• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Trinity Provides Up To 29% Faster Productivity, 56% Faster Visuals Than Llano: AMD

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Real difference is not going to be more than 20% on the GPU and 10% on the CPU most probably atributable to higher clocks.

im not going to say they dont overstate ,but in the current climate AMD would be foolish to overstate what they can do, again, and they are being realistic imho as i stated

and anyway since when was 56% imrpovement in 1 year bad intel are calling their next wave a tock+ because of a similar massive improvement , get real

and as ever your on the harsh side of negative and bringing the gtx680 in here tryin to wind some fanbois up , whats with you ,and bye:eek:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Ya know instead of already passing judgement why dont we wait for it to be tested by users n wizzards crew here. I hate pessimists in this topic.

System Name MoneySink
Processor 2600K @ 4.8
Motherboard P8Z77-V
Cooling AC NexXxos XT45 360, RayStorm, D5T+XSPC tank, Tygon R-3603, Bitspower
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600C8
Video Card(s) GTX 780 SLI (EVGA SC ACX + Giga GHz Ed.)
Storage Kingston HyperX SSD (128) OS, WD RE4 (1TB), RE2 (1TB), Cav. Black (2 x 500GB), Red (4TB)
Display(s) Achieva Shimian QH270-IPSMS (2560x1440) S-IPS
Case NZXT Switch 810
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek yawn edition
Power Supply Seasonic X-1050
Software Win8.1 Pro
Benchmark Scores 3.5 litres of Pale Ale in 18 minutes.
Marketing Slide = best case scenario x ( 1 / marketshare expressed as decimal)

AMD slide deck "leaks" coincide with Intel product launch...what a novel approach. Nice to see the new management is bringing in the fresh ideas.

...and as ever your on the harsh side of negative and bringing the gtx680 in here tryin to wind some fanbois up , whats with you ,and bye:eek:

Might pay to check the previous posts. Check post #9 for who bought the GTX 680 into the discussion

Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
AMD slide deck "leaks" coincide with Intel product launch...what a novel approach. Nice to see the new management is bringing in the fresh ideas.

the old tricks never leave the hand of any Co, i was quite suprised by the lack of spoil from AMD whilst the 680 was released ,i expected some 7990 dual gpu news or something

do note, all companys do it

Processor e8200 3.93mhz@1.264v
Motherboard P5E3 Pro
Cooling Scythe Infinity
Memory 4gb of G.Skill Ripjaw 6-7-7-18@1404 and 1.62v
Video Card(s) HIS 5770 v2 940/1275mhz stock volts
Storage 1TB Hitachi
Display(s) Acer 22" Widescreen LCD
Case Blue Cooler Master Centurion
Audio Device(s) Onboard audio :(, and Klipsch 5.1 Pro Media's
Power Supply 650 Watt BFG
Software Vista 64 Ultimate
In all honesty the gpu performance increase is drastic enough to make the processor interesting. IF this is true. If it is true, and has good power consumption, I could see an x-fire system being based off of this with good results.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
In all honesty the gpu performance increase is drastic enough to make the processor interesting. IF this is true. If it is true, and has good power consumption, I could see an x-fire system being based off of this with good results.

bear in mind the CPU portion has to feed both the IGPU and the DGPU, so it needs to be robust for driving strength

HTC

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Motherboard Asrock Taichi X370
Cooling NH-C14, with the AM4 mounting kit
Memory G.Skill Kit 16GB DDR4 F4 - 3200 C16D - 16 GTZB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 OC 4 GB
Storage 1 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250 GB + 1 3.5" Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB 7200RPM 256MB SATA III
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Case Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX 850M 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite
Software Ubuntu 19.04 LTS
Yeah except the GTX680 uses a chip almost half the size. Compare it to the GTX560 Ti and in 2560x1600 is in fact twice as fast. And with a significantly smaller die.

A CPU is not the same, it does not scale like that, but it still holds true to the iGPU. 56% over Llano is far from impressive IMO. Especially when we are talking about a marketing slide. Real difference is not going to be more than 20% on the GPU and 10% on the CPU most probably atributable to higher clocks.

If true, i believe you're wrong because this isn't a dedicated card: it's an onboard GPU.

It's impressive because, unlike Intel's IGP offerings where a 56% increase is still crap, a 56% increase over Llano (which is already quite good for an IGP) is significant.

