• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TRENDnet Launches New USB 3.0 Storage Enclosures

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces the availability of the 3.5" USB 3.0 External Enclosure, model TU3-S35, and 2.5" USB 3.0 External Enclosure, model TU3-S25. Save time by storing and transferring content at blazing fast 5Gbps USB 3.0 speeds-10 times faster than USB 2.0 enclosures.

TRENDnet's 3.5" USB 3.0 External Enclosure, model TU3-S35, supports one 3.5" SATA I or II hard disk drive with storage capacities in excess of one Terabyte (hard drive sold separately). Install a SATA I or II hard drive and connect the enclosure to a 5Gbps USB 3.0 port on your computer. The included USB 3.0 Type A connector is backward compatible with USB 2.0 ports. Large cooling vents and the aluminum housing cool the enclosed hard drive, and an included mounting stand saves desk space.

TRENDnet's 2.5" USB 3.0 External Enclosure, model TU3-S25, supports one 2.5" SATA I or II hard disk drive with storage capacities in excess of one Terabyte (hard drive sold separately). Install a SATA I or II hard drive and connect the enclosure to a 5Gbps USB 3.0 port on your computer. The aluminum housing cools the enclosed hard drive, and there is a convenient power button on the front of the enclosure.

Currently, most computers come with only USB 2.0 ports. Users can add 5Gbps USB 3.0 ports to their computer with TRENDnet's 2-Port USB 3.0 ExpressCard Adapter, model TU3-H2EC, or 2-Port USB 3.0 PCI Express Adapter, model TU3-H2PIE.

"USB 3.0 offers a huge increase in performance over existing USB 2.0 technology," stated Zak Wood, Director of Global Marketing for TRENDnet. "When testing computers with USB 3.0 ports, we recorded an average 200% increase in performance as compared to a USB 2.0 connection. This results in significant time savings when transferring large files."

TRENDnet's 3.5" USB 3.0 External Enclosure, model TU3-S35, will be available from online and retail partners shortly.

The MSRP for the TU3-S35 is U.S. $79.99.

TRENDnet's 2.5" USB 3.0 External Enclosure, model TU3-S25, will be available from online and retail partners shortly.

The MSRP for the TU3-S25 is U.S. $59.99.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site