1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Tiger Woods PGA 2008

Discussion in 'Games' started by Polarman, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Polarman

Polarman New Member

Thanks Received:
    I used to have Links386 a looooonnnng time ago and i had a blast plaing it. I never did rebuy a golf game since.

I just came back from my brother in law and he showed me this game (Tiger Woods 2008). I got hooked right away. I bought it when i was coming back home. He has a low end system so he can't put all details at max but i can !

It sure looks pretty nice with all settings maxed out. I saw version 2009 out for consoles while at the store but i read somewhere that it will not be on PC.

Even if the review were low for this game, i think it's pretty darn awsome. Note that my last golf sim was Links386 when i had a 486 PC. Folks who have 2007 will probably say that it's not worthwile.

BTW: I use the 3 click swing method that has not change since Links386
    KieranD says thanks.
  2. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Yeah there skipping the PC version for 1-2 or even more nothing solid on that yet. But no 09 for PC for sure.

Over the years it's seemed like they been trying to kill the game off. Like making installing new courses or even adding them.

Here's a kick ass link for you.
    http://www.coursedownloads.net/coursesource/

Here's some me and team member play always getting new ones though.

Barkleys -Ridgewood CC
    Birch Creek Golf Club
    Brickyard Crossing Golf Club 08
    Cypress Point 08
    Edinburgh USA
    Hidden Valley Golf Course
    Kinloch Golf Club
    Koko Head Park CC
    Plantation Course Kapalua 2008
    Royal Birkdale 08
    Royal Troon Golf Club 08
    Sakurajima Golf Club
    Shaker Hills Golf Club 08
    Stillwater
    The Belfry 08 [v2] - Brabazon Course
    Valhalla Golf Club 08
    Wailea Gold 08

Here's some details to get you started so you can install some
    http://www.tigerwoodscommunity.net//index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=1572

Unofficial CLSetup and Course Utilities is what me and my friends been using for 08 for near year now.

Maybe come join us but we do play on expert and do not use any form of cheating.
    KieranD and Polarman say thanks.
  3. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    actually 2009 has the best swing mechanic yet for an analogue you can tune your swing so you dont get that you are actually moving the stick up and down straight but it swings to the right left anyway

it was god on pc too but the started to leave out bits or just not improve them much
  4. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Yeah they cut a fair lot out over the years lol. True swing only here best challenge ever, in fact it's the only reason i do not play others.
    KieranD says thanks.
  5. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    its sad coz years ago it was really good on pc i remember 2003/04 then its started getting bad

the graphics where sub par for the last few games but they couldve did a 360 port and added in swing mechanics for the mouse ect