1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Tiny Tina from Bl2 racist and possibly getting edited/removed

Discussion in 'Games' started by 1ceTr0n, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    There better not be somethign doen about this.
    It's just ridiculous.
    Seems more like some sort of stunt someone pulls when they feel they are not making a big enough impact on the World to be recognized.
  2. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow - this thread has been an interesting read...
    Let's tone it down a bit please:)
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Krazy Owl

Krazy Owl New Member

Thanks Received:
    Like a native proverb says: Don't sell the bear skin before killing it...or you could have troubles getting it into the store. :p
  4. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    This is so stupid. Guy should of just stayed away from the twitter trolls.
    The ones screaming "Racist" are pretty much always the racists in my experience.
    I have a lot of experience btw..
    :shadedshu
  5. Krazy Owl

Krazy Owl New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh look at the black complaining ! :shadedshu ;) :p

No seriously I understand you as a minority here. It's fucked up sometimes how people can be ignorant.
  6. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    i think what he means is that those people who keep instilling the sense of racism at every little thing, and notices these stuff and calls others racist all the time are the real racists.
    D007 and Krazy Owl say thanks.
  7. exodusprime1337

exodusprime1337

Thanks Received:
    I love the point you raise here, and feel bad i didn't notice this when i first saw the thread. Technically depending on the audience, a real life Tiny Tina would probably come off as super racist depending on who's she's around. Now i personally love the game and am on my second playthrough and no i don't think she's racist. But however i do not believe that they are "bigoted racists". i would peg them as opportunists to jump on a hot topic and waive their epeen around for a bit, but either way they raise a good point, and if anything they just prove that the internet works as intended, as a way for us to share collaborate and sometimes bash heads over various topics out there.

As far as the dude who quit over this... He's a moron and probably shouldn't have marred his resume for no reason. The company didn't fire him, they simply didn't want their name tagged to such a conversation and rightfully so. Nobody knows where that could have gone, it could have turned into a huge controversy like the call of duty bathroom writing was that provoked the dev to take it out in a patch release.. Some companies just want to play it safe..

My two cents :)
  8. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    I know I'm a little late to the party (work so damn much), but I've read this and its ridiculous. I'm a black dude and I see nothing wrong with this character. I work at a hospital actually and hell, half the white nurses talk like that. Even got black nurse that sound white. That's beside the point. That's just silly in general. People need calm down
    de.das.dude says thanks.