1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Tribes: Ascend Beta

Discussion in 'Games' started by LiNKiN, Oct 11, 2011.

1. LiNKiN

LiNKiN Staff

Thanks Received:
  2. f22a4bandit

f22a4bandit

Thanks Received:
  3. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks Received:
    Absolutely. My bro introduced me to tribes way back and had a great time with it. I'll be checking this out for sure.

4. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    I have played all three tribes games. 3rd one was great, but just got overshadowed by Unreal Tournament 2004.

5. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    SO in on this one, thanks for posting this.

6. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    :slap:

shame on you. T:V was one of the worst abortions of a video game I've ever seen. It was the leftover from michael bay eating himself, starting with his toe jam, and finishing with the head cheese crammed in his ear wax. :slap:

On a lighter note, I've been running in the Beta since Thursday night, and enjoying it greatly. It's not T2, but it's solid enough to keep me occupied. I don't particularly like the P2P model they've gone with, but at least it is possible, with large quantities of time invested, to unlock all the classes eventually. It's got some things I'd like tweaked, and have suggested, but overall, I'm pleased with it.

5 Million points folded for TPU
  7. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    Bought the preorder the day it was available. Been playing a crap ton of the beta. Enjoying it a lot.

8. f22a4bandit

f22a4bandit

Thanks Received:
    Just received my closed beta invite for this game this morning! :toast:

9. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    Just got my closed beta invite. Couldn't connect to the servers though so I was only able to play against bots that wouldn't fight back. :ohwell:

10. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    I didn't even know there were bots. Got more details re. your connection probs?

11. twicksisted

twicksisted

Thanks Received:
    Im an old tribes 1 player... renegades mod was my favourite... used to play a lot on the SKB Renegades servers and BarrysWorld servers back in the day.

I have the Tribes Vengeance Beta and its great fun... they have ket the basic mechanics the same, but it is easier for a beginner to get going with complicated jumping, jetpack and ski'ing manouvres. Game is being tweaked constantly through the feedback from the beta users so its still work in progress, but great fun.

The original Tribes was my best FPS game ever! :)

12. hellrazor

hellrazor

Thanks Received:
    I've been playing for a while, I like it so far.

13. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, if you select training or whatever instead of quick match, there's an option for target practice, which is just a map with a bunch of bots running around on predefined paths and not doing anything else. Any time I tried to connect to a real match it would just hang and then eventually tell me it couldn't connect to the server. So I quit and opened the game back up but then I got server errors just trying to log in.

14. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    This was just enabled in the latest patch, called "Target Practice". They also turned up a new map for CTF (not really liking it much). Server were down kinda weird hours the last day or two, but should be back up.

theJesus says thanks.
  15. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    Cool, I'll give it another go sometime.

16. Maelstrom

Thanks Received:
    Just started playing the beta today. Holy crap this is such a fun game! Need to try out the other game types, but TDM is a load of fun.

17. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:

to return to this, I garnered enough playtime a couple of weeks ago to purchase my last class from tokens gained. I still haven't used my 30-day booster I got for paying upfront, kinda saving that for full release. Liking the new Kata map in Multiplayer, and enjoying the hit-numbers that show when I damage. I like being elsewhere in the base, and watching my numbers tick up off the screen from turrets elsewhere :)

18. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    What turrets? Can you still deploy stuff?

19. twicksisted

twicksisted

Thanks Received:
    yeah you can still deploy stuff :)
    Im really looking forward to when the game is released and hopefully someone brings out the Renegades mod... that was the best with the lazer, forcefield, sensor and missile turrets for defense :)

20. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Oh good I was thinking that I had read that that was one of the beloved and defining features left out but I guess that was remote control of large base turrets and cameras and such.

21. twicksisted

twicksisted

Thanks Received:
    yeah honestly i never used the command centres remote control myself (tried it a couple of times but the game does it better lol).
    Yeah its beta and theres only like 4 maps and its "bases" stlye original gameplay... i personally never played the vanilla "base" style game much originally with T1 so i have high hopes for this new version..

Its got the same gameplay mechanics of T1 with updated graphics and loads of potential for mods once it released... im enjoying it so far a lot!

22. Maelstrom

Thanks Received:
    I might just have to pre-order this game. I've only played it for a day, but I haven't had this much fun playing a video game in a while. Also whenever I play a game that isn't Tribes, it feels so terribly slow. I hate not being able to slide down hills and fly all over the place :laugh:.

twicksisted says thanks.
  23. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Beta opens to all tomorrow (not that it was particularly tough to get in the closed...).