1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Transfering Files

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by 4eVaCrazIe, Dec 28, 2007.

1. 4eVaCrazIe New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi.

I have just completed assembling my new computer, and it is hooked by a network cable through the router which my old computer also connects too, to get access to Internet.

I want to transfer files from my old computer to my new one, is there a way I can do this?

I have a DI-624 Router.

I tried a few things like right clicking a folder and sharing it, and on my other computer I tried looking in Network Place (I read this online somewhere) and I still can not see the files?

I tried pinging both computers and they seem to be working fine. And yes, both computers are in the same workgroup, MSHOME was the default name.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

2. moto666 Guest

Hello some inf about the systems would be help foul!
    :)
    XP, Vista, Millenium

3. kwchang007

kwchang007 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Unblock local area connections in the firewall.

4. Triprift

Triprift

Thanks Received:
    You can do that or turn your filewall of worked with mates and 1 when we had trouble seein each others puters on the network.

5. kwchang007

kwchang007 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, oh and if its vista to another operating system, you need to turn off something...i forget.

6. francis511

francis511

Thanks Received:
    Try turning on "automatically search for network folder-.." under folder settings tho` a lot of people leave it off. Or right-click my network places and use " search for other computers" (enter other computer`s name). And finally make sure workgroup under "system" is set to the same value on both computers.