1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TPU's WCG/BOINC Team

Discussion in 'World Community Grid (WCG)' started by Chicken Patty, Feb 20, 2009.

1. (FIH) The Don

(FIH) The Don

Thanks Received:
    thank you :) never had my parents, so i had to grow up a little before others at my age, so i guess thats why:)
    one thing though, dont force her, let her decide the pace, just a suggestion:)

blkhogan says thanks.
  2. blkhogan

blkhogan New Member

Thanks Received:
    The one thing I always told her was "the world is a ugly place". I experienced it first hand, war, death, hunger, suffering and everything else the world can dish out. I taught her all I could, just hope it was enough.

Radical_Edward says thanks.
  3. (FIH) The Don

(FIH) The Don

Thanks Received:
    dont think you can learn her more about the ulgy fucker called the real world, other than that is hard ass self study imo

blkhogan says thanks.
  4. blkhogan

blkhogan New Member

Thanks Received:
    The only regret I have is "did I protect her to much from the real world"? I moved to a small town to raise her, so I could shield her from that stuff. You always ask yourself "did I do enough"? I hope so. I guess thats the question all fathers ask themselves.

Wile E says thanks.
  5. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Beyond a shadow of a doubt. If you aren't asking yourself that question, you aren't doing your job as a parent.

neoreif and blkhogan say thanks.
  6. blkhogan

blkhogan New Member

Thanks Received:
    I wish you good luck with yours Wile E. Its hard work being a father. Dont let anyone tell you different. Its usually the mother that gets all the credit. Stay strong in what you believe. That strength is what children seek. Strength is what is needed to survive in todays fuked up world. Keep them safe and secure for as long as you can. The world is a fuked up ugly place, but you are their only link to "what is really going on". Teach with a kindness, but also show them what you have experienced through your life. A father is a teacher and a tyrant all in one. Show them love but with a strong hand. You are their guide through good and bad times.

7. (FIH) The Don

(FIH) The Don

Thanks Received:
    :respect:

8. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    @ The Don...I know what its like not havin parents around.. Been on my own since 14-15, and from 16 - 24 was homeless. U def learn the world is an ugly place when ur at rock bottom and u see how society treats u. All the steps that have led me to where I am today w/ my beautiful Missus and a 7 y o, have been accomplished by Me and a straight train of thought at wanting to get better and be in a better place than i was 10 years ago. Ive seen alot in my life experiences and wouldnt trade the wisdom and lessons learned for anything

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    Damn, i guessed you MUCH younger... even younger than wile!:eek: but dont be sad, that only means, that you heart has stayed young;)
    in which country you had to fight back then?

oh, i started to get worser and worser at 16... with 17 most people are at their worst:laugh:
    but that can go on until 20, dependant on their maturity:laugh: you surely will have to fight a bit till then!:p

of course its a little scary, when, upon ringing the bell of your house, not your daughter opens, but this: [​IMG] suddenly gets stuck out of a slit of the barely open door, with the words "P*SS OFF YOU BASTERD!":laugh:

oh, then my parents havent done their jobs :D... i always believed the world to be a wonderful,peaceful place,and they never even warned me, till i was drowned in a pool full of sh*t
    another problem is, that my parents lied much too often, even when telling me, lying is one of the most evil things to do ;-)...also, i wasnt hated, or ignored... but i was barely loved,more a child of mercy,then a child of love
    damn i wasnt raised properly, i believe:laugh:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
    blkhogan says thanks.
  10. blkhogan

blkhogan New Member

Thanks Received:
    You have grown up to become a stronger person because of what you experienced and learned. Its great that you pulled your self from out of the gutter and into a productive life. Not many that fall as far as you did make it back up. :toast:

I try and keep myself feeling as young as possible. ;) I was very lucky to have the parents that God gave me. They were very young to be parents. My mom was 16 and my dad was 18 when I was born. My dad worked his fingers to the bone to give my sister and I what we needed and wanted.
    As for areas that I was in during conflicts..... Iraq, Bosnia, Afganistan, Somalia, South Africa (peace keeping UN missions) and Kirkuk. Got out right before the 911 shit took place. I was in Desert Storm and the small conflicts that followed.
    I like to go the Portland airport (when I can) when a unit is coming back state side and shake their hands. I know what they went through. Its tough returning to the real world after the shit you see in situations like that. The old saying "war is hell" is spot on.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
    AlienIsGOD and Radical_Edward say thanks.
  11. Chicken Patty

Chicken Patty WCG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hogan,

How tall are you?

