1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TPU Eyefinity Club

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by t_ski, Sep 20, 2010.

1. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    MiniDP to DP. COnsidering nothing comes with miniDP native, other than MAcs, seems foolish for them to not have included at least SOMETHING.

It burns my balls simply because I was told they would give me one, so I wouldn't have to purchase something I needed because they could not replace my 5870 with one of the same specifications...and although they did test the card tehy sent me before shipping, they failed to put the adapter in the box, and then sent it "supposedly" using snail mail....two weeks ago.

I'm just bitter with XFX, so I apologize, but until they sort me out right, they are gonna have to deal with me talking about how they failed...not once on this RMA, but now more times than I care to admit..but they'll admit they failed, no problem.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  2. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    a better image, of my more permanent setup

[​IMG]

grunt_408 and t_ski say thanks.
  3. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    You want to update your entry on the list?

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. claylomax

claylomax

Thanks Received:
  5. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    eyefinity requires alcohol. hidden requirement.

NAVI_Z says thanks.
  6. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    It makes watching pr0n smoother :pimp:

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. Ross211

Ross211

Thanks Received:
    I just pulled the trigger on 3 Asus VE247H displays and a Sapphire Active DisplayPort Adapter. I'm so bummed I can't find 2 more Asus VW266H 1920x1200 displays to match my current one - I Can't find any new online from a reputable retailer and the used ones on eBay don't interest me when I bought mine new for cheaper... sigh.

I'm getting ready to order a 6950 or 6970, likely a 6970. I'll definitely post some pics next week with the new setup :~)

I think I'm going to end up questioning why I didn't get an eyefinity / surround setup for Bad Company 2 sooner.

8. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    Are you going to sell your Asus VW266H? I have one myself and might be interested.

I just got a 6970 in today and am typing on it now. Have not hooked up the Eyefinity yet though. I want to play around with it first on a single display before I go back to three.

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. Ross211

Ross211

Thanks Received:
    Yeah my intentions are to sell off this current Asus VW266H and EVGA GTX 570 when I receive the displays and new GPU. I'll PM you details next week before I list it for sale.

Newegg just gave me tracking to my new displays and Gigabyte 6970 OC :rockout:

t_ski says thanks.
  10. Ross211

Ross211

Thanks Received:
    I just got my 6970 and monitors earlier tonight, and I've had a great experience thus far. I played Bad Company 2 for about an hour earlier and the whole time I was overwhelmed. This is going to take some getting used to, but I can see the potential benefits multiple displays has to offer.

I'm likely going to change the positioning of these monitors soon. Here are some shots of my new setup ;~)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NAVI_Z says thanks.
  11. Genocide_Jim New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey ppl,

Just thought you should know that I have created a widescreen wallpaper web site

http://jimswidescreenwallpapers.blogspot.com/

I have over 340 pics so far, all of them 5760x1080 or above.

I'm only 2 weeks in and adding pics all the time so keep checking back regularly.

Please visit, send me any comments you have and PLEASE, send me more backgrounds!!!! I'll host the files and give full credit to you and a link to your site.

Thanks,

Jim.

NAVI_Z, Ross211 and jasper1605 say thanks.
  12. Ross211

Ross211

Thanks Received:
    Jim,

I found your site last night looking for wallpapers to fit 6048x1080. I didn't have a problem finding any for this from your page.

Thanks and good luck with your site.

13. Ross211

Ross211

Thanks Received:
    I've decided to go back to a single monitor for gaming. I'm not stating Eyefinity isn't awesome for some games. It does seem to have its advantages and disadvantages though.

I truly thought Eyefinity would give an advantage in Bad Company 2... it doesn't for me in landscape. I can't vouch for 3 monitors in portrait but I noticed I lost so much top and bottom going to Eyefinity compared to a single 1920x1200 display. I imagine I would still be losing top & bottom even if I had 3x 1920x1200 displays instead of the 3x 1920x1080 I tried.

I use the well-known BC2 FOV calculator to adjust FOV. I use 78 for the FOV in my setting.ini file for 1920x1200. This gives me a far better gameplay and more top & bottom than any FOV setting on the Eyefinity setup. I had strange gameplay using Eyefinity in Bad Company 2 - I had to aim higher when throwing grenades and shooting 40MM's. I also seemed to move much slower when I was running.

