1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Titanfall - alpha test footage

Discussion in 'Games' started by natr0n, Jan 21, 2014.

1. natr0n

natr0n

Thanks Received:

It's like COD meets Gundam.

Sadly only 12 real players though. o_O
    Batou1986 and RCoon say thanks.
  2. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    Saw a thread about this game a while ago. Game play looks good but I'm fed up of online multiplayer games. Give me a campaign, some substance not just running round a map shooting everything.
  3. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    The fact this game has only 12 real players, is enough that I wont buy it. Im not sure what they were thinking. And I was ready to get it after seeing stuff on it from E3.
  4. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    yeah I was a little disappointed too when i heard about this and I instantly blamed the inferior consoles because of it because thats what happens when a game is too intense for them - they make maps smaller and cap the player count to something stupidly low to make sure the game pumps out steady 30fps.

However I dug a little deeper and what it boils down to is there is so much Ai support ingame that having more players unbalances the game a little and its best played as 6vs6. while i am skeptical of the difference the Ai will truly make a difference. they put a huge focus on team play so whatever you do for the team will have more effect and benefit the team more directly if youre a good player - not like Planetside 2, or the battlefield series or similar games. where youre just a cog in a machine and the game will still be lost no matter how hard you push forward and capture flags because every fucker on your team is just roof camping like a bitch.

So as much as I hate the low player cap, the game still sounds interesting enough for me to probably buy it when it comes out.
    psyko12 and RCoon say thanks.
  5. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    So much truth got me :roll::roll::clap:
  6. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Now you know that doesn't happen with Deez Nutz. We are always capping and slappen hoes in BF4
  7. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Just reminds me of CSS with better graphics and a tweak.
  8. Black Haru

Black Haru

Thanks Received:
    and robots. don't forget the robots.
  9. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    speak for yourself, Im always the idiot jet pilot clippin yo jeep tops, roadkillin yo people up.
  10. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Your avatar..................is very distracting. Its hard to even bother reading your posts.
  11. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    I expected nothing and I'm still somewhat disappointed, not that I was going to give EA money after BF4 anyway.
  12. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Nothin special usual shooter with robot addition
  13. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    Honestly the low player count kinda appeals to me. I have bf4 for my big game fix, but this could be my cod replacement for when I just want quick games with 12 year olds yelling about raping my mom.
  14. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    well ... looks kinda ... hum ... low graphic (imho)

also that player is kinda ... i don't remember the word for it ...
  15. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    The game is made using the source engine. So think CS:GO, L4D, TF2 etc etc
    GreiverBlade says thanks.
  16. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    i was more worried about the player definition than the graphic ahah ... i still can't find a word to say how he play...
    and yes source engine is made for playability and not for eye candy ... which baffle me on the 12player limit it is surely not to reduce graphical load (server load maybe?)
  17. buildzoid

buildzoid

Thanks Received:
    it's COD with robots and jet packs. The robots are like giant humans with giant guns and aren't even hard to kill. I mean come on the whole appeal of a giant robot is that you are incredibly hard to kill have a guns instead of hands and when people see you they run away. Blacklight:Retribution does the whole mech thing better. When in a mech you can't get killed by anything except flame throwers RPGs and other mechs. You have a railgun and minigun and to compensate for your movement speed you have thruster to go quickly in one direction and when you go somewhere everyone tries to get out a fast as possible. From the footage of this that I have seen getting into the mech has the opposite effect because everyone tries to kill you and it's not as hard as it should be and you only have one rather crappy gun.
    Also 12 players only WTF.
  18. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Well I think it's scratched off my 2014 might play list.
  19. kn00tcn

kn00tcn

Thanks Received:
    titanFALL not titaninvincible, i'd rather not be plowed down over & over by someone hogging a mech

have you guys not played hawken? pew pew arena shooter, just like cod, just like quake... if this is your favorite type of competing, then go for it (for me, yes plz!)

player limit is part of gameplay, we have BF3 & BF4 on last gen consoles, we have MAG with 32v32, 64v64, 128v128 modes, as much as i love MAG & BF, it's quite annoying to run back to the action after respawning with no vehicles nearby

nothing is a surprise here, the very first e3 announcement made it clear that it's fairly close quarters jumping around yada yada (they're still infinity ward people after all, it's an evolution of the games they've always made)

what i'm unclear of is the scope of destiny, it keeps looking like rage+borderlands+halo
  20. random

random

Thanks Received:
    I'm not excited for this game anymore... Call of Duty: Titanfall?? I thought this game was supposed to be different, it looks like the standard strafe and shoot with the occasional grenade throw and map gimmicks..
  21. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I didn't know there was rocker/booster jumping to scale walls & small buildings and big ass robots in CoD.

Honestly, how the game will turn out is anybodies guess. Unless you played the alpha extensively it pays to approach the game with an open mind. Im skeptical of the 6vs6 player cap but with all the Ai in the game who really knows how the game will play out?
  22. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Now you do and it's called Titanfall, made by ex-infinity ward employees lol..

Seriously though I don't know if it's just me but I've seen and played enough CoD games to get an idea of what this game might turn out like based on that 9-10 minute gameplay trailer... I guess we'll have to see what the full release is like.
  23. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    So Gears of War only having 8 real players means it isn't worth buying? Counter Strike having 10 players competitive? The list goes on and on... Hmm...
    jormungand says thanks.
  24. Zakin

Thanks Received:
    Personally seen better gameplay from the alpha than the one posted, and it really does look pretty great in my opinion. I think the 6vs6 is just enough density for the maps. I actually get annoyed of the squad/clan groups in Battlefield that will honestly just dominate by camping out and owning an entire point. Considering CoD has literally been dead since at most MW2, this looks like a great alternative if you still crave for more of this style, but with a bit more oomph. Also the mechas die surprisingly easily, even to infantry. I expected them to be overpowered like everyone else.
  25. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    your thinking is flawed. The game called Titanfall not Call Of Duty, It is NOT call of duty, sure its made by ex-IW people but the game is based off new ip instead an old worn out, wash and repeat ip thats clearly had its days.

With CoD, the devs are stuck making a CoD title - otherwise known as your typical CoD - they can add new maps, game types, weapons, perks, killstreaks and more turd brown textures but they are still forced to stick to the same cornerstone of what makes a CoD title and theres only one way to get around that - build a new game based on new ip where the devs can start fresh and not have any set parameters that they have to stick to like glue because it wouldnt be CoD anymore.

If this is your attempt at humor, I am not laughing.
    Zakin says thanks.