System Name NEW
Processor Intel 4770 non-K
Motherboard Gigabyte H81M-DS2V
Cooling CM Hyper 212 plus
Memory 16gb Muskin
Video Card(s) XFX 380X 4gb
Storage Sandisk 120gb plus WD blue 1tb
Display(s) AOC 23.5 LED bl
Case XIGMATEK
Audio Device(s) motherboard
Power Supply Cooler Master 500
first time around i missed the "all data based on projections" part, so this could be all crap.

I still choose not to read that part!!

Way to go AMD :rockout:

Benetanegia

im not going to say they dont overstate ,but in the current climate AMD would be foolish to overstate what they can do, again, and they are being realistic imho as i stated

and anyway since when was 56% imrpovement in 1 year bad intel are calling their next wave a tock+ because of a similar massive improvement , get real

and as ever your on the harsh side of negative and bringing the gtx680 in here tryin to wind some fanbois up , whats with you ,and bye:eek:

I didn't bring the GTX680 in here, so I don't know wtf are you saying.

And regarding op, realistic? Hahaha. I've heard the same thing how many times about upcoming AMD products? Yeah, that's what I thought. I guess Bulldozer is the best thing ever. I guess the HD7970 is 60% faster than GTX580. And HD7870 is 40% faster than GTX570. Except oh yeah, not at all. These are marketing claims and as in the previous examples, they are most probably going to be far from the truth. If they said 56% and it's anything like the 61% they said about HD7970, then it's 20% being very optimistic.

If true, i believe you're wrong because this isn't a dedicated card: it's an onboard GPU.

It's impressive because, unlike Intel's IGP offerings where a 56% increase is still crap, a 56% increase over Llano (which is already quite good for an IGP) is significant.

Significant maybe, more like "that's what you'd expect"... it's far from dissapointing, maybe even on the good side, bur far from impressive. Impressive is something far better than a marketing inflated 56% increase over something that is not fast at all to begin with. I don't care it's integrated, I don't care how crappy Intel's offering are, you can't really play any modern game on it with satisfactory settings and a 56% improvement is not going to change that, as new more demanding games will be released too and make it as useless. It's still an order of magnitude slower than a modern performance class GPU. It's useful for what it is, but far, really really far from impressive, and once the marketing lies are translated into real performance, it's probably not going to be even close to what they promised.

As in the last 5+ releases people are already salivating for something that is surely going to dissapoint, once again. They will not get me into it one more time. This time they will surprise me if/when they release something good, until then I expect nothing, less than nothing, and the odds are my expectations are going to be confirmed.

Last edited:
System Name My baby
Processor Athlon II X4 620 @ 3.5GHz, 1.45v, NB @ 2700Mhz, HT @ 2700Mhz - 24hr prime95 stable
Motherboard Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
Cooling Sonic Tower Rev 2 with 120mm Akasa attached, Akasa @ Front, Xilence Red Wing 120mm @ Rear
Memory 8 GB G.Skills 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) ATI ASUS Crossfire 5850
Storage Crucial MX100 SATA 2.5 SSD
Display(s) Lenovo ThinkVision 27" (LEN P27h-10)
Case Antec VSK 2000 Black Tower Case
Audio Device(s) Onkyo TX-SR309 Receiver, 2x Kef Cresta 1, 1x Kef Center 20c
Power Supply OCZ StealthXstream II 600w, 4x12v/18A, 80% efficiency.
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
can't really play any modern game on it with satisfactory settings and a 56% improvement is not going to change that, as new more demanding games will be released too and make it as useless. It's useful for what it is, but far, really really far from impressive, and once the marketing lies are translated into real performance, it's probably not going to be even close to what they promised.

Why would anyone expect "demanding games" to be a priority on an APU. Any gamer, expecting mind blowing performance would be looking at AMD's enthusiast CPU range.

Last edited:
System Name ---
Processor FX 8350 @ 4.00 Ghz with 1.28v
Motherboard Gigabyte 990FX-UD3 v4.0, Hacked Bios F4.x
Cooling Silenx 4 pipe Tower cooler + 2 x Cougar 120mm fan, 3 x 120mm, 1 x 200 mm Red LED fan
Memory Kingston HyperX DDR3 1866 16GB + Patriot Memory DDR3 1866 16GB
Video Card(s) Asus R9 290 OC @ GPU - 1050, MEM - 1300
Storage Inland 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD for OS, WDC Black - 2TB + 1TB Storage, Inland 480GB SSD - Games
Display(s) 3 x 1080P LCDs - Acer 25" + Acer 23" + HP 23"
Case AeroCool XPredator X3
Audio Device(s) Built-in Realtek
Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Modular
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
If it would perform well on BF3 at 720P then I would be all over this for a new laptop.

