1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TPU's WCG/BOINC Team

Discussion in 'World Community Grid (WCG)' started by Chicken Patty, Feb 20, 2009.

1. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    Yes it is. Just search boinc it will come up, and click install. Basically the same client we use in windows except it doesn't have the screensaver and a couple things maybe a little different.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. Norton

Norton WCG-TPU Team Captain

Thanks Received:
    WCG looks to be catching up .... 4 pages of pending validations have come off the list but FreeDC hasn't updated yet :(
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  3. stinger608

stinger608 Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder

Thanks Received:
    Yea I now have 15 pages?
    Crunching for Team TPU 2 Million points folded for TPU
  4. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    I was up to 20 pages and now down to 10.

Free dc just updated I have just over 9k for the day so far and still in 14th place. :eek:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    I dunno ... mine seems up to date, B.

Ignore me. They just JUST updated.

@Mad shot

LOL, I have 3.3k so far for today as well and only running the 2600k @4Ghz. Again I MIGHT shut it down before I leave for work today.
  6. Norton

Thanks Received:
    Finally.... lets see if it stays on track for the rest of the day :eek:

There's gonna be a whole bunch of Milestones tonight!!! :toast:
  7. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    LMAO and just had another few pending's validate for yet 400 pts more still have about 5 pages of pendings.
    [​IMG]
    Got a good chunk of points coming, and thats only 8 results of about 50.
  8. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    I'll hit my next milestone tomorrow. :toast:
    Norton and Daimus say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. ChristTheGreat

ChristTheGreat

Thanks Received:
    Will add X4 of my sista, soI can get my 4th star :toast:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. stinger608

Thanks Received:
    :laugh: I guess! There is 9 milestones so far this morning. And of course Norton is getting an awesome stone of 900,000!!! Damius and Norton both have that milestone.

Very awesome guys, almost in the millionaire club. :rockout::rockout::rockout:
    Norton and Daimus say thanks.
  11. Jstn7477

Jstn7477

Thanks Received:
    Looks like my main laptop is taking a beating from WCG. I just happened to check my WCG results and it pumped out 14 pages of errors in the last 2 days, when it has run fine for the last few weeks. Lowered the multiplier by 0.5 to 10.5 and I'll see how it does.

It originally had a Phenom II P920 1.7GHz 25w quad in it, but I got a grey market X920 2.3GHz 45w quad a year ago for cheap, threw it in and ran it at a much lower voltage and 2.2GHz as it was being throttled. Now it's at 2.1 at the same voltage (0.975v) and the temperature is 67c.
    ChaoticAtmosphere says thanks.
  12. f22a4bandit

f22a4bandit

Thanks Received:
    Man, it's been a loooong time since I posted here! Congrats to all the stones I've missed, it's been a good amount, I know.

Anyway, I've had to cut off crunching on my main rig for the time being. Even with A/C going, the room heats up quite a bit, and it's been in the mid-90s almost constantly for the past month. 100 degree heat is quickly approaching by the end of this week, and it'll be a constant presence well into September.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to put the contest rig to any use. I don't know where I'd stash it right now (still living with the parents :ohwell: ), and I need to procure a copy of some type of OS anyway. Until then, it will have to stay quiet. Hopefully I can put it to good use in the next couple of months!

The parental rig is still running strong, at least keeping the badge up to some measure. As long as I can have a machine crunching I'm happy. Here's to all of the work we've accomplished so far, and to the work we'll continue to donate in the future! :toast:
  13. Chicken Patty

Chicken Patty WCG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry I haven't been on at all in like three days guys. Friday storm took out all but one power outlet in my house, the one my PC was on! However, I had no available power source for modem/router or anything else. Had a very busy weekend and managed to get all but one outlet working. I rigged something up in the meantime so I was back online, but between that and all the other things I had to do, just found some time to come on now. What I miss?
    stinger608 and ChaoticAtmosphere say thanks.
  14. ChaoticAtmosphere

