1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Trying to cancel a Hardware Order, Is this normal?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Huddo93, May 2, 2012.

1. Huddo93

Huddo93 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys,

I've ordered a GTX680 from what seems a very unreliable company, digitalhardware.com.au. So its been more than 1 month for this order to come through and I just cant be bothered waiting any more.

So I sent them a email to start the cancellation/refund process.

And I get a reply email asking me for my credit card details in the form of: credit card number, my name and the expiry date. So they can continue with the process.

Now, I'm wondering if anyone else who has had to do cancellation/refunds have done it in this manner? but to me it seems rather unsafe and I'm not very sure if this is a good way to be giving out my card details.

Can anyone shed some light/wisdom on this problem?

Thanks guys.

2. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

have a look here - http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1605731 at a post dated posted 2011-Oct-25, 10am AEST by My_PC; is this the company in question? if Yes and you have placed your order by credit card; contact your credit card company and ask them what their procedure is to cancel your payment.

read full review by Steve Schaeffer - http://www.facebook.com/digitalhardware?sk=wall&filter=2

nb: I searched for digitalhardware.com.au. and came up with nothing other than the link above, I find this a little odd

Edit: finally found them; had to add a / after the .au

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    refuse, and dispute it via your bank.

4. Huddo93

Huddo93 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Okay, ill make some time to head into my local ANZ branch. What sort of process does this involve?

5. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    paperwork and patience

Huddo93 says thanks.
  6. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    As with most banks, just go in there (be ready to provide proper documentation, like a copy of your invoice) and explain the situation. They'll guide you through the process. If your bank is even half competent, they'll be able to get your money back.

7. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    This can only be done it the purchase was done with credit card, correct?

What if a purchase is done by bank transfer: whould a dispute still be possible?

Just wondering because i had a problem with a purchase a while back.

8. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    I know that disputes and charge-backs are possible with debit cards (most banks don't tell you about their protection policy), so I can't see how bank transfers would differ. As always, I could be wrong. :)

9. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    They are? DAMN: didn't know this :(

Bought something online and was waiting patiently but, after 12 days, i e-mail them as asked when was i going to receive the item and they said my order hadn't been processed, so i canceled it. I had already payed and tried to get my money back but couldn't. Tried going to the police but they ignored my case ... :banghead:

10. Huddo93

Huddo93 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well I wont mind the wait, so I'll hope for the best :)

11. Cotton_Cup

Cotton_Cup

Thanks Received:
    @HTC, lol I remember having this similar case but it was on a trading card game back then. bought money online, paid them then I kept asking when will I receive the item 1 month and 1 week later, still nothing then I kept emailing them and they said they already sent it, but 3 weeks later still nothing, then emailed again and again until I get a reply asking for the info then I gave the info and said they haven't received any order and LOL was mad and there goes 600bucks.

IMO it's better to order online on known sites like newegg, tigerdirect so far I know, amazon (hardly order here as it's complicated and need johnny air to transport them here) on ebay = some what safe depending on who you buy

so overall HTC make sure you get your money back.

12. HTC

HTC

Thanks Received:
    Never did :(

This happened several years ago :(