1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[FS/FT][US] TIGR's Ongoing FS/FT/WTB

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade/Giveaway Forum' started by TIGR, Dec 3, 2009.

1. TIGR

Thanks Received:
    Can We Edit Our Thread Titles Yet? -Nope.

All the WTB items here, as well as money made from FS items, go to Folding@home gear.

[hr]
    My Feedback and Terms
    My Heatware | My Ebay Feedback (100%) | OCN Trader Rating | TPU Members I've traded with: drdaver, madswimmer, OzzmanFloyd120, sneekypeet, theJesus

Shipping (FS and WTB): All my prices and offers include shipping, US only. Shipping will be via cheapest method available unless otherwise arranged. Payments via Amazon or PayPal.

Pricing and Best Offers: All my items are "Or Best Offer," and I will match any price you can find for the same part in the same condition elsewhere (after shipping).

Trades: I will consider trades on all my FS items, in exchange for the items/values listed under "Want to Buy."[hr]

[hr]
    No Items for Sale/Trade Currently (Last Updated 4/25/10)​
    [hr]

[hr]
    Want to Buy (Last Updated 4/25/10)​

Logitech G500 Mouse | $40
    9800GX2 Video Cards | $120
    750+ watt "quality" (Corsair, PCPC, Silverstone, etc.) PSUs with single 12v rails | 10 cents per watt[hr]

[hr]I am not selling anything yet, but was told I need this pic anyway:
    [​IMG][hr]
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  2. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    "Insert funny please post pics with your name comment here"

:laugh:
    TIGR says thanks.
  3. TIGR

Thanks Received:
    Do I need a photo with my name in it to buy? I'm not selling anything yet, wasn't going to do that until I took the photos of the FS items.
  4. BUCK NASTY

BUCK NASTY F@H Mod & 4P Enthusiust Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Techpowerup! does not allow for sale threads without pics and your user name must be shown in the pics. Read the rules posted at the top of this forum page. Get your pics up so this thread does not get closed/deleted.

"Coming soon" counts as items for sale.

P.S. Join our F@H team, we constantly help each other out with hardware.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
    TIGR says thanks.
  5. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    That was my reading failure; I thought the cards listed with prices were for sale. That's totally my bad, amigo. :toast:
    TIGR says thanks.
  6. TIGR

Thanks Received:
    Why was my quick overview (non-specific, no prices) of what I'd have FS in a week all edited out (without notifying me)? It was there as a courtesy so the good folks of TPU could have an idea of what to look forward to. I read through the rules beforehand (and again now) and didn't find anywhere that said this is not allowed. I do have those items on hand already but am not ready to sell, which is why I said to check back later.

The one time I PMed a mod requesting a thread title change in this forum, I got no reply and no title change. Which is fine, and I never complained. But the point is, if I thought I could get a title change for this thread, I wouldn't have put "FS" in the title yet. But I wanted to keep everything in one place to make things simpler for TPU and its users as I will have a lot to buy/trade/sell.

I wouldn't even say anything (or would just PM this to a mod but last time I did that I got no reply), but am beginning to wonder if TPU's mods have something against me. First having to have a pic of my handwritten name even though nothing is FS yet, now this. Didn't complain about the pic before, and complied immediately, but What's the point of posting a pic of your handwritten name if it's not in a photo with a product for sale? The rules say the pic is "to validate that there is an item being sold and that you are the seller." My first FS items won't even be posted for a few days. Just wanted to get this started because I need memory and drives quickly and again, wanted to not clog up the forums.

I'm not here to argue, just here to be a part of this community. But if I'm not welcome at TPU ... just tell me! Otherwise, if this is about following rules, hey I'm really trying. Please update the rules to clarify!
  7. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    First, I recieved no PM from you. Follow the rules and there will be no problems. Generally threads the do not follow the rules are immediately deleted. I did you the courtesy of not deleting it and editing your thread. Unless you have pictures of any item you list/name/whatever in your thread, it will not be listed in your thread.

As a courtesy to other members of this forum and the staff, read the rules:
    http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=11040
    http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=104736
  8. TIGR

Thanks Received:
    I will happily comply. I highly recommend this get clarified in the rules, which I did read. Something like "Only items currently for sale may be posted. No posting what items will be for sale in the near future." Personally I think that allowing that would be of benefit to the good folks trying to buy and sell, but I don't run the forums.

Also, it was D_o_S that I sent the thread title change request to (he was the only mod online, this was long ago).
  9. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Generally we don't have a problem with the language of the rules, however I added to them to meet your request so it's a bit more clear.

Yeah, DoS isn't around much at all. The active mods that run this section are myself, Paulieg or any Senior Moderator or Administrator. :toast:
  10. bogmali

bogmali Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yhpm
  11. adcom32

adcom32 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yhpm