Discussion in 'Games' started by blaznee, Jul 1, 2013.
Also, why not "The Prince" and "Wolf"!
Yeah I've seen what that leads to and I rather take remakes.
Mate, that set up made me smile. Keep it!! My first graphics card was a PowerVR and I still have it. I get it out and tell people it's iPhone prototype tech
Games in no particular order:
1: Unreal Tournament - I hear there are rumours....That oversized breakfast table mod...
2. Pod Racer
3. Motorhead - I'd play this now if they fixed the CPU clock cycle bug, it's trippy.
4. Prefered Quake 2 single player, the light reflections from the gun pellets were ground breaking to me
5. Unreal - that opening scene....those fan shadows
7. Soldier of fortune
8. Max Payne (I do like 3 but 1 was great)
9. Ground Control 1
10. Homeworld - possibly this above all.
11. Wing Commander - the free remake is a good but not quite the same.
Mmmm Pod Racer and Homeworld for sure.
1. Elite The pioneer in Open environment space games.
2. Freelancer Excellent Space sim, loved the battles.
3. Warcraft 1 & 2 Loved these, still have most of a white pad of paper with Blue Blizzard watermark from one
4. The Elder Scrolls, minus Daggerfall Open environment RPG, benchmark for all others.
5. F.E.A.R. First and only game to make me jump. Made fiancee scream.
6. Warlords Battlecry/Lords of Magic lovely niche games
7. Heretic and Hexen Who can forget throwing eggs at the enemy to turn them into chickens
8. Deus Ex/Thief 1&2 Stealth and death from range.. loved 'em.
9. X-Series Such an in-depth space game....
10. Alpha Centauri Sid Meier's best, I think
Honorable Mentions for the Mechwarrior series, Age of Empires, Total War, System Shock, and Wing Commander
1) Star Control 2 - The best game of all-time, bar none. Remake it with Faster Than Light style combat but with better graphics.
2) TIE Fighter.
3) Jagged Alliance (the first one, the second one has a great community and mods).
4) Mechwarrior 1 - The gameplay was great. Now imagine it with modern graphics and a totally dynamic campaign.
5) Dune (the first one!) - Mass Effect style storyline presentation for this one, please!
I did not have the privilege to play some of the greatest classics that most of you are mentioning(me being born on 1994) so the ones that I would probably still quite new, Most of these are also console games.
10. Driver series - The first and second game had such great atmosphere, probably the more serious version of GTA and Saint's Row. I saw some teaser for a new game but other than that no news about any new Driver games. I think it was even cancelled.
9. WarCraft III - Blizzard stopped making RTS Warcraft and focused on the MMORPG aspect, hope they bring back WC RTS again.
8. Black and White - A classic game, a mix of RTS, The Sims, SimCity and Tamagotchi, the last one is not that old, but Black and White III would be great!
7. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic - Too bad they switched to MMORPG like WarCraft(A failure btw), Big Mistake. I wished they'd just made KOTOR III. Mass Effect is kinda the spiritual successor, but still. It's not Star Wars.
6. Ergheiz Brand New Quest mode - No one probably knows this game but imo this was one of the most engaging Dungeon Action RPGs I have ever played. It was a "side-game" from the PS1 Ergheiz fighting game which included a mashup of Tekken wanna-bes and Final Fantasy Characters. That game was fantastic, I even have it on my PSP atm.
5. Max Payne - Awesome game from my childhood, still playable today, but I wouldn't mind seeing it in Max Payne 3 engine, and don't forget the mods! Kung Fu!
4. Syphon Filter - Before Hitman and Splinter Cell, there was this, Probably one of the best game series on the PS1, Great Action and gameplay, I would be happy to see this one remade with better graphics and presentation.
3. Tenchu - This game was da bomb! The ultimate stealth ninja game ever. Too bad it faded away along with Syphon Filter. the most recent games were not that great either.
2. Metal Gear Solid 1 - One of my favorite games, I hope it gets a remake on PS4. The PS1 hardware really limited what could have been the real MGS1 storytelling wise, hope Hideo listen's to his fans.
1. Galactic Civilizations - Would be awesome to have a GalCiv III, imo its the best space 4x game ever, I've always wondered why the hell they did not make a sequel!!
Star Wars Battlefront III - I am probably one of the biggest fans of Star Wars here and every gamer fan wants none other than this game! Good thing DICE got the job. Perfect fit.
Half Life Black Mesa - For bringing good 'ol HL1 to the newer source engine. And the devs adapted the valve time model too.
A Kotor 3 would be great indeed, if someone beside Bioware did it.
EDIT: Or Bioware could make the graphical engine and let someone else do the story, characters and the game system.
EDIT again: Some of the classics (Deus Ex, Thief 1/2, SS2) are still very playable, especially with mods. For Deus Ex there's Shifter and New Vision, which adds high res textures. Thief is pretty playable vanilla, SS2 have texture updates too iirc. Just remap the controls and you're off.
After Muzyka and Zeschuk left last year and with EA's practice to dissolve development teams and put people on different projects, I really don't know which part of Bioware is still good old Bioware. Everything they made since dragon age origins is just not very good IMHO.
