1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Trendnet 150-n

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by GoFigureItOut, Mar 4, 2013.

1. GoFigureItOut

Thanks Received:
    Are Trendnet routers any good? I so desperately need to replace my current Netgear POS hardly functional router. I'm not sure of the model name, but it cost like $25. Would I be making a mistake by going with a cheap ole Trendnet?
  2. GoFigureItOut

Thanks Received:
    Addendum: every couple of days, I have power cycle my router. Failure to do so causes slow download speeds (140kb) and spontaneous disconnection
  3. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I have a trendnet router here in my closet that does the same thing. Power cycle due to inactivity or heavy loads.

I have moved away from consumer grade routers and build a custom one. While not practical to some but the benefits are very good. I have not had to reset this router at all since setting up.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    i think they have an OK reputation. i too own a trendnet and if i turn the wireless radio on the whole router crashes after an hour.
  5. Beertintedgoggles

Beertintedgoggles

Thanks Received:
    I've had pretty good luck with flakey routers that keep disconnecting by opening them up and either using it without the plastic housing or sticking a small heatsink on the logic chips inside (technically the processor). A lot of the enclosures they use for routers these days pretty much turn the unit into an easy-bake-oven.