1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TPU's WCG/BOINC Team

Discussion in 'World Community Grid (WCG)' started by Chicken Patty, Feb 20, 2009.

1. [Ion]

[Ion] WCG Team Assistant

Thanks Received:
    So I have the X4 955 OCed to a mild 3.4ghz...PPD boost seems minimal so far. However, I also have it undervolted from 1.408v to 1.35v, so it's actually cooler & faster than stock. I'm going to try and push it to 3.6ghz or a bit more, I changed around the airflow so it's now at 50c load versus 65c+

EDIT: Some more posts to reply to

Looks awesome, could you make me one? :eek:
    Eh, I've never cared too much what my rigs look like, I hate stupid cases covered in plastic junk, but an old P3 case is good enough for me as long as things stay cool enough. Currently, I have a big hole in the front of the RF (3 drive covers missing) to put a fan there, I'd rather have the 10c drop than have it looking great...and I can always shut the door (what I do most of the time)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
    KieX says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. Chicken Patty

Chicken Patty WCG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    guys, my Phenom will not be crunching for most of the night and day tomorrow. Started to back up data and do the RAID etc. Windows install as well. don't want it crunching while backing up stuff. My i7 however is online already.

3. p_o_s_pc

p_o_s_pc F@H&WCG addict

Thanks Received:
    Ion do you need a new heatsink still?

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. KieX

Thanks Received:
    Thanks. Dunno how good it'll be, let me know what you would like and I'll give it a go.

5. [Ion]

[Ion] WCG Team Assistant

Thanks Received:
    For the GPU or CPU?
    GPU, definitely not, the IceQ is more than sufficient. CPU, maybe, the HDT-S963 is doing a much better job now that I have an intake fan pointed at it (the intake fan at the bottom front did nothing) and the exhaust fan is 12v vs 5v. 50c seems reasonable to me, I'll try clocking it more in coming days (3.6-3.8 probably) and see where temps are. If temps are too high, I'll probably pick up a Mugen 2, HDT-S1283, or a Corsair H50 to lower them a bit, and slap the 963 on the E6550 in my parents rig (it's still running a stock Intel cooler)

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. p_o_s_pc

p_o_s_pc F@H&WCG addict

Thanks Received:
    I was talking about CPU. My Fort 120 I could sell you when i get my WCing up in about a week or 2. or my painted S1283

[Ion] says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. [Ion]

[Ion] WCG Team Assistant

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, what prices would you be looking for?
    And how well would the Fort 120 compare to say, a HDT-S1283 or a Mugen2?

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    my girlfriend broke up with me, a week ago. to the end, she made it 90% painful
    and the best: for reasons that arent real. she made them up, to make me the bad one, even if i did everything to please her.
    it was like if she kicked me in the nuts, and then shouted at me, that im an asshole,because her foot hurts, and forces me to say sorry, or she will be pissed for at least a week.
    you read right, she ended it.:ohwell:

i was really confused, and that hasnt changed since...
    also i get unfriendlier and grumblier each shitty day:shadedshu
    when i was younger, i was known to be always friendly.
    but the older i get, the more fighting i have to do. i cant remember exactly when i was lucky,the last time,and felt good.

sorry for my private shit, i needed a place to dump, a place, which is still a relatively safe harbor.:eek:

9. p_o_s_pc

p_o_s_pc F@H&WCG addict

Thanks Received:
    thats about how it goes alot of the time. Some how it never gets that bad with us and me and her are still together. Sorry that happened. but things work out for the best

also i can relate to most of that. I was one of the nicest kids alive a few years ago but now i am a complete asshole to anyone that crosses me wrong and am ready to beat some ass without even thinking twice or asking questions.

Velvet Wafer says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    im developing chauvinistic beliefs, now that that happened.:ohwell:
    the difference is: my girlfriend only got presents, when its normal.
    she even told me, not to give her too much, because she will like that.
    my greatest problem is my ADHD, which she always knew of, and which she suddenly counted as Lazyness. you know, i can only do work, that i "like". if im forced to do something shitty, it often happens, that i get 2 left hands then, because sth in me doesnt want certain work to be done right,especially if im forced to do it. i cant control that, and this is the only reason i still had no "real" job till now. its a little bit like laughing at blind guy,because he cant see. only much much worser, because people wont believe me:(

thanks for your good wishes. lets hope that;)
    sadly, it wouldnt fit my life tho. each time i fall, i get kicked so long in the face, till i stand up again to end that.then im pushed over again, and the whole thing restarts. problem is, the hits get harder each day, and no one will help me, or even realize that. if something goes wrong, Bendix is easy to punish. i cant count the times, people of each gender and all ages loved to jump up and down on my heart.:shadedshu

(im close to flipping out... i waste most time of the day, how i will punish and kill the people, that poison me and this world. then i realize, that im nothing alone, and doomed to suffer)

i also hope, things will work out for you, you seem to be a little luckier (not much tho), regarding life and working things out.:)

p_o_s_pc says thanks.
  11. p_o_s_pc

p_o_s_pc F@H&WCG addict

Thanks Received:
    I can assure you things will get better. I know its what everyone says but its true it does. Try to keep a positive outlook on life it will make things much easier. I been to the point i tried to commit suicide but my best friend saved my life(he had no idea what was going on just had a feeling he says) That made me see that a breakup isn't the worst thing that could happen.