And add to that it runs on battery at full speed for 12 hrs! (yeah greedy!)

Benetanegia

Why would anyone expect "demanding games" to a priority on an APU. Any gamer, expecting mind blowing performance would be looking at AMD's enthusiast CPU range.

Yes, exactly, that's why it's not impressive. Any gamer will look for a dedicated card, so why include such a GPU? It's far from good for gaming and overkill for anything else. It's a waste. On the CPU side they are goig to be murdered by Intel and a better GPU is not going to help them much IMO. I know a lot of people bought Llano and are very dissapointed because they expected it to be playable with their games, because that's the way they marketed.

So unless they at least double GPU performance, it's completely useless for gaming and a waste of silicon for anything else snd like I said a 56% - which is NOT going to be 56% in reality, try 20% - is far from impressive.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
So. do you say the same thing about Intels iGPUs?

Because heres the deal there is a market for the use of the arch on these APUs, and last I recall performance increase is what matters

Yes, exactly, that's why it's not impressive. Any gamer will look for a dedicated card, so why include such a GPU? It's far from good for gaming and overkill for anything else. It's a waste. On the CPU side they are goig to be murdered by Intel and a better GPU is not going to help them much IMO. I know a lot of people bought Llano and are very dissapointed because they expected it to be playable with their games, because that's the way they marketed.

So unless they at least double GPU performance, it's completely useless for gaming and a waste of silicon for anything else snd like I said a 56% - which is NOT going to be 56% in reality, try 20% - is far from impressive.

Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro

like i said, you then ranted on about nvidia verses AMD ,disclosed your allready known opinion that these facts are wrong, which i beg to differ

but disclosed no new info other then your expanding lament of AMD ,and i dont see you in intel or nvidia threads mouthin off about their 56%increase (alleged each time).
and as for the 680 v 7970, despite the longwinded retort youll now concoct KNOW this, the gtx680 is not faster then a 7970 at everything and some PAY for compute power why do you believe there to be NO 5850 5870 to be bought new ,anywhere yet i can buy a 460 and some clearly see percentages different to others you more different then most

Benetanegia

So. do you say the same thing about Intels iGPUs?

Because heres the deal there is a market for the use of the arch on these APUs, and last I recall performance increase is what matters

The same? No. Intel is not concentrating on GPUs and is not trying to sell their CPUs based on the fact that they can do something that the competition can't. Intel iGPUs are more than sufficient for anything other than gaming. AMD's iGPU is much better but still far from good for gaming, so that "advantage" they so keenly advertise is not a real advantage. Even a HD5750 is 5x times faster than Llano GPU and I don't think anyone would even buy that card in late 2012 with any hope of playing anything, really. So divide that by 5 or by 3 incase Trinity really is as "fast" as they claim and you'll still go nowhere.

So again, APUs are for what they are, never said they were useless, and improvements are nicely welcomed, also expected tho so keep that in mind, but these improvements are not impressive by any definition of the word. Plain and simple, that is all.

like i said, you then ranted on about nvidia verses AMD ,disclosed your allready known opinion that these facts are wrong, which i beg to differ

but disclosed no new info other then your expanding lament of AMD ,and i dont see you in intel or nvidia threads mouthin off about their 56%increase (alleged each time).
and as for the 680 v 7970, despite the longwinded retort youll now concoct KNOW this, the gtx680 is not faster then a 7970 at everything and some PAY for compute power why do you believe there to be NO 5850 5870 to be bought new ,anywhere yet i can buy a 460 and some clearly see percentages different to others you more different then most

Really, stop before you look any more stupid. I didn't bring GTX680 in here, and I certainly didn't mention it in regards to HD7970. I only mentioned the GTX680 because someone said that a doubling in performance should not be expected from new processes and said "look at 580 and 680". Period. So stfu. (I'm talking like this because I think it's the only language you might understand by the way you always write)

Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
The same? No. Intel is not concentrating on GPUs and is not trying to sell their CPUs based on the fact that they can do something that the competition can't. Intel iGPUs are more than sufficient for anything other than gaming. AMD's iGPU is much better but still far from good for gaming, so that "advantage" they so keenly advertise is not a real advantage. Even a HD5750 is 5x times faster than Llano GPU and I don't think anyone would even buy that card in late 2012 with any hope of playing anything, really. So divide that by 5 or by 3 incase Trinity really is as "fast" as they claim and you'll still go nowhere.

