1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TPU's WCG/BOINC Team

Discussion in 'World Community Grid (WCG)' started by Chicken Patty, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Chicken Patty

Chicken Patty WCG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Was driving when I read your post and I tried posting as I got to traffic lights and stuff. Not a smart idea but was trying to help. Anyhow, if all that comes through seems like you got it figured out and for the best. that is indeed a great price for the combo man. Keep us posted.

That's a good deal too, regardless if X58 and not a 2600K, they still overclock nice and crunch like beasts. ...and best of luck at college!
  2. gopal

gopal

Thanks Received:
    Patna, Bihar, India, Asia, Earth, Terron System, M
    Sorry guys i have a fever so i will be not here i was here to check tinks and sorry if i jad made any s[e;; mistakes it is hard tp type wjhile a you are sick
  3. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    No problem man. Go gopal and get well.
    gopal says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    Get better soon man. :toast:
    gopal says thanks.
  5. gopal

gopal

Thanks Received:
    Thanks guys, i am here because i don't want to get my Post per day avg. down hahahaha:laugh:
  6. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    You need to stop posting for the sake of posting here. I asked you once, FIH asked you again, and you are still doing it. Its fine to do that on General Nonsense (which I have seen you clearly know about), but for the third time- keep the nonsense out of the team thread.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. Arjai

Arjai

Thanks Received:
    Quick update: I have been invited to interview with Macy's! That's the job I applied for on Tues. It's in their, "River Room," a restaurant in the store. Now I just need to find a suitable time to go in and win them over!! Gotta run, Take Care!!:toast:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    You see, a simple "thanks guys" would have been fine. But when you clearly state you are posting for the heck of it then you come across completely wrong. This is not a competition, why do you care about your post count or average? In all honestly who cares?

Warnings you've had too much, think before you post. No more warnings will be given. No, it's not personal, nothing against you. But there are rules to follow and you are breaking them to keep your post average up.

Great news man, please keep us posted! Best of luck!
  9. Daimus

Daimus

Thanks Received:
    Nice to hear. I wish you good luck. If you were in my area, I would have you found a good job, you're a good person.
    Keep us posted.
    ThE_MaD_ShOt and Norton say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. (FIH) The Don

(FIH) The Don

Thanks Received:
    yeah baby, go get it! :toast::rockout:
    ThE_MaD_ShOt says thanks.
  11. [Ion]

[Ion] WCG Team Assistant

Thanks Received:
    I've moved into the dorm and I have things set up again, I have my C2D desktop, i7 laptop, and two older laptops (C2D + PentDC) running. I'm looking to upgrade the C2D desktop to an i7 within a week or two.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  12. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    I can't figure this goddamn computer out... here's a list of oddities that just don't add up to me:

At bare stock settings, save running my memory at 1600mhz 8-8-8-24 according to OCZ spec, which is technically out of Intel spec, OCCT Linpack fails in minutes, yet I can pass 2 full passes of memtest86+ (bootable) without a single error. I thought maybe my uncore freq was to blame, as since 1333mhz is the highest memory officially supported by Intel, 2666 uncore would be the highest officially supported. As I'm at 3200 uncore with 1600 mem, I thought a boost in my board's QPI/DRAM core voltage, from 1.2v up to 1.225, 1.25, 1.275, all the way up to 1.3v, there was no improvement in stability. When I lower my ram to 1200mhz with some loose timings (9-9-9-27 I think) I can pass occt for about an hour before it errors out. I'm thinking I either have a REALLY bad memory controller, or this memory is bad.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  13. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    Awesome. Once you upgrade the C2D you are going to be a force to reckon with my friend! :D

Frustrating I must say, even for me and it's not my rig and I'm not the one trying to deal with it. Probably something you obviously thought of, but do you have any other RAM to try? If you don't, I'm willing to send you two sticks that I have here of DDR3 at least so you can try and verify what it is. They work for sure as I used them in my 2nd cruncher. Not running now because of the issue I've been posting about now for a while with my power outlet not working. But they work perfectly fine.

I'm just as puzzled as you, and it's been a while since I've dealt with X58, or any overclocking really. I probably won't be of much help since I don't remember much. But I would gladly send you the two sticks so you can at least verify if your RAM is bad or not.
  14. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    Ended up doing a fresh install on two 500GB drives in RAID1 on my main rig. Should have it up and crunching again tonight or tomorrow.
    Norton, Daimus and Chicken Patty say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  15. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    Sounds good man. I need to get around to setting up a RAID as well for my storage drive. I've postponed it for the longest now. :(
  16. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    These are just for my OS. It's mostly due to seeing so many people's drives fail all the time that I chose to set up RAID 1 on my own machine.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  17. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, it happens. I don't have a backup of my storage drive right now, that's why I really need to get the RAID set up.
  18. theonedub

theonedub habe fidem

Thanks Received:
    i5 2400 @ 3.6ghz is now running 12hrs a day along with my main i7 2600k. It might outperform my old i7 860 @ 3.5ghz- will have to wait for it to ramp up and post back for reference.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [Ion], ChristTheGreat, Norton and 3 others say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  19. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    That's why I'm building a NAS box. :D
    Crunching for Team TPU
  20. [Ion]

[Ion] WCG Team Assistant

Thanks Received:
    I'm thinking about asking my parents to bring another one of my power supplies from home, if they do then I can leave the C2D mobo on the desk crunching :D
    Currently I'm looking at getting an i7-860 from Buck Nasty, he has it clocked at 4GHz, so it should be a consistent 5-6k PPD, and at only $225, it's a lot cheaper than a 2600k (if the upgrade bug bites me again, perhaps in Nov or w/e the 860 will become a dedicated cruncher and I'll get a newer i7 for my main desktop).

I've met another guy on the hall who has an i3-2100; once I know him a bit better I'll see if he wants to crunch too.
    Chicken Patty says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  21. ChristTheGreat

ChristTheGreat

Thanks Received:

NAS and RAID aren't backup really, except if you use it as external :D

I have Raid 1 + External HDD :D
    Crunching for Team TPU
  22. gopal

gopal

Thanks Received:
    Come on i have just added some extra, what is the problem with that?
    I didn't posted another post it is in the same post, i think you should not have any problem with that, you can ban me if i had made an extra post with offtopic things but it is in the same post man.
    like i can add something in this post as well, Btw why only this thread posters are ordering me to stop offtopic posting, i have only done that 2-3 times.

didn't you guys seen a laugh :)laugh:) in that post it is just a joke. Now don't tell me that i have to take permission for joking.
  23. okidna

okidna

Thanks Received:
    Saying simple thank you would've been fine, but I think the problem is this :

I think CP and theonedub already said very clearly about that : "You need to stop posting for the sake of posting here" and "This is not a competition, why do you care about your post count or average?"

Nothing against you man, but please follow the rules and general logic.
    Norton, theonedub and Chicken Patty say thanks.
  24. gopal

gopal

Thanks Received:
    Well i didn't readed the rules yet reading now:rolleyes::eek:
  25. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    Thought about that a while ago, kinda forgot over time. :(

That would be great, now get on his good side already :laugh: do they give your crap there about all the PC's?

To answer your post, it's not that you go off topic, it's the way you go off topic. There's a difference. Now I suggest you read the rules and let it go. Carry on please.