1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TPU Lifeboat

Discussion in 'Comments & Feedback' started by TheMailMan78, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm starting this thread in light of our founders announced departure. We need to set up a migration plan I think. So post your ideas and where you feel you might end up. I personally think we should wait it out but have a backup plan to do a mass migration if necessary.
    a_ump says thanks.
  2. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    I'm waiting for more information. I think everyone else should do the same.
    t77snapshot says thanks.
  3. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I am man. But its in my nature to plan.
  4. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    migration? to were? XS/Hard/anantech/OC.net

I really dont want to leave and i dont want w1z to leave
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm leaning toward XS. They were cool guys when they stayed with us.
  6. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    I need a Valium man...
    Soylent Joe says thanks.
  7. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    I believe it shows disrespect to w1zzard to do something like this. You really think that he'd just dump the site on the first person with some loot in his pocket and some slick words? He may be burnt out, but this is still his baby and I believe that w1z will do what's in the best interest of TPU.
    Soylent Joe says thanks.
  8. exodusprime1337

exodusprime1337

Thanks Received:
    i don't want to migrate.. i want to stay, and everyone else should stay as well. To be honest i think wiz should turn site ownership over to someone who's been here a while like a senior moderator or friend if he's going to leave. I plan on staying if he does in fact leave. At least until the new owners destroy the site and turn it into... xs...
  9. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Its not dissrepectful at all. W1zz could think he found the perfect person and that same person be two faced. All Im asking to do is setup a backup plan. IM NOT SAYING jump ship.........yet.
  10. Flyordie

Flyordie New Member

Thanks Received:
    We should all stay. Mods, pull out your File 13 Ban Hammer and start dishing them out to the trolls in the review section.. No Mercy. So, you peepz in the review section think you can flame and insult someone who has been doing this since before you were prolly born?

:mad:
  11. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I will migrate to TPU. Not going to let it sink yet, W1zzard has spent the better part of his 6 years building it. However if it comes to a point where its migration or extinction, I would go for a smaller website and start anew, there is little point of joining a mature website, they already have their environment. A small website however, we can recreate the TPU flavour.
    Soylent Joe and Solaris17 say thanks.
  12. SystemViper

SystemViper

Thanks Received:
    Why go anywhere. W1zz built up a great place to hang out, and
    believe me it's the best freestyle place out there.

i am confused why you need to jump in the water and swim somewhere?
    Please explain>? seriously can you tell me why your so quick to jump ship>? :twitch:

and MM78 you carry the banner of TPU in the cyber games, I would figure you to be a
    leader and have some loyalty??????????????????????
  13. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    It's not only the owner, but also the members who make TPU what it is today...

I say we stick with TPU unless extreme stuff happens... W1zz's work shall live on! :D
  14. BUCK NASTY

BUCK NASTY F@H Mod & 4P Enthusiust Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Let's not get paranoid. Why would you want to disrespect W1zz's legacy with thread like this? Even if W1zzard leaves, it's our responsibility to make this community work. We can either lead or follow, but it's up to each of us to step up and carry on the tradition that makes TPU great. This is the reason we all gravitated here in the first place. Think about it before you start looking for another home elsewhere.
    King Wookie and DonInKansas say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  15. a_ump

a_ump

Thanks Received:
    I was just bout to make a thread like this myself. N i agree with ur post in the other thread. us regulars should stick together and if we feel the need to go should do it as a group so we bring some of what TPU is right now with us.

I agree with Polaris also thou. W1z said for 2-3 months TPU wouldn't change, but i don't believe he'd hide anything from us, so when he releases more information we should know what he knows. Then everyone that's part of this thread should re-post what we think.

That is why, like Polaris said, i also feel we should wait to see what the "further info" that w1z is releasing states. We can't carry on a tradition if the new owner changes things to the point that i no longer feel its TPU.
  16. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    +1

If push comes to shove, we could always have a TPU Refugee forum lol! I'm gonna stay positive in this situation, because for one, I doubt W1z'll just let some jackass take the reigns, and two this place does have an awesome staff that may stay. There are a lotta variables to take in light of this situation, and some won't appear until things unfold a bit more. Right now I'm staying, with a secondary vote on TPU Refugee Forum.

:toast:
  17. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    If TPU ceases to continue being TPU, I'll to XS.

I hope not, I barely started enjoying my Vegeta over 9000 avatar...
    Crunching for Team TPU
  18. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    I'm not going anywhere. I'll see how TPU turns evolves with time and then what I want to do will suggest itself to me. If it becomes crap, then I simply won't feel like posting any more and I'll take it off my bookmarks and ignore it. No announcements necessary. I bet no one will even notice I've gone; hey, it's the nature of an internet forum. ;)

And I'm not afraid to walk from a bad forum either. I signed up to overclock3d.net some time ago. The admin behaved like a complete jerk with me right from the start (deleted my lively thread pointing to the Asus MARS review on here; they didn't have one) and didn't even have the courtesy to PM me about it.

I suddenly noticed it wasn't there in my subs list. I asked him why he did it (and sure, I didn't sound too happy at being treated like that, especially as I was new) and got a complete powertrip jerkoff response from him. I ignored it and never posted there again (the account is still active). I will not associate with disrespectful cretins like that.
  19. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    WTF I never once said jump ship! I just made a thread to get ideas together IN CASE everything goes to hell. I love TPU so much I want ALL of us to leave to the same place IF we have to. Thats why I called this thread a "lifeboat". All ships have them IN CASE they sink.
    a_ump says thanks.
  20. a_ump

a_ump

Thanks Received:
    Well said :toast:
  21. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    BUCK NASTY says thanks.