1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Trouble with Flash Drive

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Duxx, May 15, 2009.

1. Duxx Guest

So I noticed my computer would give me random pop ups now and then telling me to run anti-spyware. I ran virus checks, malwarebytes and it got rid of like 5 "threats" rebooted computer and now cannot get my flash drive to do anything. It work fine in any other computer and any other USB device works as well (mouse printer etc) It's just the combination of my flash drive and USB... don't know what the hell is up so anybody have any suggestions? It is recognized, lights up and I can see the U3:System (F: ) in my computer but not the removable disk...

Duxx

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2009
  2. kuroikenshi

kuroikenshi

Thanks Received:
    Try to uninstall the USB drives from your computer, restart it, and then try your drive again after the USB reinstalls itself.

3. Chryonn

Chryonn

Thanks Received:
    when you try to access your USB drives, does it come up with a weird message like "the maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded"? i did some searching on that sentence and i'm infested with something that can't be removed. it's possible you're suffering the same?

4. Duxx Guest

Nothing comes up what so ever...

I uninstalled the drivers (i think) and then plugged back in, same issue.. :/