12. blkhogan

blkhogan New Member

Thanks Received:
    6'6"

13. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    You got me by 2", I'm 6'4"

14. blkhogan

blkhogan New Member

Thanks Received:
    The males in my family average 6'1" to 6'3". My dads dad was 6'7". My moms side is a different story. :laugh: My sister is 5'11". The funny thing is, my daughter is 5'5". :)

15. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:

You and your daughter have a hard time saying hi/goodbye heh? :laugh:

Hogans Daughter: "Hows the weather up there daddy?" :roll:

blkhogan says thanks.
  16. blkhogan

blkhogan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Her mother is 5'10" or so, dont know where she got the short gene from. A lot of people say my daughter looks like a shorter version of Taylor Swift the country singer. I dont thinks so but thats what everyone tells me. :confused:

17. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    sounds like you had to go thru some serious shit, and yet you are here, alive... i bet you are lucky about that!:)
    yeah... War, War never changes... the old ones declare war, and send the young ones, to get killed for them, while the indutrial-military complex gets more power and money each day, sitting warm and dry on their fat,egocentric asses.
    thinking about the next deadly weapon they could invent,advertise, and earn money for just for getting more and more and more money, until they can wipe their asses with a 1000 dollar bill,till they get wound. (and not beeing interested in anyones life, besides their own)

"Millions of people have nothing to eat, and no place to live...Who cares, im gonna buy me a new Benz tomorrow, from the money i made due to their death"

i simply hate those people... and they only have one natural enemy,whom they could not buy, or silence: Cancer.

that should mean no offense to anyone here! (except,he is one of those people.. but i dont believe that!:D)

you soldiers have to take the beating, the politicians and uberrich should get...
    i can fully understand, that beeing there, shrapnell raining, and bullets whistling, as they pass you only by centimeters, can make you not only psychically instable, due to the immense pressure you have to bear there. It can, and probably will destroy you, till there is nothing left. the only chance to escape that, is a really strong heart, and personality.

my heart hurts, when i see all that cruelty out there... a church, worshipping satanic behavior more than godly... leaders that only think about control and power... and the neverending story, about people loving to hurt others, to gain personal power, just to feel themselves better, more important.

if there is a god in heaven, and it might be (just not material, more like some kind of energy)
    he surely cries about, what his own creation does to itself.

A wonder has to happen, to pull humanity out of the black hole, it pushed itself in.

I worry about that each day, because i feel, not only me,personally has to help to make this wonder possible. each human, whether black,white,red etc ; whether christian,muslim,buddhist; whether old or young, wheter hetero,homo,or bisexual... everyone has to help....

Or we might end, like the Dinosaurs did.
    Roaches will be the new "Kings" of creation then.
    Ironic,isnt it?

I fear the day, when the last Fish has been catched, the last Tree chopped down,and the last Animal has died. Because then,when its much too late, the Humans will see:
    You cant eat Money.

just my 2 cents, i hope i didnt enraged someone from the team!:eek:

EDIT: here in germany body height is measured in metres. im 1.90 :)

blkhogan says thanks.
  18. (FIH) The Don

(FIH) The Don

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

vs

[​IMG]

You have a winner imo

blkhogan says thanks.
  19. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
  20. blkhogan

blkhogan New Member

Thanks Received:
    You know thats my gf in that pic not my daughter? :roll:

21. (FIH) The Don

(FIH) The Don

Thanks Received:
    :shadedshu

you still have a winner imo;)

Velvet Wafer says thanks.
  22. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    lol. You have no idea how often I get that as well. I'm almost 7 years older than the mrs, and she looks young to begin with. Depending on how ragged work has me looking, she's either mistaken for my daughter on the really bad days, or my younger sister on the not so bad days. lol.

blkhogan says thanks.
  23. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    errr...:laugh: nice pick hogan! as said, you stayed young!:p

blkhogan says thanks.
  24. [Ion]

[Ion] WCG Team Assistant

Thanks Received:
    So my output is going to be down a bit, I'm having issues with the T400 (P8600)

Crunching for Team TPU
  25. blkhogan

blkhogan New Member

Thanks Received:
    She keeps me pretty young feeling. She's 30, and on the go alllllllll the time. :laugh: