1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Torment - Tides of Numenera

Discussion in 'Games' started by Frick, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    I tought I should make a thread about Torment - Tides of Numenera as the kickstarter went online and they met their goal of $900 000 almost immediatly. A short info about the game:

And some more for those of you that doesn't know about old school RPGs and various tidbits:

Torment is a single-player, isometric role-playing game.
    You will play a single, specific character, though you will encounter optional NPC companions you may choose to include in your party.
    The story-driven game will have a rich dialogue system and approach similar to that of Planescape: Torment.
    The game will be developed in the Unity engine for PC (Windows), Mac, and Linux platforms.
    The game will be available in English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish.
    The game will be distributed DRM-free. (You’ll be able to get it from Steam, and other DRM-free download options will be made available.)

Why get excited about this? Because it's a sort of spiritual successor to Planescape: Torment. I don't really like the concept of "spiritual successors", mostly because I often find they don' work (Bioshock, which might have been a good game, but was a far cry from System Shock 2), but I have some hopes for this. Why? Because I recently started to play Planescape: Torment and it is simply mindblowing.

Seriously, it is that good. So I'm hoping for a deep, mature game (which DOES NOT mean lots of sex, Bioware-Alien-Tits) with lots meaning and lots of interesting dialouge. For preperation, prepare your biggest cup of coffee and play PS: T.

And yes, it is the same company that is making Wasteland 2. I feel like they should have finished that before doing this, but whatevs. Wasteland 2, this, Project Eternity, Double Fine Adventure.. The future lies in the past and it can not come soon enough.
  2. hellrazor

hellrazor

Thanks Received:
    Heh, it's already double funded.