1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TPU's F@H Team

Discussion in 'Folding@Home' started by W2hCYK, Jun 10, 2006.

1. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea ive been taking some loritabs(10s the blue ones) from my script when i dislocated my shoulder for the body aches and NyQuill at nite and DayQuill during the daytime and some sinus/headcongestion stuff from Tylenol. yea im all F'd up lol

2. p_o_s_pc

p_o_s_pc F@H&WCG addict

Thanks Received:
    damn right. :toast: Codeine used to kick me in the arse but not anymore but the 2 of them together :eek: wow is all i can say. if anyone tries it just don't take too much. I take 35ml of nyquil (i know it is more then i should) and 5mg(i think) of Codeine. I tried taking Nyquil Codeine and 1/2 or a Vik (5s) and a shot of fire water it kicked me in the arse big time i slept for almost 2 days after i passed out. DON'T RECOMMEND!

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:

I have a high tolerance for painkillers after damn near breaking my back.. and in the same year dislocating my shoulder.. for the 6th time! So ive been taking about 4 1/2 Loritab 10's a day since i got sick last friday. Thats what happens whe you have kids that go to school, they get sick along with the rest of the house!:eek:

4. p_o_s_pc

p_o_s_pc F@H&WCG addict

Thanks Received:
    for a while i was pop'n viks left and right bad habit that i broke. I am not 16 yet so i am still in high school so i get sick alot.

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:
    yea i had that habit too but i got off myself .. alot of people underestimate the addiction that comes with eating painkillers. Now i have my wife moderate my dosage because the bigger my script is .. i tend to eat more. But damn bro your only 15 and eatn those like that, I hope you can slow down soon cause your body wont be able to function properly w/o a rehab if you get to far IMO. But I think we should kill this topic and get back to Folding@Home lol before someone says something about going off topic. :toast:

p_o_s_pc says thanks.
  6. p_o_s_pc

p_o_s_pc F@H&WCG addict

Thanks Received:
    i know i need to...

anyways. what are you folding on? (cpu,gpu,PS3...etc)

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:
    cpu i belive .. i just started so im not to sure exactly, what ever the default is.

Yea .. its CPU .. i moved my cursor over the icon and it says CPU-F@H:Working (780/1000)

p_o_s_pc says thanks.
  8. p_o_s_pc

p_o_s_pc F@H&WCG addict

Thanks Received:
    I had a P4 folding at 3.4ghz(at stock volts) (stock 2ghz) it put out higher PPD then my amd x2 5000+BE@3ghz put out. as you know when it came to Athlon and P4 in most cases the Athlon was faster but for some reason the P4 :nutkick: Athlon :laugh: i really need to get a new HSF for the 478 rig that i have and clock it to around 4ghz(got to give it above stock volts) and put in my spare 350w PSU and have it fold for me while my main rig isn't folding (i folded on my 8800GT)
    you know you could fold on the 3850 and get higher PPD then folding on the CPU? I wouldn't run them both because your CPU would be killing the PPD trying to feed the GPU while folding

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok F@H has updated but my sig doesnt work =[ WTF m8

And how would i get my GPU to fold?

10. p_o_s_pc

p_o_s_pc F@H&WCG addict

Thanks Received:
    your sig is working now. to get your GPU to fold you have to download the GPU2 client. you can find that on the F@H downloads by clicking high performance clients at the bottom of the page.:toast:

_jM says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  11. _jM

_jM New Member

Thanks Received:
    thanx mang!.. for a young lil shit you sure are helpfull! :toast:

p_o_s_pc says thanks.
  12. mmaakk

mmaakk

Thanks Received:
    Last 2 days I've been having a lot of Network problems. Uploading results and downloading new WUs.

I JUST WANT TO CHECK WITH YOU GUYS. ANY PROBLEMS TOO?

I want to know if is my home network that is bringing me trouble or not.

13. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    not noticed any myself. and i noticed our team ranking - :twitch:

14. BUCK NASTY

BUCK NASTY F@H Mod & 4P Enthusiust Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea, me too Mmaakk. I woke up this morning to 4 GPU's sitting idle waiting to connect to a server to send results/get work. Add that to the 12 hours my farm lost when we switched ISP's yesterday. Oh well, now with Comcast cable interwebz and the connection is a big improvement over DSL. Now i got to knuckle down and crank out the WU's this weekend.

