1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

thunder bird

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Solaris17, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    well i got thunder bird just because i hate outlook y because its ugly..........i never used outlook nor thunder bird but i got this lovely idea to start getting my e-mails on my comp rather than yahoo so....i tried and ran into a problem.................um just how do i make it work?....can anybody here with thuinder bird help me? quite appreciated/

The/your dearest

solaris17 the magnificent

and extremely bored
  2. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    You can buy one of the yahoo mail premium packages (whatever they're called). Or you can use YPOPS :toast:
  3. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    ya but see thats the thing thanks for the info i may look into ypops but i wanted to try thunder bird for now and i have no problem with yahoo im not running out of space or anything its just i get tired of going to yahoo blah blah it would be eisier to just look at my mail through like thunder bird outlook thats y i didnt get a premium package free is fine for me i just get tired of it.
  4. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I use thunderbird, I hardly ever go through the yahoo website anymore. Ypops loads at startup and doesn't take hardly any system resources so I just forget about it. Voila free e-mail through thunderbird. That way I can collect E-mail from my yahoo account and university account simultaneously.

EDIT: Oh, I'm not sure you understood. Ypops is a work around that lets Thunderbird, outlook, etc. connect to the yahoo mail servers. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough the first time around ;)
  5. trog100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i had a weird problem with my thunderbird last night.. clicked on it and apart for a quick hourglass flash nothing happened..??

i copied the folder in case i lost all my mail and settings.. downloaded a new one installed it over the old one and it all worked again complete with all mail and settings..

odd.. dont spose i will ever find out what stopped it going.. he he

trog
  6. Solaris17

Thanks Received:
    ooo i see thats cool thnx for clarifying polaris im goin to figure this out