1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TPU Dota 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by ThunderStorm, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Hilux SSRG

Hilux SSRG

Thanks Received:
  2. toilet pepper

toilet pepper New Member

Thanks Received:
    Add me too, steam: Toilet Pepper. I can't call myself a pro but I've been playing Dota until 6.70 rev then I stopped. Tried a few games and I can tell I still have my moves and nothing changed that much just some new items and a few heroes I have no idea where they came from.

Any idea how to make tridef 3d work in dota 2? I cant seem to make it work. I'm using the one supplied by Samsung. Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  3. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    Just finished playing with a team full of total newbies or possibly mentally challenged players. Couldn't read the enemy on mini-map, didn't respond to pings, text chat or voice. They picked 3 support who didn't buy wards, courier, and stole farm from the carries. Fed like they were getting paid to do it.
    Then they blamed us for the loss. Don't have too many games like this last one, but they suck the fun right out of your sul.

de.das.dude says thanks.
  4. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    ^ i know that. i may have played with the exact same players.

5. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It gets better as you level up don't worry

6. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    As far as i can tell, the playerbase of this and LoL is identical. If you want to play with better players, you have to get out of the lower tier brackets, which requires you to get very lucky with the players you have on your team being competent and not self-entitled trolling 14 year old frenchies who cry and moan when you tell them they are bad. Then they intentionally feed and AFK.

After playing LoL from release and investing a lot of money and time for the last couple of years, and attempting to play DotA only to realise the players are identical, I am now officially done with all MOBA's. The cesspit of bad players has killed a lot of games for me lately, mainly down to this f2p model i think, which allows the stupid teenage kids to play and troll for free without an initial investment.

I hope this gets fixed somehow.

7. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Not sure what you are talking about, I dug myself out of the "cesspit" within a few dozen games. After that things are good: supports doing support things, carries farming, mid ganking, etc. Every so often you get an unfortunate event where there are 2 people needing safelane, but that is how games like this goes.

And yes, people here are crazy competitive (and dumb), so cold hard graft is needed to climb to the top 10% when the games start to be fun. Or you have to grab at least a couple of other buddies.

8. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    Maybe I just dont like playing games with 14 year olds unless I can lean across and cave their head in when they get fresh with me. LoL has a far worse playerbase, but I have been told DotA 2is similar but to a far lesser degree.
    I just cant bare to play something that isnt DotA 1.

9. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Dota 1's playerbase was even worse than Dota 2's when I still played both.

10. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    From my experience most of the players were 100 times more mature than in LoL, and most of them actually had some skill to their name. Then again we only joined games hosted by forum members.

11. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    That explains a lot, since that not any random scrub will be able to play.

12. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    If only that were the case 100% of the time :D

13. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    this, you need to find other players. I played a lot of games and i have had two people like my style and they have sent me reqs, now we play together when online. Ones from tunisia and ones russian. Most russian players are stubborn kids who dont play as a team.

14. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    I did try to play with TPU's FirekillerGL processor reviewer, but within the first 30 seconds he gave the enemy first blood by going 3v1, so I kinda stopped putting my faith in forum members, I only have 1 IRL friend to play with.

15. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    add me then :p de_das_dude

16. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    just helped another bunch win :p
    [​IMG]

17. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
  18. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    quarterstaffs help increase the damage and rate of fire a lot. so its always good.

platemail helps taking some of the damage from the towers(in the end)

always a good idea to have as much armor and damage on a carry, as you can.

19. DinaAngel

DinaAngel

Thanks Received:
    could i add you? i play dota 2 also

20. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    sure

21. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    had one of my best gmaes ever

won 4 vs 5. our player left at the start
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

being a carry = awesome

22. CounterZeus

CounterZeus

Thanks Received:
    You should really pick silence on drow earlier, in favour for stats, it's a great spell to initiate and snipe the mage/support before he can dish out the damage/disable with his spells.

Also consider a shadow blade to escape more easily and phase boots instead of treads (unless you really need the extra HP)

I also notice you tend to build a lot of AS items on drow. You are better off with damage, as her ult gives her plenty of attack speed (and you get diminishing returns from AS stats). So getting quarterstaffs is not a good tactic. This is also a reason to build phase boots on her instead of the power treads(I notice you have them on INT??).

23. PLSG08

PLSG08

Thanks Received:
    Well coming from my playstyle, I build Manta Style and the Sange & Yasha Combo. Then Get a daedalus and shiva's guard with ring of aquila. Make's Drow ranger a freaking tank.

Shadow blade is really useful with manta style. I could create illusion then we three fade into the woods then start ganking the heroes that fall for the trap :D

24. Absolution

Absolution

Thanks Received:
    Lol @ five carries in the opposing team.

@de.das.dude

drow like bloodseeker is also another good carry to pick early game on, because no one really cares to shut her down. her farming / damage is pretty high on, especially with the crystalys. I guess the same could be said about anti-mage but AM requires a bit more farm and is not as useful in in early game fights.

As you go up, and you insta-pick drow, you will see people reacting and counter-picking heroes likes Nyx Assasin, spirit breaker, nightstalker just to shut drow down.

Drow was actually nice and not well noticed until icefrog buffed her up a few patches ago and she went straight into the spotlight for months (as being one of the most played and hated heroes), then she got nerfed again - the result being the majority of the player base being aware of the threat of a free-farm-drow.

25. de.das.dude

Thanks Received:
    i only have one level of silence on drow at the start after 2/3levels. thats to numb enemies if they get too close to me. i leave it at that till later before doing the final assault when i level it up a bit more.

im usually not the running away type. as you can see, i increase the rate of fire A LOT! i like upgrading my primary attributes XD. my drow can fire an arrow every 0.4-0.5 seconds in the end. thats a dozen arrows in around 5 seconds. add to that crystalysk and im rpretty much invincible XD
    i dont think the gmaes last THAT long to buy all the suggested items. i go get the butterfly though. a good substiture for the quaterstaff.

ahh so thats why there are a lot of people picking drow. how do you insta pick?
    i always type the name and have the mouse ready XD havent lost a match yet with drow. except the early learning ones XD