1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TPU's F@H Team

Discussion in 'Folding@Home' started by W2hCYK, Jun 10, 2006.

1. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    Good lord, 2 months before I normally set up my air conditioner(I have to pay extra rent when I run it) we've hit 80f+ temps. So with my giant windows, close to 90f inside. My 280 is folding at 79c on a 511 pointer. Ug.
    Edit: Gromacs error, not going to fold in the daytime anymore until I have cooling. Sorry.
    Edit 2: gawd, it's after 9pm here, still over 80f in my apt. Not supposed to get this until July. If I have enough money left, I'll pay my landlord, and fire my air conditioner up....
    Last edited: May 31, 2009
  2. pepsi71ocean New Member

Thanks Received:
    i feel bad the main rig is down again.......

this time its the mobo going, hopefully an RMA will be issued soon and life will be good again. Until then it looks like no folding until the rig is up again.

Good news is in a month or two ill take over an additional two computers and use them to fold, and that is cuz the family will be gone and i'll have the house to my self.
    BUCK NASTY says thanks.
  3. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    About 10pm here now, with fans in all windows, I've dropped temps enough to start the 280 back up. The 9800gtx runs 24/7 now, never has a problem, even in the heat.
  4. BUCK NASTY

BUCK NASTY F@H Mod & 4P Enthusiust Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You must be experiencing a heatwave up there in BC. Do you have the side panels off the rigs?
  5. mike047 New Member

Thanks Received:
    When my boxes and the 260s heat up, I hang meat for smokin:D

I ran 48 boxes last summer:eek:
  6. kyle2020 Guest

Update on the rig - had to install Windows 7 to be able to use my wireless adapter for it (doesnt work with 64bit) but all is running smoothly - im typing from it now actually haha. Im currently only crunching but im in the process of finding a card to run in it, combing ebay and the B/S/T section to find something.

So, for now, a shot of it Crunching, 100% load @ 100% CPU time:

[​IMG]

COnsidering that that is using the stock cooler on the processor, im quite happy with temperatures, however I will be swapping it for a Freezer Pro soon enough.

Just think, another few thousand PPD for TPU soon! :D
  7. Mindweaver

Mindweaver Moderato®™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Mike by your folding and crunching numbers... It looks like you're running 49 already! :respect:

@johnspack
    When my boxes start overheating.. I try to sit as close as possible... because I'm COOL! or as the younger crowd would say kewl!...lol :roll:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. mike047 New Member

Thanks Received:
    No, only 12 boxes and only 10 of them have Gpus. Trying to get to about 6-8, out of work and will draw social security in Dec.
  9. bogmali

bogmali Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Just like the our WCG brethren's (which is most of you on here), we're steamrolling along. Checked yesterday and we were #76, now we're #74:toast::rockout:

Keep those clients folding folks:D
  10. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    8 fans in my antec 1200, including the panaflo side intake for the video cards, they run hotter when I remove the side panel. Now have a system of house fans that work outside air to my computers. seems to be working, with my work, i'm still maintaining 10k points + per day.... And yes, freakish heat wave, 80+f every day, much more in my apt.....
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  11. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
  12. kyle2020 Guest

That'll be down to mine and moon's mega folding entity :D

173rd! from like 230 odd!

Oh, and lads, we are 72nd now. Good work!
  13. Assassin48 New Member

Thanks Received:
    good job guys!

just curious but how many points does #1 have and how far are we?

what would it take to be in top 10?
  14. kyle2020 Guest

erm years and alot more rigs I think - I was folding for CPC for a while and they are in the top 10 but with hundreds, if not thousands of donors under there name.
  15. El Fiendo

El Fiendo

Thanks Received:
    Well Buck, we did it. Although, it took us longer than expected. I assure you it won't happen again as those responsible have been sacked. To further ensure this, those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked.

New goal?
  16. kyle2020 Guest

who's been sacked? whats happened? :eek:
  17. msgclb

msgclb

Thanks Received:
    Yea! How about a little WhoopAss on WhoopAss! Could we get it done in say 5 years?

So El Fiendo, you're the one responsible for all that sacking!:D
  18. bogmali

Thanks Received:
    El Fiendo-:wtf: are you talking about? What is this sacked by someone who also got sacked:confused::banghead:
  19. El Fiendo

El Fiendo

Thanks Received:

According to EOC Folding Stats, yes. It would take us 3.4 years to best Whoopass if everyone remained at their current rate. I was thinking a bit more short term.

In regards to the sacking, I shouldn't talk about the sacking lest the head sacker come sack me leaving me to wallow in my recently sacked sadness and complain about having just been sacked.
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  20. BUCK NASTY

BUCK NASTY F@H Mod & 4P Enthusiust Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for remembering El Fiendo. I wanted to say something about us passing them, but wanted to be a good sport about it also. I set that goal 6 months ago and there was a little drama that erupted. One of the Longevity Meme team members got a hold of my post(http://www.imminst.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=24793&hl=buck+nasty). Then I was belittled concerning my ability forecast when we would pass them(prognostications). One of them even registered here and PM'd me about the thread. They went on to talk about recruiting me and even offering me $$$. Like I'm a gun for hire:laugh:? I cannot imagine myself folding for anyone but TPU and the fabulous team that we have here. Congrats on steamrolling another team guys!

:rockout:

P.S. Just loaded up 2 Galaxy GTS 250's into my HTPC(poor rig:eek:) for an additional 10K PPD. Not bad for a $70.00 card after MIR.
  21. El Fiendo

El Fiendo

Thanks Received:
    Yea I'd read all that and thought it funny. They put up a good resistance but we've had more luck recruiting. That and some of us decided to go nutter and finance the power companies single handedly.
  22. bogmali

Thanks Received:
    So anyone try out 186.08 beta drivers yet?
  23. mike047 New Member

Thanks Received:
    So much for my world domination:D
  24. thebluebumblebee

thebluebumblebee

Thanks Received:
    Buck, what's your first impression of those Galaxy cards?
  25. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    Well, sorry again, production for me is going way down. My stupid m2n32 mobo is kicking the bucket. Southbridge chips always die on these athlon mobos, not the first time for me. I was expecting it. Shuts down my 280 both for this and my canvas knights project, this sucks. No funds at this time, so dunno......