• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Trouble with Flash Drive

D

Duxx

So I noticed my computer would give me random pop ups now and then telling me to run anti-spyware. I ran virus checks, malwarebytes and it got rid of like 5 "threats" rebooted computer and now cannot get my flash drive to do anything. It work fine in any other computer and any other USB device works as well (mouse printer etc) It's just the combination of my flash drive and USB... don't know what the hell is up so anybody have any suggestions? It is recognized, lights up and I can see the U3:System (F: ) in my computer but not the removable disk...

Duxx

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Main
Processor e7200 Wolfdale 2.5Ghz OC @ 3.0
Motherboard BioStar TP43D2-A7 ATX Board
Cooling ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm
Memory 4G's G.Skill PC 6400 800 Mhz
Video Card(s) ATI Sapphire HD 4870 10.6 drivers
Storage WD 80GB/WD 160GB SATA 3.0 Drive / WD 1TB
Case COOLER MASTER Centurion
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Japanese Brand 550w
Software Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 10712- Old score 3DMark06 10955- New Comp
Try to uninstall the USB drives from your computer, restart it, and then try your drive again after the USB reinstalls itself.

System Name Le Don
Processor Core i 5 2500K Unlocked 3.3GHz HD Graphics 3000
Motherboard Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Revision Rev 3.1
Cooling Arctic Freezer Pro 7 Rev.2
Memory 8Gb Corsair DDR3 (CMZ8GX3M2B1600C9), 1600MHz, 1.5V, 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) EVGA Signature 2 Super Clocked GTX680 2GB
Storage Total 6 TB storage
Display(s) LG 23" D2342P and LG 42" 42LF65 LCD (Wall mounted)
Case Antec P180 Silver
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro
Power Supply Corsair 850HX
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit,
when you try to access your USB drives, does it come up with a weird message like "the maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded"? i did some searching on that sentence and i'm infested with something that can't be removed. it's possible you're suffering the same?

D

Duxx

when you try to access your USB drives, does it come up with a weird message like "the maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded"? i did some searching on that sentence and i'm infested with something that can't be removed. it's possible you're suffering the same?

Nothing comes up what so ever...

I uninstalled the drivers (i think) and then plugged back in, same issue.. :/