1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Trying to find decent gaming headset for under 200can

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Home Theater' started by johnspack, Dec 20, 2012.

1. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
  2. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    Never mind, found out they can be uncomfortable if worn for long periods.. I usually don't wear them for more than an hour. They do deliver the 14hz to 22khz sound they promise. Ordered.

3. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    Just got my new Senns... obviously they are not audiophile quality, but they do make my Razer Carcharias sound like dollar store headphones. Far more depth, much more pronounced bass and sub-bass without distortion. Music listening is now acceptable! Now I have to go try the mic out as that's important to me too.

4. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    Reports from others about the mic is I sound much better, and clearer now. These PC330s pass the budget gamers test!!

5. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    Just tried the best test of bass and sub-bass ever, Steve Miller's Rock 'n Me. If you can hear all bass clearly, and pronounced, you have decent headphones. And with all highs crisp, and zero distortion. Dam, can't wait to move up to the 360s.....

6. Jack1n

Thanks Received:
    Are you using those with onboard audio? i have the carcharias and im using them with an xfi-titanium,i tried using them with onboard once and it was horrible,i was looking to step up to 360's myself but they are quite pricey.

7. johnspack

johnspack

Thanks Received:
    Currently using my onboard x-fi. I do have a titanium card as well, but I lent it out as I don't have a slot for it currently. Would be a good comparison, guess I'll have to get it back and lose my physx card. I probably would recommend you save for the 360, these things get uncomfortable fast, and you'd have even better sound quality as well as comfort. These 330s were basically a stop-gap for me, as I was simply getting tired of "canned" sound, where you have to artificially boost the bass just to hear it, which is what the razers sound like to me. I was looking at at $700 set of Senns the other day, drool........