1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Tiny Tina from Bl2 racist and possibly getting edited/removed

Discussion in 'Games' started by 1ceTr0n, Feb 6, 2013.

1. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    fucking racist sons of bitches, not the creator of tiny tina, but those people who are so soulless and narrow minded that they can find something "racist" in harmless stuff.
    Krazy Owl says thanks.
  2. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Watch your language man. We are not charming any snakes here.
    de.das.dude says thanks.
  3. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    hey were'd you ding that pic of me ! :laugh:
  5. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Yes, so sodding true. :shadedshu
  6. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Another reason why we cannot have great comedians like Alf Garnett, and i am sure the is a black equivalent.

People are so touchy today..
  7. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Its why shows like "All in the Family" are not shown anymore. Loved that show. To many Meatheads in the world today.
  8. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Wasn't that the American version of Till Death Do Us Part ?.

Which i thought the American crack at it was much milder.

I think i seen All in the Family on crackle.
  9. lilhasselhoffer

lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    People bitch and moan about everything. Comic books would make our youth lose touch with reality. Television is dumbing our youth. Movies are amoral.

I guess videogames are nearly an art form. Every single one has the mass of idiotic detraction attempting to relegate it to obscurity just before the masses recognize what it can be.

Stupid comments aside, this is a good thing. Once games are elevated to an art form they are above contempt by the likes of Jack Thompson. It doesn't change the actual content of the games, but it gives them a layer of cultural bullet-proofing. I personally think the idea is backwards, but it plays out in real life.

I commend the idiots who see racism and violence in games, and point it out. They are inadvertently helping gaming. Such a sweet, sweet irony.
  10. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    erocker says thanks.
  11. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Yeah watch a fair few with the wife but still thought it was milder.. Although it's all about humor if ya have it watch it if you don't erm don't.

One part of that made me think of a Till Death Us To Part was were he would not drink out the glass the black guy drank from the glass. Till Death Us to part you can find a clip here and there were Alf was at a blood bank and he was wondering why this black guy was there implying isn't their blood different.

Both points how blind they both being..

Shame a lot of the British show is not around any more as the BBC had it banned long time ago as it actually started out as a black and white show.

In the end both shows crack me up..

EDIT:
    And there was In Sickness And Health
    In Sickness and in health xmas85 p1 - YouTube
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  12. Krazy Owl

Krazy Owl New Member

Thanks Received:
    Because many black people are less educated unfortunately and instead of working harder to come back in society and raise their future level they prefer to sit on their ass and act like whiny bitches.

Same principle with jews who still think that everyone need to support and understand them ecause of what happened to their grand parents back in WW2. You are there because white, black, yellow and red gave their lives to save your grandparents so dont act like WE owe you something. Your life you owe it to US.

Same thing with white people often dumbass or redneck who complain that immigrants steal their jobs but dont want to go out and make low paid jobs even if they dont even have a high school diploma.

I'm speaking the truth and i'm native american so my people lived the racism of white people and now the paranoia of other ethnicities. We are tired of your racist shit so shut the fuck up and try to live in peace ! :nutkick:
  13. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    A) Mike Sacco

http://kotaku.com/5981652/developer-who-called-borderlands-character-racist-is-now-out-of-a-job

Don't care if it is professionalism or not. He wasn't fired he quit because he wasn't legally allowed to represent the company in this light. Making racist comments about Tiny Tina is pretty telling of what he thinks of skin color and education.
  14. Guitarrassdeamor

Guitarrassdeamor

Thanks Received:
    I'm not white, so I can say racist things without being a racist! Dat logic.
  15. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Wow, that's the most racist thing I've read on TPU. Perhaps you could just not come back.

Writing off entire races is completely stupid, I dont care what race or ethnicity you are.

Just because your a minority doesn't mean you can judge. Just because people have wronged you(or your people) doesn't make you the judge.
  16. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    I'm white and of Irish heritage, fuck all you racist bitches for the potato famine and the Irish wars, you will pay you racist bastards, that's why I am such a fuck up, because you did a lot of shit to my ancestors 100+ years ago and you're gonna pay for it now :nutkick:
    Krazy Owl says thanks.
  17. Krazy Owl

Krazy Owl New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was comparing dumbass people who still use the past to paranoid on racism. In no place in my post i wrote that everyone is the same i was only comparing dumbass from one ethnicity to another. It was on second degree application but it seems that some here are not used to analyze before talking. :)
  18. Guitarrassdeamor

Guitarrassdeamor

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, the only dumbass was the one who made that post (hint: it is you).
  19. Krazy Owl

Krazy Owl New Member

Thanks Received:
    So based on you those who seek racism and problem using the past as I stated are not dumbass? Wow good logic.hehehe Yeah sure they do it fully educated with high knowkedge of modern society of course. ;)
  20. Krazy Owl

Krazy Owl New Member

Thanks Received:
    Man we hate you! You came here to steal our potatoes fields. ;) :p jk had irish in family too. :)
  21. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Man you need to smokem peace pipe. You got your smoke signals all crossed.
    AsRock says thanks.
  22. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    Every race/ethnicity has their own problems, but it's no reason to put the burden of guilt onto others because of what happened to them in the past. I think that's what Krazy Owl was really trying to get across.

Anyway, Tiny Tina shouldn't get removed just because of the way her dialogue/jokes come across. I'm as white as anyone in in my country, but I grew up in the ghetto surrounded by black and hispanic people. I grew up talking their slang and everytyhing, it's just the way things were. It doesn't make me any more racist if I say n**** to one of my black friends versus them saying hey whiteboy to me. I take it in stride and don't care much because I know it's not meant to be an insult, nor mine to him. Everybody should just take a chill pill and remember how it used to be back in the good ole days when noone gave a shit about being politically correct. Sad to see how much times have changed.

With all that being said, if they plan on patching BL2 in order to get rid of Tiny Tina, I will never update. I will log into Steam and pause my download every single time before playing. I won't have this nonsense.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
    Krazy Owl says thanks.
  23. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Krazy Owl, My wife all so Native American but this or what your on about has nothing to do with it.. Although how ironic is that as i am British just some people take it heart a little to harshly.

Intelligent people call racism too working or not it don't matter.

What don't kill us makes us stronger and a few jokes here and their god help ya if ya cannot handle it.
    Krazy Owl says thanks.
  24. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Lance Armstrong is the greatest racist of all time.
    MT Alex says thanks.
  25. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    I haven't touched the game, but I think it's just ridiculous nonsense!

I'm white (Irish /English/Hungarian) and my wife is spanish, so my daughter is half white/half spanish. I have black friends, my best friend is half black, and we can all voice our opinions and jokes equally. It's silly IMO.

The people who think that this is a problem must not have any multicultural friends or family at all and need to broaden their horizons! :roll:
    Crunching for Team TPU