1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Troubleshooting and you.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by TheMailMan78, Dec 30, 2010.

1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Why in hell is it always easy to fix other peoples rigs and problems but when it comes to your own its impossible?

I mean I notice people on this forum can fix an issue within minutes. However they rarely ever seem to fix their own rigs. :laugh:

I sometimes feel like we are NASCAR mechanics that broke down trucks in the garage.

2. Nailezs

Thanks Received:
    unfortunetly, i know what you mean.
    maybe its something to do with the third person perspective. you know, its always easier to come up with a solution when you're looking from the outside in

3. avatar_raq

Thanks Received:
    it's obvious! We can't look subjectively into our issues. Not with so much money at stake, not with the longing to use the new hardware, 'the itch'! :)

4. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    They all want something back from the community :roll:

5. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    My opinion is that, most of the problems users have and ask for help have already been dealt with by somebody, hence that problem is quickly taken care of. With us, given our experience, these problems are ants in a picnic. However, when we do have problems and we can't solve them by ourselves it usually means something like sh!t hitting the fan, being the sh!t load about a ton and the fan 2 meters wide, spinning at 6000rpm. It's just not easy nor simple. I deal with issues now that half a decade ago I'd spend week trying to figure out, now they're easy(er). There are still some that annoy me (to death) because I just can't solve them.
    Also, Nailezs is right. Sometimes, outside view of the problem is the best way to deal with it.

6. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    I don't know about you, but I seem to have some luck lately fixing my own rigs.

First boot not stable - replace memory. CHECK.

Futuremark sysinfo crashes - take MemtestCD out of drive. CHECK.

:D

7. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah? Hows those XFX cards working for ya? :laugh:

8. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    i guess like this: if you are too close to something you cant see the other but if you take a space little bit you gonna see something than standing infront of you
    when we try troubleshoot someone rig's problems we can see a little futher and open about all that could be happened (i guess it makes us go objective)
    but on our own rig you are gonna look too close and mess up with all that you see on your rig (on this sometimes we go subjective) then it makes you keep on saying perhaps this err from this, not from that, i believe its from this, what about from that, the electricity, the cable, maybe coz i move it little, why i move it and so..
    Its like when someone broken heart and ask you to give her any advice, and you can do it well. But try to give advice to yourself when you broken heart it most aint work, right?
    Yeah, i think thats why we need the other like we always hear 'human is social creature' are we creature? I dunno maybe you need to ask yourself :toast:

9. streetfighter 2

streetfighter 2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think you're all nucking-futs.

I may neglect to fix something on my own rig for longer than I would on a client computer, but I'm just as adept at fixing it.

I question myself on TPU. I rarely, if ever, ask a question that google can answer. I've noticed a lot of TPUers are unaware of search engines...

10. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    :roll: maybe they are too close to TPU so they hard to 'leave him for a while' just go to google for 15 minutes, google is nice but sometimes all that offer on this we cant find on google

11. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I have no idea what you mean.

12. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    on short sentence i guess he said 'why it looks easier to solve other problem than our problem'

13. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The way I look at it is a problem is a problem. It doesn't matter if it's me, you or the President.

14. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Perfectly. Only one card, one monitor. Fortunately.

Flash issues? Related to the ram issue. ;)