So again, APUs are for what they are, never said they were useless, and improvements are nicely welcomed, also expected tho so keep that in mind, but these improvements are not impressive by any definition of the word. Plain and simple, that is all.

nicely welcome now eh you began unimpressed

your stupidity regarding APUs and cpu gpu future relations;);) and thinking them largely unimportant marks you out as a future blind fool ,ive a mind to save that comment to bite your ass with in 5 years

All(possibly)/lots deff software is going to be able to use gpu features( advanced math co pro anyone) and AMD will have the most powerfull and technically advanced gpu (HSA) intertied into its cpu ,eventually working effortlessly on the same and multiple tasks , wake up beni nvidia and intel have ,my 5870 has 1.6 Tflops of processing power and thats shit and old so have a word with yourself APU's have enormous processing potential eclipsing cpu only solutions

oh and im not bothered if your swareing at me , its all good ,its only words and debate etc your the one with the AMD axe to grind not me

Benetanegia

nicely welcome now eh you began unimpressed

your stupidity regarding APUs and cpu gpu future relations;);) and thinking them largely unimportant marks you out as a future blind fool ,ive a mind to save that comment to bite your ass with in 5 years

All(possibly)/lots deff software is going to be able to use gpu features( advanced math co pro anyone) and AMD will have the most powerfull and technically advanced gpu (HSA) intertied into its cpu ,eventually working effortlessly on the same and multiple tasks , wake up beni nvidia and intel have ,my 5870 has 1.6 Tflops of processing power and thats shit and old so have a word with yourself APU's have enormous processing potential eclipsing cpu only solutions

Wow you are a real fanboy aren't you? :laugh:

Why the fuck are you discussing anything Nvidia if no one brought them here?

Maybe you should grow a little reading comprehension. When I mentioned the Nvidia GPUs it was for the sole intention of talking about previous AMD slides, and their blatant innacuracy (61% over GTX580, etc), which is on-topic. Nvidia is not. So maybe check your fanboyism. Saying something not-great about AMD does not mean someone is Nvidia and/or Intel fanboy.

EDIT: Spotting AMD fanboys is easy tho. They usually have 2x high-end AMD cards which together costed around $600, but then use a Phenom II because AMd CPUs are cheaper than Intel's. Oh but remember to pay $300 for the motherboard! ;)

Last edited:
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Maybe you should grow a little reading comprehension. When I mentioned the Nvidia GPUs it was for the sole intention of talking about previous AMD slides, and their blatant innacuracy (61% over GTX580, etc), which is on-topic. Nvidia is not. So maybe check your fanboyism. Saying something not-great about AMD does not mean someone is Nvidia and/or Intel fanboy

fuck one thread idiot/troll, ive seen you in loads of AMD based threads trashing amd but never in an intel or nvidia one and they spread just as much bs as you and amd ,,,i believe none of you i listen to the wizz simples

im not assed what your opinion is and i dont mind reading in a thread ONCE , but you then go on to argue and rile against anyone who shows any positivity to AMD for pages , you just like arguin init

and your a dick, i went amd because A 5870 beat 480 when i got 1st big payday from my new job 2 years ago(value) i added a 5850 for 85 quid off a furom member so thats 390 quid for decent performance for the last two years and another one at least(value)

and the mobo came due to my q6600(intel) blowing up,i went 990FX because i had set money and wanted a DECENT cpu upgrade path and 4x pciex slots (xfire + ssd + hybrid physx(look nvidia))

i favour the best valu company at that time and last time intel was Not the one simples git i is mad now tut

Last edited:
System Name The Stone that the Builders Refused / iJayo
Processor R5 1600/ R7 3700X
Motherboard Asrock AB350 Pro4 / Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Cooling Cryorig M9 / Noctua NH-D14
Memory G skill 16 Gigs ddr4 / 16 gigs PNY ddr4
Video Card(s) Nvdia GTX 660 / Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Storage 120gig 840 evo, 120gig adata sp900 / 1tb Mushkin M.2 ssd 1 & 3 tb seagate hdd, 120 gig Hyper X ssd
Display(s) 42" Nec retail display monitor/ 34" Dell curved 165hz monitor
Case Pink Enermax Ostrog / Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass edition
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing Expressionist Bass/ M-Audio monitors
Power Supply Corsair450 / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 650
Mouse corsair vengence M65 / Zalman Knossos
Keyboard corsair k95 / Roccat Vulcan 121
Software Window 10 pro / Windows 10 pro
Benchmark Scores meh... feel me on the battle field!
Mind blowing

Why would anyone expect "demanding games" to a priority on an APU. Any gamer, expecting mind blowing performance would be looking at AMD's enthusiast CPU range.