Crunching for Team TPU
  12. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    i cant suicide... there is something forbidding me that... but thanks you got so personal...:)
    my problem is, that i dont know WHEN it will better. but it will probably take years, like everything important in my life. at least im healthy:laugh: for now;)
    but i start to get slightly alcoholic. i can kill a bottle of vodka, and im not very drunk, these days.... :(

p_o_s_pc says thanks.
  13. p_o_s_pc

p_o_s_pc F@H&WCG addict

Thanks Received:
    thats not very healthy for you. Just remember good things are worth waiting for..

back on topic i should have WCing for my i7 rig and that should allow me to get alittle higher clocks

Crunching for Team TPU
  14. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    that shouldnt sound rude, or unthankful..but... i think i have waited enough. if i think back, since i can think, i had to suffer.I had no real Childhood, and never had Friends.Just for being me.And this needs to stop or i at least want to make someone pay for that,what happened to me. it feels like there is a violent pressure growing in me, a pressure that only is to control with sedatives,green, and alcohol. best would be, if i had a shopping bag full of valium. a few days ago, i kicked in one door of my locker, because i lost a trivial ebay auction.
    ah damn... im 20 and i feel "empty", im doing everything wrong,and wrong and wrong,even tho i really try to make things better,even if i dont belong here. no one likes me for what i am. they just like what i can...and what advantages it has to know me. but when i need help, everyone is away.

sorry for this massive offtopic... but these days no other persons listen to me:ohwell:

so ontopic:
    what specs has your pump?
    what rad do you use, and what block :)?

15. p_o_s_pc

p_o_s_pc F@H&WCG addict

Thanks Received:
    my bro didn't find his wife till he was 23 he was in and out of relationships alot....that about says it all. Now i'm sure someone would like you for who you are they just have to get to know you.

Enzotech SCW REv.A
    KOOLANCE HX-720
    OCZ Hydro 800
    EDITED:I confused the block i was looking at with the one i bought :banghead:
    here are specs to the pump
    http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/cooling_products/ocz_hydro_pulse_water_pump_800

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
    Velvet Wafer says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  16. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    im 21 in 3 months, and i only had 2 Girlfriends, from which i loved one.
    shocked?:laugh: i was a "Spätzünder":eek:
    the problem is, that they all know me. but everyone wants my help,without giving back what they have received. People that get to know me, normally even hate me, if i just talked a few words. for no obvious reason. i could tell you many stories, but i wont torture you that much:p

the pump is superb! i also want to buy it, but mine is by phobia, tho it has exactly the same desing and specs. should rip a laing to pieces:laugh:

17. neoreif

neoreif

Thanks Received:
    I'm sorry to hear your situation VW.... Dont worry man, there are lots more other gorgeous/understanding females out there! Problem though would be if you really love your ex so much that moving on would be a problem.... just keep your cool for i feel that you are a good chap inside! Just have a positive outlook as pos had said ealier!:toast:

Velvet Wafer, KieX and Chicken Patty say thanks.
  18. blkhogan

blkhogan New Member

Thanks Received:
    My x2 5000+ is only picking up 1 transfer at a time and running 1 core. Is there a setting that I missed? Or is there a lower work load right now? Its been doing it for a few days now. All of my other sytems are running on all cores except this one. :toast:

19. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    That pump looks like a re-badged DD CPX Pro. If it is, then it's a pretty decent pump, just a bit noisier than I like.

p_o_s_pc says thanks.
  20. blkhogan

blkhogan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Things will get better VW, I promise. I was 35 before I got married, so your not in a race. I just went through a expensive break up. Take your time and really get to know who you are with, that will pay off in the end. For right now.... enjoy some freedom, go get some buddies together and do something you havent done in a while and have some fun. The healing will happen, slowly but it will happen. Keep your head up bro. You will find the girl of your dreams someday and all of this will seem trivial. :toast:

neoreif, Velvet Wafer and KieX say thanks.
  21. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    i believe your right... its difficult tho, to be pleased, only by the little things in life...but i will live on,thats for sure:)

neoreif says thanks.
  22. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    You've gotta quit the alcohol. It never makes anything better, it only makes everything worse. Trust me, I know... I'm 17 year old who has been living with alcoholic parents since I was 12, or maybe even younger than that.

blkhogan and neoreif say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU 5 Million points folded for TPU
  23. Paulieg

Paulieg The Mad Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Guys, I certainly feel for your problems. I've been there. Thing is, this is not the place to deal with this kind of stuff. Please post stuff that is not related to WCG over at Generalnonsense.net.

24. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    i dont behave alcoholic, i only drink so much, till i can "shut down". but naturally, there is an increasing tolerance, youre right, i should lower the amount. im not physically addicted till now. and i better dont get it;)

sry paulieg, this was the last offtopic post... the boinc team is just such a big bunch of really nice,and helpful guys... theyre the only friends i have that dont mistreat me sometimes:laugh::eek:
    thanks youre there, if i have a "need":toast::rockout:

i still have that unused biostar, Paulieg!
    it brought my old 5000+ to 3.4:) if you sent me that, i can build another cruncher, since a long time:) tho you dont have to, it just will be grateful;)

25. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    I overclocked my mom's computer... the Sempron 3000 is now at 2280MHz instead of 2000MHz. I've tested it rigorously with OCCT and it's run WCG for many days without a reboot and it seems to be quite alright.

[Ion], Chicken Patty and Velvet Wafer say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU 5 Million points folded for TPU