1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TPU's F@H Team

Discussion in 'Folding@Home' started by W2hCYK, Jun 10, 2006.

1. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    finally got my main rig built so ive put it to task, may be a bit on offy to start with while i hone the OC and ive sorted my shitter ready todo something usefull again

main rigs PII 960T@4.2 with 2x5800s all workin
    shitters a pentium4DC with a gt240 < hopeing this will all get swapped out 1 day soon

mstenholm and BUCK NASTY say thanks.
    More than 25k PPD
  2. thebluebumblebee

thebluebumblebee

Thanks Received:
    There's been a ninja or two around here.

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. bogmali

bogmali Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    :slap: :laugh:

4. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    Well, should get my NH-D14 on friday, looking forward to comparing it to a Polaris 120 with a 130cfm hi-pressure panaflo fan. Kind of wondering if I should have gotten higher output fans for the D14, but after the mx4 I ran out of money. And of course, after 4 months now I think, I can finally finish and fire up my i7 folding rig! Pity we can only do smp on 4c/8t cpus now, when I first started building it, we still had bigadv.....darn.

theoneandonlymrk says thanks.
  5. mstenholm

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, it was I. HP had contacted some people at overclock.net and asked if they would try 20 cores cloud service. Hard got one or two slots as well but it seems like it was to late to sign up for some extra 50 k PPD it would have brought so I deleted my post.

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    v7.1.43 client

just thought id mention i had used the flag etc previously to fold on my 5800s but as i downloaded the above V7 client last night i thought id see how it was goin dev wise, and id say v well i have entered no flags or config settings and it picked up x16 units straight away for both and its working well, no issues and no setup required other then user name team and passkey , v easy on amd gpus now:D

More than 25k PPD
  7. thebluebumblebee

thebluebumblebee

Thanks Received:
    Did you install over an existing install? edit: nevermind

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. bogmali

Thanks Received:
    It was I also:laugh: but deleted the link from EVGA once I saw mstenholm delete his:D I did sign up for the beta program though just waiting to get accepted. More to follow and I guess I'll be the Guinea pig for this team;)

BUCK NASTY says thanks.
  9. mstenholm

Thanks Received:
    Well Ercoker or whatever don't like my still so I leave for good. Good luck and happy folding

Crunching for Team TPU
  10. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Just so we're clear since you're making this public. mstenholm feels he has the right to insult other members here. I made it known to him that he doesn't have that right. Putting the blame on me for your actions isn't the right thing to do. So, sorry to see you go, best of luck.

11. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    Theres been a lot of fighting on here, whats that about?

12. mstenholm

Thanks Received:
    Allowing advertising on the forums. I think that it at least sould be clear and correct. Not all agrees

Crunching for Team TPU
  13. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    eh, as long as it doesn't talk and it doesn't open a new window I don't care. If this site got ads, awesome! That would probably mean more features and giveaways

14. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    I wonder if SOPA plus could be the cancer to stop this project. Forget about finding a cure, when the internet is infected. Sorry, but this scares me, and you don't think folders could be shut down by accident... multiple clients accessing the internet at the same time. Must be piracy. Think about it.. we could be next.

15. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    Also, I am firing up this rig... and I'm coming for 15th! I'd like to see some other folders under me pick it up too. Stop me! This i7 will probably only add another 20k or so ppd for me, but I'll be walking away at that point!

16. bogmali

Thanks Received:
    Alright team I got accepted into the HP Cloud System Beta and I currently have 2 clients running (both @ -smp 8). I will setup 2 more later on. Anyways, I just received this email from HP that has 5 approved invites so I am putting it out for whomever is interested and first come serve. PM me your email address and I will send the invite link as well as a link to the tutorial from EVGA.

EDIT: Only 2 invites left

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
    theoneandonlymrk, mstenholm and KieX say thanks.
  17. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    Ah man... I had to do an order for a client, and so ncix combined my orders, now I don't get the cooler until Monday. Dammit! That'll teach me for being a nice guy.....

18. Feänor

Feänor New Member

Thanks Received:
    Woke up this morning and saw my rig got a 6900 wu. :eek:

As i only have a 12 thread cpu (970), i shouldn't be able to get them, isn't it? If i remember correctly, 16 cores is the minimum since the january 16th?

Edit:

I'm running fah gpu tracker, if it means anything

19. jsfitz54

jsfitz54

Thanks Received:
    As far as advertising goes, why is there not some big ad splash on the TPU home page that say's "Fold for TPU" or "Fold for Cures to Illnesses - join our team"?

Make that a permanent ad.

I already get target ads for my internet provider and I don't like the flashing/revolving signs.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  20. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Something like this comment wont be seen in the depths of this thread by the admin. IF you really feel like that is a good idea (not passing any judgments in what I am typing) either PM w1zzard with the idea or post it on the comments and feedback section;)

21. bogmali

Thanks Received:
    GL on your endeavors, we will miss you bro.

22. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    Looking for some advice... getting ready to build my i7 folder finally. But.. I want to max out my main system, currently running my 950 at 4.15ghz, but my max temp recorded while gaming was 73c, not good. It is completely stable however, vcore at just over 1.37, with 24gbs ram. I'm wondering if I swapped out my rampage ii gene for a full sized p6t, if that would allow better cooling of the mobo and possibly better ocing on the cpu, like higher freq at lower vcore. I'm swapping out my polaris 120 for a noctua d14, and have a high static 110v exhaust fan behind where the cooler is. Should I bother trying the p6t? It's just a lot of work swapping mobos back and forth......

23. mstenholm

Thanks Received:
    This is hardy relevant for folding or is it? But since you do fold...Sure more spacing between heat souces could reduce temperature if air flow is increased as well and yes the Nd14 is a better cooler. Google the p6t and be happy with what you have, just make sure that your airflow improves. Do you need 4.15 GHz for gaming? Vcore @ 1,37 (BIOS or reported?). That voltage/speed will give you least +65 C with any air cooler.

Crunching for Team TPU
  24. bogmali

Thanks Received:
    If you want to drop the temps down, you will have to drop your OC. Anything over 1.3v will generate a significant amount of heat but 73 degrees on a full load is not all that bad especially if you say that it is stable 24/7.

25. TeXBill

TeXBill

Thanks Received:
    Woke up to a dead rig. :wtf:My gigabyte ud4 went bye bye. We had some storms move thru here in the last 48 hrs. I suspect that had something to do with it. Have to send it in for RMA. Will be down 1 rig (2600k & 2 580's) for a while. Going to take a big hit in points for awhile. Going to frys and see what boards they have tonight. :) wish me luck.:cool: