1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Tranquil PC MMC-12 Starts Selling

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Jan 2, 2012.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Unveiled last month, Tranquil PC's ultra-slim MMC-12 media center PC started selling, with an introductory price of £649.00 (about US $1007), its original price will be £749. Measuring 395 (w) x 225 (d) x 40 (h) mm, the MMC-12 is about as big as a consumer Blu-ray/DVD player, and relies entirely on its heatsink-fitted aluminum chassis to passively cool the processor and chipset. The base model is driven by an Intel Core i3-2100T dual-core processor, with 4 GB dual-channel DDR3 memory, 80 GB OS and programs mSATA storage, Internal MCE IR RX and MCE, and Windows 7 Home operating system.

The main unit has an empty 2.5-inch HDD bay, and a slot-in DVD-writer drive, other optical disc formats could probably be opted for. The system has a rated power consumption of 19W (about as much as a consumer DVD/BD player), and uses an external power brick. The drive relies on external storage to hold your media library. It has one eSATA 3 Gb/s port, two USB 3.0 ports, two USB 2.0 ports, and gigabit Ethernet connection to help it do that.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Source: The Verge

2. qwerty_lesh

qwerty_lesh

Thanks Received:
    I would love this thing if it had optical out and no text on the front.

edit: i see it has mini spdif. awesome!

3. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    I can see this being the perfect HTPC if they made it a little bigger and added a few TV tuners.