1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thoughts on EVGA,HIS GPU'S

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by cool.dx.rip, May 9, 2013.

1. cool.dx.rip New Member

Thanks Received:
    Guys,recently in my local area computer market EVGA,HIS gpu's has come for 1st time.planning to buy 670 or 7950 cards.Retailers r praising this cards in that way it has just come from heaven.It doesnot matter if those cards r have no warranty because of durability.This two brands in one hand and all other gpu's brands in world one hand.This 2 cards will be farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr better than those:toast::toast::toast:.I m quiet confused on their behavior.:banghead::banghead::ohwell::confused::wtf:
    Excuse my ENG.

2. cool.dx.rip New Member

Thanks Received:
    Bump

3. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    If they have no warranty in your area I wouldn't pick them over brands that do.

4. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Sounds strange and very dodgy to me. I'd never buy a GPU without warranty, and EVGA and HIS are in no way particularly more reliable or better cards in general than other manufacturers. They may be getting paid/leaned on to push those specific brands to sell for some reason.

cool.dx.rip says thanks.
  5. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    No warranty? For one, I've NEVER heard of H.I.S. being ANY better, than any other maker. two, I've always found them particularly ugly. Those purple/bluish ones like the old 6970. The new 7950 looks like the damn star trek enterprise to Me. Go with EVGA if it's between those two. Also, I'm fairly sure EVGA offers a warranty, I'm surprised HIS doesn't. Go EVGA if his doesn't though.

cool.dx.rip says thanks.
  6. cool.dx.rip New Member

Thanks Received:
    it may be other reason

7. Mactronix

Mactronix New Member

Thanks Received:
    Why would you even consider buying a card without a warranty over one that does ?
    H.I.S are a good make of card as are EVGA but I certainly wouldn't consider buying even a top line specially cooled and overclocked version over a cheaper stock version if the stock card had a warranty and the special card did not.
    MSI make cards with military grade parts that are way way over engineered but even these cards would not tempt me over a cheaper less well constructed card that had a warranty.

Mac :)