1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Took apart computer to clean, now monitor won't show anything

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Oragami, Jan 30, 2013.

1. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Not little Rhino hairs? ;)

2. lordjohn

lordjohn

Thanks Received:
    my air compressor is very old, 30kg, basically for airbrushing plastic models, it has a water/oil filter, i used it to clean my air-condition and car air filter sometimes, but never used it for pc. maybe I will try later. I think basic rubber air blower with brush is enough for pc.

3. thebluebumblebee

thebluebumblebee

Thanks Received:
    "No Touchy!"
    You still should not touch anything with the air compressor nozzle. To ensure that there is no static build up when I blow out my systems, I make sure that I am holding on to the case with my other hand. That way there is no difference in charge between myself, the air hose and the system.

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Oragami New Member

Thanks Received:
    I won't have any sort of money until y taxes come in...whenever that is, and I plan on getting one to two cans of it just in case.

The hairdryaere never got closer to the insides than the edge of the case...if that makes a difference.

I found a mini-USB vacuum online for like...$4. Supposed to be for keyboards and stuff, would I be able to use that on the insides?

Lordjohn- ill give that a try after I get it back from my neighbor. He's at work right now so I can't get it. But by...Tuesday? I may have the money to get some compressed air. And how would I 'discharge' myself?

Mindweaver- if I lived in the town I used to be in, and I had the money I'd take it to an actual computer repair shop. It'd be $25 just to look at it, and they could tell me for sure if I need to replace something or its a total fuck up.

i tried reseating everything several times. The memory was the one that gave me the mists issues, but it got snapped back in like it should. There were the normal 'beeps' that I've noticed when I turn it on. Usually the fan starts out really fast when I first turn it on, then slows down a bit when it gets to my desktop

5. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I clean my computer with carbonator cleaner and moonshine.

BrooksyX and brandonwh64 say thanks.
  6. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    Ive dont that. And it survived

Dont buy the $4 vacuum. Just use a can of air like everyone else. Some things don't need to be fixed.

7. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    In the summer time when im done with grass on the sidewalk i use this usually once a week, and no im not kidding.
    [​IMG]