But KOTOR 3 would bring a tear in my eye nevertheless, but please without cartoony clone wars art style.
POD RACER with a LOGITECH RACING WHEEL!
I didn't know that. And to be honest it's no great loss, as I always thought their games were overrated, at least as RPG's. Baldur's Gate, while great games, were not as good as Planescape Torment and Fallout (as RPG's), Kotor 2 was way better than Kotor, Dragon Age was entertaining but not THAT good, Mass Effect I never understood why people like it. The exceptions are probably NWN and Jade Empire.
Kotor 2 felt kind of unfinished but that's how Obsidian rolls ... loved both NWN and Jade Empire but NWN2 and mask of the betrayer expansion take the cake.
As for mass effect, the first one felt promising as a RPG - I just wished they made it less of a cover shooter ... instead every next installment was more cover shooter, less RPG.
I would agree that first Dragon Age had its flaws, for example it did not have command queue for your party members (if you wanted to tactically micromanage a battle, you essentially played it turn by turn).
However, compared to abomination called Dragon Age 2, it was great.
In the case of Kotor 2 it was actually the publisher too. They probably did gape for to much, but iirc the release was rushed after the development was initiated. And the other stuff... Thank you for clearly expression my opinions.
I actually have NWN 2 with expansions, but have never gotten around to play them. I did begin some time ago but had some issues with the build I had back then so it didn't quite work... Might try again. After I'm done with my "finish all Deus Ex games without killing anyone"-marathon. So far I've killed two MiBs in the first game. Dang.
Thief 1 - The very first game that spawned an entirely new genre. The game name pretty much inspired me when I was about 14 to actually steal this game from a store ....keep everything in this original the same, a few bug fixes and an engine upgrade and I won't have a problem shelling out $40+ for this.
Postal 2 - just because the vulgarity made me laugh so dam much. All hail krotchy!
Shenmue - imo hands down the best game sega made before they're console division went out of business.
Hexen 2 - 1 of my favorite oldie shooters. 1 of the first games to incorporate being able to move back and forth through levels. Small amount of destruction too i.e. break grave stones, windows, and trees, hit dead enemies to gib them apart, etc.
Quake 1 - need I say why?
Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines - had such amazing potential, but only got trashed because of the sheer amount of bugs that made it pretty much unplayable when it came out. Community patches fixed up almost everything, but still comes with it's own share of problems. If this was properly redone, it would make a lot of people happy.
Castlevania Symphony of the Night - One of the best 2-d scrollers of all time. The best Castlevania game in the franchise imo. Don't know if it can ever be redone to match it's former glory, but never say never
Conker's Bad Fur Day - just as funny as Postal 2, maybe moreso. Had a blast playing this game. Would be amazing with it's platforming gameplay to see it redone. Reminds me of the movie Ted
Half-Life 1 - Half-Life Source just didn't do it for me. I'm sure everyone would agree who purchased it was let down. A re-make of this in a shiny engine would definitely be awesome.
Gauntlet Legends - Couldn't really think of a 10th game, so this is it Loved playing this back in the days when it was in the arcade even though it was kinda bad. Playing with 2 or more players on my good ole Dreamcast was a blast though. New engine would be good, but I don't think enough to grab people's attention.
They made an HD "remake" of conkers on the 360 I believe. And have you played Black Mesa? It's pretty much an HD remake of half life 1.
Here are my ten:
1. MYST First computer game I ever played and it was awesome at the time.
2. G-NOME An awesome mech walker game for PC way back when.
3. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 The last NFS game that was genuinely awesome.
4. Time Splitters 1 and 2 Do I need to say more?
5. STUNTMAN I spent HOURS beating this game. Every level was challenging and fun. The sandbox stadium was a blast as well.
6. FEAR To be fair, this game has aged fairly well. The lighting still gives a creepy atmosphere. The shaders and textures need some updates though.
7. Diablo 2 Diablo 3 was fun for a while...but I will NEVER play it as much as I did D2.
8. SONIC SPINBALL This game is still fun to this day. If they made it a high resolution side-scroller with physics elements similar to Limbo, I would never leave my house again.
9. Condemned: Criminal Origins Made before FEAR (and by the same people who made FEAR), but is nearly as creepy.
10. Driver 1 or 2 Just as fun as Grand Theft Auto at the time.
Legend of the Red Dragon (LORD)
Barren Realms Elite (BRE)
Falcon's Eye (FE)
.. wait, to old?
Actually Fear was release a month before Condemned... just saying
It would be nice if they did bring RTS games again
OMG I forgot about Syphon Filter! Totally a awesome game!
By the way, I think I saw Syndicate wars here, or a similar thread. New KS campaign from the creator
Someone's wish is coming true: http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/20/45...s-of-homeworld-and-homeworld-2-for-windows-pc
E.A. should bring MPBT:3025 back to life
The entire Wing Commander series + Privateer, Madden, GTA London 1969, The original Duke Nukem, Baldur's Gate. I have yet to try out the new Syndicate and Shadowrun which would also be on my list.
A better crysis too.
I'd much rather see a homeworld 3... The AI in both these games was junk.
7 Kingdoms, Diablo 2, and Capitalism. They were great games
Separate names with a comma.