1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Trouble with HDMI audio output to dual monitors

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Canzara, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Canzara

Thanks Received:
    I'm trying to get audio output via my 6950's built HDMI audio go output to my tv.
    My issue is both my monitor and my tv have speakers. My main monitor is hooked up via displayport and the tv via HDMI.
    I had thought the "HDMI Audio" would go out via the HDMI cable, however thats not how it seems to work, it outputs to the displayport and therefore my main monitor.
    Is there some way I can change the setting so it will output to the HDMI cable instead, or to prioritize audio to the tv?

It wouldn't even bother me if it came out both my monitor and tv speakers, but I need it on the tv.
    I use either Splayer, or Zoomplayer both will allow me to select which audio device to use, and it works fine to send to my monitor, but nothing on the tv side.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    in control panel, in sound - make sure "AMD HDMI Output" is selected. otherwise yeah, idk.

Canzara says thanks.
  3. Canzara

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the suggestion. Have tried all different settings there so far no joy..
    Its probably something simple on my end that I'm missing. I would just like to dump the wire from my soundcard to the tv and use the HDMI alone.

4. m1dg3t

m1dg3t

Thanks Received:
    Make sure everything is set to stereo 2ch output in control panel as your TV most likely can not decode multi ch audio, if i had my main rig i could offer more help as it has an ATi card and HDMI is used for the audio but i forget what is what and am on my back up rig :(