1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Trouble with steam

Discussion in 'Games' started by LittleLizard, Jan 3, 2011.

1. LittleLizard

LittleLizard New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok, im very new to this Steam thingy and, even though it's completely awesome there are a couple of things i want to know if they're possible

A) Everytime i start a game, the other games im downloading stop. Here the DSL connection is as slow as hell, and i need to get out the most of it, so is there anyway to PLAY & DOWNLOAD AT THE SAME TIME?

B) Two games that i've downloaded so far (HL2 & Overlord) are with Spanish voices without subtitles. And i can't set them to english with spanish subtitles (In HL2 there is an option but i don't have the english sound nor there is an option to download it).

C) Why in the mother of god Garry's mod crashes so often?!?!

2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    A. Nope.

B. It depends on the game

C. Gary's mod always crashes. I'm pretty sure by now it's supposed to do that for some stupid reason. :ohwell:

LittleLizard says thanks.
  3. LittleLizard

LittleLizard New Member

Thanks Received:
    A) C'MON

B) In HL2 supposely you can set it. I just need to figure out how.

C) Probably. I think here is a bloody script that says "If player does "INSERT ACTION HERE", then HL2.exe crash to desktop = 1"

4. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    a) Yes, once in game, alt-tab or minimize the game back to Steam are resume the download manually.

b) For HL2, there is an option to change the spoke audio to English (requires restart). As for subtitles, you must "You need to set Subtitles (dialog only) under captions dropdown at Audio tab in options in order to use localized subtitles." Not sure about Overlord (I don't own the game)

c) What are you doing specifically that causes the crash?