P.S. ...Got 2 more GPU's coming online by Wed next week....:D :laugh: ;)

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  15. mmaakk

mmaakk

Thanks Received:
    I have no problem AT ALL spending elec. with folding but coming back from work and noticing that all my rigs are IDLE - PISS me OFF!!

I guess F@H needs a couple of new servers...:cry:

16. p_o_s_pc

p_o_s_pc F@H&WCG addict

Thanks Received:
    no problem and thanks :laugh::toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  17. BUCK NASTY

Thanks Received:
    This is a quote from F@H's blogpage

A blog all about Folding@home, from its Director, Prof. Vijay Pande

Update on network issues

As I've discussed before, we have been having issues with a particular subnet (171.64.122.XX) for Folding@home servers. The symptoms were dropped connections and general challenges returning WUs. We asked for a new network, just for Folding@home, and after much red tape we have received it and it has been installed on a few trial servers. So far, it is looking very promising. VSP07v (171.67.108.11) is an example of a server interface on the new network and it is behaving very well. We are in the process of updating additional servers. It's still possible that this isn't a network issue, but given our results with VSP07v, that looks unlikely, so we hope we can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.

We have also started rolling out new GPU servers. The GPU serverstat pagehttp://fah-web.stanford.edu/localinfo/contact.GPU.html
    now shows more servers in general, as well as a much lighter load. This was possible now that we have the new network. If all looks good, we'll plan on rolling more out in time.

mmaakk says thanks.
  18. dark2099

dark2099

Thanks Received:
    So appologies first, I am lazy and didn't poke my head through the thread any to look for this, but I just got a PS3 and want to fold, but do not see the option. It is running firmware 2.5, most of the set up stuff I have seen is for older firmware so did something happen with the 2.5 or am I missing it somewhere?

19. BUCK NASTY

Thanks Received:
  20. Bow

Bow

Thanks Received:
    Holly Shit.:respect:

Crunching for Team TPU
  21. Atnevon

Atnevon

Thanks Received:
    Hello Everyone,

So I just popped in my new 8400 GS as a Phys X card. Well, some weird stuff is going on, and maybe somebody knows something.

I'll begin by saying I have a 680i A1 mobo, running Server 2008 as primary OS, with XP on standby. (if this is to confusing, just think of me as having Vista x64) First, I have an 8800 GTX in PCI-E slot 0. I have the 8400 in slot 2, and the blue (Ageia) slot is still open. Now, I have the 8400 configured to do Phys X, and not the 8800.

Pic for reference:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...122-CK-NF68-A1 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Now, I would like to be able to see the temps of the 8400, and also control the fanspeed. I don;t think I'll be doing any folding with this one just yet , but will soon if I find out how to do it. First, I just want to see the temps, and play with that fan. We;ll figure out one thing at a time.

Also, when I go to Fold, the display says my 8400, though I clearly hear the 8800 folding. Any ideas what would be doing that?

Thanks,
    -Atnevon

PS - holy shit indeed. Go Buck!!!! ^_^

22. mmaakk

mmaakk

Thanks Received:
    That's what a call "F@H Professional Board". Born for Total Massacre of WUs. :rockout: hehehe...

Can you fit 4 dual slot cards there?

Congratulations Buck! :toast:

23. mmaakk

mmaakk

Thanks Received:
    Hello Sir. atnevon!

You need to config -GPU 0 and -GPU 1. Where Zero is your primary PCI-e slot.

For multi GPU folding, just follow the link:

http://folding.stanford.edu/English/WinGPUGuide#ntoc4

Is not complicated at ALL. Basically you'll need to create a new folder and config 2 shortcuts - for GPU 0 and GPU 1.

Good luck :rolleyes:

24. Bow

Bow

Thanks Received:
    Can you run 2 cards in SLI for gaming and run 2 cards for Folding at the same time???

Crunching for Team TPU
  25. mmaakk

mmaakk

Thanks Received:
    No way. This mobo has AMD Chipset. ONLY Crossfire allowed!!

You can have 2 ATI cards "Crossfire Mode" for gaming and 2 more for folding.