1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Trying To Pinpoint This Minidump BSOD - Help?!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by jed, Nov 27, 2012.

1. jed

jed

Thanks Received:
    Hey all... been getting some BSOD minidimp memory dumps lately while playing Madden 08 (lol) and Battlefield 3. I DL'd Windows Debugger and when I plug the minidump file in under the open dump file this is what I get... I have no idea what any of it means and it seems like it's missing something anyways with all the repetitive paragraphs at the end and stuff about symbols missing, etc. What should I do to figure out why I'm crashing? Thanks in advance!

2. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Drop everything back to stock clocks and voltages and start there.

jed says thanks.
  3. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    when you do blue screen what is the code at the bottom. It will look like this 0x00000F4 (the F4 can be different combination of characters though) but itll still hold the same "0x00000"

Law-II and jed say thanks.
  4. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    jed says thanks.
  5. jed

jed

Thanks Received:
    Kreij - I'll see if I can figure out how to reset clocks/volts... Been a long time.

Mx - Thanks I will look next time I check.

Law - Does that error show up somewhere in what I posted? I see the bugcheck 124 about halfway through.

If this info helps anyone this is what popped up after reboot.

6. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Unfortunatly not

Hi

The mini dump references the following:
    The WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000124 is a general value and is not localised - this pointer has many outcomes which are listed in the link provided in my previous post; use the search function on that link to look through the database.

BugCheck+124,+{0,+8a05a028,+b4002000,+63000135} is a hardware error
    pshed.dll this is part of the windows WDM program [as pshed.dll is software you should rule this out]

however if you have not already done so-

Follow these instructions before proceeding
    1.Download and install updates and device drivers for your computer from Windows Update.
    2.Scan your computer for computer viruses.
    3.Check your hard disk for errors.

as mentioned by Kreij ; this may be due to an unstable oc on your cpu, this can occur over time as the cpu degrades faster when not within manufatures recommended values [if this dose not resolve the issue]

start with the basics

remove all unessential hardware;
    boot with the absolut minimum; mobo - mem [single stick- test these individually] - vga
    [as a percaution -swap out the hdd cables] before loading the OS from the hdd

Edit: you could also try - BlueScreenView v1.46 - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/#system_utils - this may give a better view of what is going on in the mini dump

Hope this helps

atb

Law-II

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    jed says thanks.
  7. jed

jed

Thanks Received:
    Hey Law, thanks for the post. I finally got the BSOD again after playing BF3 for like 30 seconds. It showed the same error of 124 as well as in parenthesis next to it: 0xE2D3D3DQ, 0xB64EC000, 0xB0000135 if that tells you anything. I have installed the latest Win updates and ran AV and Malware checks for the full system. My GPU and RAM are not OC'd anymore, and my CPU has been running at a stable mid-range OC for about 1-1.5 years now IIRC... I have a feeling it's not due to a CPU overheat because it's crashed in Madden 2008 which is 5 years old and takes almost no system power to run at full settings. Do you reccommend just running CHKDSK to check for HD errors? Thanks!

Law-II says thanks.
  8. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    BSOD 124 means Vcore if OCed

BSOD codes for overclocking
    BSOD Codes for i7 x58 chipset
    0x101 = increase vcore
    0x124 = increase/decrease QPI/VTT first, if not increase/decrease vcore...have to test to see which one it is
    0x0A = unstable RAM/IMC, increase QPI first, if that doesn't work increase vcore
    0x1A = Memory management error. It usually means a bad stick of Ram. Test with Memtest or whatever you prefer. Try raising your Ram voltage
    0x1E = increase vcore
    0x3B = increase vcore
    0x3D = increase vcore
    0xD1 = QPI/VTT, increase/decrease as necessary, can also be unstable Ram, raise Ram voltage
    0x9C = QPI/VTT most likely, but increasing vcore has helped in some instances
    0x50 = RAM timings/Frequency or uncore multi unstable, increase RAM voltage or adjust QPI/VTT, or lower uncore if you're higher than 2x
    0x109 = Not enough or too Much memory voltage
    0x116 = Low IOH (NB) voltage, GPU issue (most common when running multi-GPU/overclocking GPU)
    0x7E = Corrupted OS file, possibly from overclocking. Run sfc /scannow and chkdsk /r
    BSOD Codes for SandyBridge
    0x124 = add/remove vcore or QPI/VTT voltage (usually Vcore, once it was QPI/VTT)
    0x101 = add more vcore
    0x50 = RAM timings/Frequency add DDR3 voltage or add QPI/VTT
    0x1E = add more vcore
    0x3B = add more vcore
    0xD1 = add QPI/VTT voltage
    “0x9C = QPI/VTT most likely, but increasing vcore has helped in some instances”
    0X109 = add DDR3 voltage
    0x0A = add QPI/VTT voltage

Law-II says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. jed

jed

Thanks Received:
    Wow, didn't see that coming. So I need to decrease VCore? Probably back to default.

10. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    If you are OCing your CPU, either add more Vcore or reset everything back to stock and do not OC.

Crunching for Team TPU
  11. jed

jed

Thanks Received:
    It is OC'd to 3.5 GHz from 2.8 stock, no aftermarket cooling. The VCore from CPU-Z says it's at 1.296. So I need to increase it? I'll try it out.

12. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    1.3V is the stock load volts so it may need about 1.35V for 3.5Ghz I know my 1055T needed 1.375V for 3.6Ghz

jed says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  13. jed

jed

Thanks Received:
    Thanks - I went into BIOS and changed from manual to auto-optimized. It was flashing red saying it was unstable and it changed to green flashing stable after I hit auto. It's now at 1.456... Seems like a lot?

14. jasper1605

Thanks Received:
    Seems like a lot to me. Typically, the auto-OC on things is about as useful as "An air conditioner on the ice planet Hoth" (to quote Big Bang Theory). I'd toy around with it manually like brandon suggested. Start at 1.35v and work your way up but I don't think you should have to go over 1.4v for that speed.

jed says thanks.
  15. jed

jed

Thanks Received:
    Yeah it's idling at 50 C right now which is pretty hot, yeah? And I can hear the fan pumping more than it was 10 mins ago. Will try to decrease.

16. jed

jed

Thanks Received:
    Volts are now set to 1.35 and it's idling around 44 C instead of 50 C.

17. jasper1605

Thanks Received:
    That should be a lot better for you in the long run. IIRC, you don't really want to break 65 on AMD cpu's so that 6 degrees will help out quite a bit. Have you run Intel Burn Test on it to test for stability?

18. jagd

Thanks Received:
  19. jed

jed

Thanks Received:
    I will DL Intel Burn Test and give it a run. Will it work as well for a 6 core AMD? Looks like it's for Intel 2 cores.

20. jed

jed

Thanks Received:
    After two standard (1024) passes it hit 71 C and I had to stop cause I was freaking out. That's hot as balls.

21. jasper1605

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, stock coolers aren't much for handling OC's. Thankfully Intel burn is a bit unrealistic, but it would be wise to keep a close eye on your CPU temp while doing any cpu intensive things for a bit just to make sure it doesn't climb too high.

jed says thanks.
  22. jed

jed

Thanks Received:
    Appreciate the help mate hopefully she stays cool and I have a water cooler incoming in the next several weeks to keep er chilled.