• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power (Review)

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro

Introduction

Trine 3: Artifacts of Power is the third instalment in the Trine series, taking a rapid alternative approach to the physics-y puzzle/platformer genre. Unlike its predecessors, the game features movement on the Z-axis, and has made some key changes to each of the three main characters. From the offset, it's always strived to be one of the best looking platformers, and my god has it succeeded in doing so. Every screenshot is something of beauty and awe. It has however had to sacrifice longevity for the sake of 3D movement, and the differences don't stop there. Trine 3 is a whole new breed of the Trine IP, and it hasn't done it delicately; instead, it's come out all guns blazing, with each new mechanic and feature in full swing. The question many people are asking is whether this is still even a Trine game anymore, and whether the changes have been for better or for worse.

To read the full review, go to: http://www.nextpowerup.com/articles/trine-3-review/
To read the performance analysis, go to: http://www.nextpowerup.com/articles/trine-3-performance-analysis/

Video Review

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus
Memory GSkill 8GB Dual Channel DDR4-2800
Video Card(s) MSI GamingX RX580 4GB
Storage Kingston V300 240GB SSD + WD Green 2TB
Display(s) ACER K212HL 27" + Haier 55" + Lenovo Explorer Mixed Reality Headset
Case Enermax Ostrog (Red)
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA B2 750W
Software Win10 64bit
I've been playing this game with my kids. We play for about 20 mins until we get frustrated and need to take a break from it for a few days. It's total rubbish.