I tried the default FOV (55) in BC2 when using Eyefinity and it was worse. I tried lowering it, raising it, nothing seemed to fix what I'm missing on top & bottom compared to a single monitor. No FOV setting I chose fixed the strange gameplay I had mentioned above. I've tried playing on Eyefinity since I got it setup Monday and I've been playing worse in BC2... It might just be me but I know for certain I play better and enjoy the higher frame rates on a single monitor.

I've finally given up and I'm resorting back to a single monitor (My Asus VW266H 1920x1200).

I'm still debating on keeping the 6970 I bought for Eyefinity or going back to my 570.

14. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    yeah it's for immersion not advantage imo.

some racing games, and rts games are good - most games with a top-down view are good, but for first person games it's just immersion.

15. Ross211

Ross211

Thanks Received:
    I decided to hook my monitors back up yesterday after work to test this issue with the FOV. You will view the same top & bottom on your center display, Eyefinity or not. I think I thought I was adjusting my FOV in my BC2 setting.ini file but I'm pretty sure I was adjusting the setting in my backup setting.ini file in My Documents... This is my stupidity. :banghead:

I think Eyefinity is great, but its just not for me though. I tried Eyefinity in BF after getting the FOV on my main display correctly, but I noticed the side monitors image was distorted and stretched. It's weird, you can look at one of the side screens, then turn to what you're seeing on your side screen with your main screen and the image looks completely different on your main screen compared to your side screen. Yeah, I could see more left & right with Eyefinity but the image on the side monitors for me was too distorted for it to really give an advantage.

I think the info below could be useful to anyone considering an Eyefinity setup in landscape. This info is from a discussion in the overclock.net Eyefinity club thread. These are all replies from the thread OP regarding my discussion about the distortion & stretching on the side screens.

16. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    Agreed that you just watch the center monitor, but use your peripheral vision on the side monitors.

Crunching for Team TPU
  17. LordJummy

LordJummy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I generally only use my eyefinity when I'm playing racing, flying, or RPG/strategy games. This includes WoW.

I can't stand playing FPS style games at all. They end up giving me extreme tunnel vision.

Anyone else get the tunnel vision after playing on theirs?

My setup:

6970 + Samsung Syncmaster BX2431*3

18. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    Post a pic of your setup please.

I mostly play driving games, but have not done a lot with FPS on my setup. But then again, I don't play for hours and hours anymore like I used to.

Crunching for Team TPU
  19. LordJummy

LordJummy New Member

Thanks Received:
    oooh I'll have to take new pics. the only one I have on this computer is an old pic before I got my third samsung and new desk. I had magazines under the monitors to level them out lol. I've since moved to a new wooden desk and sold my glass one. The screens didn't even fit on the old desk :-O. I hate to post an old shitty pic but oh well. At least I'm in the eyefinity club.

I'll get some nice new pics of my cleaner setup this weekend.

This is from February or March I think when I first set it up ghetto style. 2 samsung BX2431 and a LG flatron that I sold:

[​IMG]

Again, sorry for the crappy pics:

[​IMG]

I'll post a video up on youtube of when I first set it up in action playing WoW. Give me a minute.

I don't know how to embed a youtube video on here, but here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df9zxnPSahg

OH I found another random picture before I sold the glass desk. This was the setup I had in between glass desk and new desk. Things were messy while moving stuff, so don't judge me ;D

[​IMG]

One more random ass picture. I know people like seeing other peoples crap so here you go:

[​IMG]

OK I'm done posting old pictures. They are embarrassing. Oh, and yes that's a bong. I didn't even realize it got in the picture. Doh

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  20. phill

Thanks Received:
    Just looked through the whole thread :) Very impressive guys :) I would have added some pics, but I dont have my 5970's anymore :( I'll just have to admire from afar :D

21. BATOFF

BATOFF New Member

Thanks Received:
    My setup
    Sapphire HD6970 2gb
    2 x Samsung 22inch + Asus 22inch

Attached Files:

22. grunt_408

grunt_408

Thanks Received:
    Here is mine.

5970 , Acer P244W , Dell ST2420L , BenQ GL2440HM 24" eyefinity FTW

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  23. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    Please list your system specs like the first post and I'll add you in. I've gotta run...

grunt_408 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  24. LordJummy

LordJummy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Two 6970's + Three Samsung BX2431

25. t_ski

t_ski Former Staff

Thanks Received:
    Added the last two

Crunching for Team TPU