that.

Anyone know any place where I could potentially get some third party firmware for a DLINK DIR 615 WIRELESS N?

2. mrhuggles

mrhuggles

Thanks Received:
    this is why some people spend alot of time trying to talk people out of buying routers that look good :(

3. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    well it was like 39 bucks at best buy and the thing works really well, I was just wanting to play around and maybe increase some stuff on it. Bad thing is, the guy Pete at DD-WRT says it uses some kind of chip that doesnt support linux...

4. mrhuggles

mrhuggles

Thanks Received:
    mmm, linux doesnt support it :(

on the plus side you can still get a good router at a reasonable price, I'd aim for a WRT54GL or compareable router for, 25 used, or 50 ish new, maybe more like 60-70 new but you could definatly get one for 50 new if you wanna look real hard

5. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    no, Wireless N is the way to go. I go get the Xtreme DIR 655 and be in heaven. Oh well, it was nice to ask.