1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Titan Quest

Discussion in 'Games' started by AsRock, Aug 7, 2008.

1. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Hi just a few questions lol. Never really bothered with this game for some reason but just latly been thinking about playing it.

Things i like to know.

Can you have private games in multiplayer ?.

Is there a story and if so how good is it ?.

If there's other things good or bad i'd like to hear them :). If there's a nice\good story to this and games good i need to get it as i'll end up getting the second one they do lol. By the looks of the demo it's not all that bad looking either.

2. xubidoo New Member

Thanks Received:
    ive not pld it much myself ,but a couple of my m8s are currently addicted to it playing over a Lan ,so id assume u can create a private game online ?

story noidea :(

when it came out it was probably the most bug ridden lump of rubbish in recent history lol ,but thats all been fixed now via patches afaik.

there is also an expansion available for it ,called immortal throne,so u might want to pick that up as well if your going to put some serious effort into the game.

AsRock says thanks.
  3. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Titan quest and the expansion are great. Played both for several hundred hours. It basically diablo 2.5.

The story line is ok. But that isnt the point of the game. Its dungeon crawl, leveling, and item quests. Spell effects and special character effects are cool and look great.

There is a lot of variation in the game as far as character creation goes.

You can play multi, private multi, lan and single player.

Its a great game to waste a lot of hours on that you will never get back...:toast:

AsRock says thanks.
  4. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    It's so much like Diablo, I am surprised that Blizzard didn't sue em. Great game, but the end boss is a bastard and a half. Easily in the top 5 hardest bosses ever.

5. Grasshopper New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm replaying it right now. It's a greate game: good looking nice single play story etc. I didn't try the multy when I first get it, maybe I should now. You need to get the expansion too as it put in lots of new contents. There are many custom mods fot it too.

6. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Yeah made me think it was D2 and Sacred all in one lol. But as this is going be 2 people playing this in MP the games needs to be private(not LAN), plus a fairly decent story to it too.

You can play the SP story in MP ?.

Yeah would of got it with x pac as the game is available with x pac for $20 and Amazon have them both marked around $14 together.

7. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    You thought Typhon was hard? I could take him out in less then 3 minutes with my Harbringer...And if you thought he was hard, wait until you fight the fianl boss in the expansion pack...He has 3 attacks that can instagib you.

Yeah you can play the entire story line multi. Its a lot more fun when you can have a excellent ranged player/spells/archery with a tank player.

8. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    The game is great and if you can get both the expansion and the original for 14 than its a steal. The story is good and the gameplay is like crack. Word to the wise however is to buy both at the same time and only play the expansion.

The expansion is the entire original game souped up with new features along with the expansion levels included. In the end its just works out to one long game. If you play the original and go to the expansion after its like you have to start all over again from the beginning. Im on my second time through! Let me know when you hit about lvl 20 and we can link up for some multi. I have a great "tank" player! :toast:

9. Ongaku New Member

Thanks Received:
    It is a fun game, I played it for a good while. Only problem is there aren't many players online, or atleast there weren't many when I was playing. I liked it, it is just like Diablo II :)

10. Polarman

Polarman New Member

Thanks Received:
    One of the reason for this was they had a problem with the gold edition serial numbers that did not allow online play. It was eventually fixed but it was too late.

Great game btw. Too bad Iron Lore went under. A sequel was in the making at the time.

11. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    So who has rights to the name and game engine and all now ?.

12. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Last time I heard it was dead in the water man. Its sad because it is an awesome game. I got mine off steam but I would have paid full price had I known it was that good when it came out.

13. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
  14. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    I have it and it is fun as heck

15. xubidoo New Member

Thanks Received:
    after reading thsio thread and my m8 playing it, ive decided to install it again :p

16. CrackerJack

CrackerJack

Thanks Received:
    yea you can have private games

there kinda of a story that goes along with it. But not the best.

but overall it's a really good game, easy to learn and fun to play. It's just like Diablo.

Ya'll have me wanting to play it again. lol I have play the expansion though. But I've bet the first part like 20 times. :laugh:

lvl 56 when i quit, call of duty 4 demo came out so i got it. :D

17. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    I am thinking about a reinstall as well. Unfortunately when my raptor crapped out on me it broke my raid and my 8 characters all 50th+ gone... :cry:

The cool thing about this game vs. diablo when playing mutli is the monsters scale really well with the more people that join, the XP and treasure increases as well.

18. TUngsten

TUngsten

Thanks Received:
    It's fun indeed, I find myself leaning more and more toward the fun and mindless these days :)

19. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Well to the end of Greece and dam that boss some one to much for my archer lol. I guess i will have to hunt around and get some more levels HAHA. BTW how many places is there ?.

20. new_rez New Member

Thanks Received:
    I played Titan quest for a bit. Got about 7 hours in and it just became so, so repetitive! Don't get me wrong, it was great in the beginning. Just incredibly repetitive. Lovely graphics and such too.

21. Kusimeka

Kusimeka

Thanks Received:
    4 with the expansion, i'm almost at the end of act 2, really enjoying it so far, once you get some of the higher level skills, it get's really interesting.