ChaoticAtmosphere

Thanks Received:
    Okay so Jracingfan noticed my numbers dropping recently and yes they were. for the last week my computer would freeze up, nothing more, no errors, just freeze up while I've been at work or overnight while asleep. I dropped the bus speed 5 notches iniatilly and it would still freeze up but not as often. dropped it another 5 and still froze up. I dropped it 5 more today and so far so good. I came home from work, jiggle the mouse and the screen lit up. hopefully no more freezes and better PPD's from here on. :)
    Daimus, stinger608 and JrRacinFan say thanks.
  15. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey everyone. Stopping by with a lil info of my life. I'll be shutting down a few rigs to cut my utilities down. Don't know how long that'll go for. I just got laid off from work. Being the only bread maker it sucks. I'll still be around and have my main rig running.
  16. Norton

Thanks Received:
    Man that sucks about the job pops :(

Hang in there- hopefully something better for you is just around the corner!!!
    Jstn7477 and popswala say thanks.
  17. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Bill. Theres not much around my corner lol. Alot of big companies in construction is laying people off. I'm goin on the hunt tomorrow for a new job. I had soo much planned with my life and now it just reset again. I thought I had a real good job with all the bells and whistles and then this happens. I can't win. This also puts my build back on hold again.
    Jstn7477 and Norton say thanks.
  18. stinger608

Thanks Received:
    :banghead: Damn bro, that majorly sucks man!! I am very sorry to hear that news Pops.

Hopefully you find something as good or better than the job ya got laid off from. I was in building construction for about 20 years and know how that crap can happen. Kind of wish I was still in construction though as there is soooooooo much of it going on in this area. Around here you don't even have to "try" to get a construction job.

Good luck tomorrow my friend. :rockout:

And for sure keep us all posted man.
    ThE_MaD_ShOt, Jstn7477 and popswala say thanks.
  19. Jstn7477

Jstn7477

Thanks Received:
    Sorry to hear about your job status, pops. I need to be thankful for what I am able to have, and I'm doing my best to give back by running as many machines as I can for distributed computing and buying off used parts from TPUers or making trades in lieu of buying things such as NVIDIA GPUs brand new from major retailers. I'm pretty much maxed out equipment, space and power wise for a while, but I hope all the deals I've made in the last couple weeks helped a lot of you out. I may look like a rich yuppie kid with all these machines, but I feel it's better for me to run them instead of them being in someone's closet doing nothing.
    Daimus and popswala say thanks.
  20. Norton

Thanks Received:
    All I see is another dedicated fellow cruncher and hardware junkie :toast:
  21. Jstn7477

Jstn7477

Thanks Received:
    At least I have no regrets buying anything anymore since I can just send it to crunching or folding hell once I grow bored of it, or resell it on TPU. :toast:
    Norton says thanks.
  22. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    It is fun gathering all types of parts and building rigs and seeing how well they do on wcg. I was hoping to get a hold of an ati card eventually. I never messed with them before and since I recently got a amd board. I can actually try that out but now that's on hold. I can admit I'm a hw junkie and tech nerd.
  23. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    The way I feel it's better we do this instead of being a junkie on the street or something. We have something to show for it and also have alot of great friends here.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  24. ChaoticAtmosphere

ChaoticAtmosphere

Thanks Received:
    My heart goes out to you Popswala. As CP can Attest he advised me with others on my first and current build. I started crunching as soon as it was built but then dropped off the map when I got laid off in 2008 during the recession was unemployed for practically 3 years and only now starting to become stable. I also feel your angst ahving to put a build on hold >>> I have been staring at a Crosshair Extreme IV Mobo with a CNPS Max with no CPU, case or ram to put it in for 2 months only because I had to move 2 times in as many months.

Good luck on the Job hunt dude, I'm sure you'll find something fast if you majke a full time job out of looking for work.

I was a junkie on the street for 11 months. It was actually an awesome time, not a care in the world. doesn't look good on the Resume though, so I agree...I'd rather have problems to know I'm alive and look forward to my next hardware fix!!! :rockout:
    Daimus, stinger608, Jstn7477 and 3 others say thanks.
  25. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:

You are exactly right CA. I was a major alcoholic about 20 years ago. I am so glad I was able to let it go. I have a occasional drink every now and then but I never drink to excess anymore.
    Crunching for Team TPU