Enthusiast cpu range....

:roll::banghead::roll:

Benetanegia

fuck one thread idiot/troll, ive seen you in loads of AMD based threads trashing amd but never in an intel or nvidia one and they spread just as much bs as you and amd ,,,i believe none of you i listen to the wizz simples

im not assed what your opinion is and i dont mind reading in a thread ONCE , but you then go on to argue and rile against anyone who shows any positivity to AMD for pages , you just like arguin init

Yeah show me a thread were Nvidia or Intel claimed something anything close to what AMD did with Faildozer, the 60% over GTX580, the 41% over GTX570 and we can start talking about why I "bitch" about AMD's slides and not about Nvidia/Intel ones. In preparation I'll make a resume for you: they have not even closely lied as much as AMD.

Really, stop before you look any more stupid. I didn't bring GTX680 in here, and I certainly didn't mention it in regards to HD7970. I only mentioned the GTX680 because someone said that a doubling in performance should not be expected from new processes and said "look at 580 and 680". Period. So stfu. (I'm talking like this because I think it's the only language you might understand by the way you always write)

Umm... okay well first of all may i say that the 5750 is closer to 2/3 faster than llano, not 500% faster. Maybe the 7970 but definitely not a 5750.
second, there's nothing llano can't do that an intel cpu can, however there isn't any game out there to my knowledge that llano can't playably run at at least low settings. Which means a casual gamer(see: curious normal person or normal person's kid.) Is able to pick up a game and enjoy it, rather than complain about the wasted money because their intel cpu can't play it. So long as OEMs carry the APU, it is probably one of the better home use computers.
As to A-series quads vs Pentium dual. While faster for gaming, i would think that a quad-core would be more suitable for multi tasking anyhow.
Finally, take the press release with salt, but hope it's true for the sake of that way AMD releases a product which can at least compete well in the market vs ivy bridge. For the sake of prices and AMD's survival.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
This has nothing to do with discreet GPU's. Don't bother continuing on the subject. Please.

Benetanegia

Umm... okay well first of all may i say that the 5750 is closer to 2/3 faster than llano, not 500% faster. Maybe the 7970 but definitely not a 5750

Maybe I exagerated a bit but I don't think it's too far from that and the HD7970 is definitely much much more than 5x faster. From the reviews I remember Llano was between an HD6450 and HD6550, depending if DDR3 1333 Mhz or 2000+ Mhz was used. Since using fast RAM defeats the purpose of a cheap system the former is closer to what you'll find. SO in the chart I posted above, HD6450 10%, HD5750 35% (3.5X faster) and HD7970 130% (so 13x faster). In Q3-Q4 anyone wanting to game even slightly, will go with at least something like HD7770 which is a lot faster and along with a cheap i3 (or a cheap non APU AMD CPU if they still offer that) would not cost much more than a Llano based PC, considering the immense performance difference $50 more on a PC that costs $500 or so it's not too much.

Is able to pick up a game and enjoy it, rather than complain about the wasted money because their intel cpu can't play it. So long as OEMs carry the APU, it is probably one of the better home use computers.
As to A-series quads vs Pentium dual. While faster for gaming, i would think that a quad-core would be more suitable for multi tasking anyhow.

I don't agree. IMO what people really need to understand is that iGPU is not suitable for gaming. What you describe is a minor patch to this problem that can help in very limited situations, not a cure. In the end they will try a different game and see it's not playable or that it's ugly (far worse than consoles) and that will only contribute to the typical meme that a several thousands $ PC is required for PC gaming. APUs and the way they market them only contributes to making it worse and worse. Unless they trully provide a iGPU that at least matches mid-range GPUs of 3 years ago, I'm not impressed at all and I think it's a really really bad thing for us PC gamers. With Intel at least everybody knows they are crappy and gaming is not suitable at all, at least the people I know.

EDIT: And really, the last thing we need are crappy console ports that have been ported to be suitable for APUs.

Last edited:

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
ladies, ladies. put your handbags down, and put on some fresh make up or something. at least look pretty while you tear each others faces off.

Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
What are you on about every intel laptops sold as games capable. Read a review then buy or your a tard simples and since when was any gpu unimportant to games

so my final op . Looks good:)