1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

This any good?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Glitched System, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Glitched System New Member

Thanks Received:
    Advice on CPU+Mobo

Intel E6320
    Processor

I am looking to overclock it, I really prefer a asus board if not something right below asus.

Try to keep the mobo below $150.

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    What are your plans with this upgrade?

The M/B looks okay, if I were you I'd read some more reviews both professional and consumer, seems to have a few squabbles about it.

The CPU is good, if planning on OC-ing though, you may want to get RAM that can handle higher speeds, my RAM has to be at DDR2 960 speed (480FSB) to attain a 3.36GHZ OC from 1.8, I have the old 2MB 6300.

3. Shima New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think thats not good combine between proc en mobo. E6xxx + i945/965. E2xxx + via.

4. Glitched System New Member

Thanks Received:
    Bump, edited topic. Need help quick before purchase.

5. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I'd say spend a little bit more and get an Asus P5B and some good DDR2 800 memory if you want some good OC's from that 6320...

But just the M/B alone will take you out of your price range. If you want to do it right, then save up and get the right parts. That's what I recommend. No point in rushing it and getting something you won't be as content with.

Also, my personal preference is to stick with Intel chipsets, and that's where my experience lies. Others may be able to better help you with different and cheaper solutions for your needs.

Take a look at my sys spec's, my CPU is almost the exact same as yours except for the cache difference. I gotta go up to 480FSB to attain a good OC of 3.36GHz from the stock 1.86GHz. So take that into consideration, otherwise getting a 4400 may be a good idea since it takes less FSB to attain an OC such as what I've attained.