1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Tomb Raider

Discussion in 'Games' started by Drone, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Aleksander

Thanks Received:
    I found a lot of bugs into the game, but most of them were unnoticeable.
    The game was normally not like the old one and it felt so much like Assassin's Creed...
    The Sims diamond was so copied :rolleyes:
  2. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Smells like NVidia attacking the title.

Just like Aliens, I don't get any of the issues so many "guides" show. Maybe they shoulda actually BOUGHT the game. :p

I played through Aliens twice now, have yet to encounter ANY of the "reported" bugs. Not one. But then, I buy games. LOTS of games.:roll:
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  3. Xzibit

Thanks Received:
    3770k @ 4.4Ghz
    7970 @ 1075/1500

Ultimate Presets
    1920x1080

[​IMG]

Only time I notice a slight slowdown is when menus pop up for the first time aside from that it looks nice and the game is okay so far. It might just have to do with background apps and memory usage but thats the only critique I have so far.
  4. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    so is this the (hair) evolution of what nvidia's Nalu tech demo from GeForce 6 series many eons ago?
  5. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Well I don't generally drop below 30 FPS ave even at max settings, but you really can't tell what the min FPS is until you run the in-game or Fraps benchmark. It's also hard to tell how much effect it has since it's more of a subtle drop in movement speed than noticeable hitching or lagging. Trust me though, I can definitely tell after changing the settings.

After seeing the benches posted I'm thinking it's mainly due to the game being very CPU intense. Everyone getting pretty good min FPS is running a current or recent gen CPU.
  6. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Banstick Dummy

Thanks Received:
    I played through it on an NVIDIA with no issues myself. I guess buying the game does make a difference. :laugh:
  7. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:

a) what nvidia got to do with gameplay bugs?
    b) it happens on ps3 and xbobx as well (it's all over the TR and eidos forums)
    c) what makes you think that they didn't buy the game? :rolleyes: what a pathetic statement
    d) what aliens got to do with this? :confused:
  8. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    Well, I've swapped out my two 7970's and have installed with great trepidation a GTX Titan. The frame rate is obviously down but all i've done is taken off AA (not really required on a 2560x1440p resolution).

I've kept Tress FX on and ultra settings. I'm getting about 30-40fps but the game play is pretty smooth considering. The only visual thing is the lower fps but I' not noticing any major downgrade (i'd have to run them side by side to tell).
  9. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    Well I wanted to run the benchmark last night after work but instead I found myself drinking beers and banging my ol lady.

Benchmark tonight for sure!
  10. okidna

okidna

Thanks Received:
    Just played the game until meeting Roth.
    So far bugs/glitches/errors free (except that floaty TressFX hair) and also no crash or any stability issues at all.

First impression is good.
    Good storyline; interesting mechanic, leveling, and upgrading system; too many QTE; and I hate wolves :D

Benchmark Ultimate preset @ 1440x900:
    [​IMG]
    Crunching for Team TPU
  11. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    a)I dunno, the spread of hate towards the title stinks of it, to me.
    B)This is a PC forum, I don't expect console videos. I expect PC videos, and that said, on PC, this issue is not present for me.
    c)Traditionally, versions found on torrents in early days of release are not retail, and are usually one form or another of preview code given to the media for review purposes. As such, the code is usually not final, and many times bugs reported in reviews aren't seen in retail. It's not pathetic, except maybe because maybe you are taking this a bit personally. I often find videos like this on many titles posted by users that torrented the game, and they expect that retail copies have the same issues. It's not a big deal, but it's something to be mindful of when looking at YouTube videos.
    d)Aliens was reported to have many bugs, AI specifically, but I found none. This title is the same, for me, right now.
  12. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    I hate those wolves too!
  13. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:
    Where did I say that I hate nvidia?
    Ok so if this is PC forum then it means that I can't speak my mind? TR is a console port so ps3 and xbox gameplay bugs are present in pc version as well. So it's not ok if I say this but it's ok when you shove your aliens here? Hm ok...
    I may have ignored this but it riled me up. Why? Because I'm TR fan and I play TR games since the late 90s. I own all TR games for all consoles even crappy LAU trio, just to make my collection of TR goodness complete. Retail version I bought is buggy and even Eidos confirmed that. Your statement that "buy the game, got no bugs" is pointless and meaningless. You sounded like you're the only one in this world who bought this game. I bought TR too and millions did as well. And many people experienced bugs but I dunno maybe you rushed through the game with zero achievements just from A to B and had absolutely no bugs *shrugs*
  14. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Banstick Dummy

Thanks Received:
    Maybe something is wrong with your computer?
  15. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    I never said you did. We should chalk this up to language barriers, IMHO.

I simply do not see these problems many users report like the recently reelased Aliens, if it is hard to see the correlation there, well, that's that.

I too have been playing Tomb Raider games since they first came out ,and I do own multiple copies of every game, on every platform ever. I even have a couple of import copies.

If this game sucked, I'd still buy the next one.

I use a very basic high-end config with NO oc to play games on, and 99% of the time, I rarely have issues, and I have none with this title. IF me saying that gets you excited, I'm sorry, but that's my experience. BTW, I haven't finished the game yet. I'm not the one trying to insinuate things here, there's no need to from my perspective. :p
  16. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    I'm getting toward what appears to be the end. I've done a couple tombs that are more along the story line than optional, and it's getting better gameplay wise. I have tons of tombs showing on the map that have been discovered but not explored though. Does anyone know if you can go back and raid tombs after finishing the campaign? I plan to fast travel back to the camps showing them on the map, but I may miss some.
  17. Drone

Drone

Thanks Received:
    No, game never crashed/lagged. I just got those common bugs (like this one) which many people experienced (on all platforms from pc to ps3). Glitches disappear after respawning/reloading so it's definitely gameplay bugs.

All TR games have bugs, however I never got one in Angel of Darkness but got a couple of really annoying ones in TR 2013, maybe just bad luck with this game. Whatever I hope there'll be a patch.
  18. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    First Tomb you go in has a game breaking bug on PC. Invisible wall when you get on the cage to jump onto the rock wall to climb. Way to go devs :rolleyes:

Can't jump to where I need to go, so cant complete the tomb. awesome.........
  19. Phusius

Phusius New Member

Thanks Received:
    I almost have the game beat, and have not run into one bug.
  20. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    Gone into the first tomb?
  21. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    yeah i did on pc no problems. sorry. I'm like 90% done and did most all tombs, explored, picked stuff up. found no game breaking bugs. enjoying the game a lot actually.
  22. okidna

okidna

Thanks Received:
    Tomb of the Unworthy? The one that Lara can enter after she got her climbing axe, right?
    I did raided this tomb, no bug at all.

Have you tried restarting from the last checkpoint?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    Big fixed itself. I reloaded the tomb(quit and came back), and was able to complete the tomb.
  24. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Wow, I think I spoke too soon. After raiding several tombs only a couple had any kind of challenge, and literally none yet have any of the awesome platforming of previous TRs. I can't beleive how small and easy most of these tombs are. No bugs yet, just disappointment in game design.
  25. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    Jesus,

Its a Tomb Raider series reboot! REBOOOOOOOT. And with that Reboot they are trying to compete with Uncharted. Obviously its not going to the same as other Tomb Raiders.

It has aspects of the other Tomb Raiders, but the way it plays out is different.