1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Tt eSports Opens First Retail Store

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Sep 17, 2012.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Tt eSports, a division of Thermaltake which specializes in PC gaming peripherals, opened its first specialty ground store in Taiwan. The store deals with Tt eSports-branded products, though in the future, it could be used to sell products under Thermaltake's mainline brand. The store, located in downtown Taipei, is in the ground floor of an IT and consumer electronics-centric mall opposite the Taipei Railway Station. It is jointly operated by Thermaltake, Super A Electronics, which also operates the Studio A retail chain of Apple products in Taiwan, and Taiwan Tea Corporation (TTC).

Starting off with gaming peripherals, indications are, that Tt eSports could expand into pre-built gaming PCs that combine Thermaltake's components such as casing, power supply, cooling, and of course, peripherals. Launch of the new product line could follow that of Windows 8, in October. The joint venture between Thermaltake, Studio A, and TTC plans to start as many as 30 Tt eSports retail stores in Taiwan, over the next two years, according to Thermaltake.

[​IMG]

Source: DigiTimes
    AlienIsGOD and cadaveca say thanks.
  2. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    omg they are copying Apple! /sarcasm
  3. HossHuge

HossHuge

Thanks Received:
    Tt eSports seems to be popular here. I've seen them have dedicated rooms in some stores. This place is in the same building I bought my operating system in. There's a Mister Donut about two stores down if anyone ever wants to meet....:p

I don't know why they would put it there though? Everybody buys there stuff here at the Guang Hua Computer Market . I'd say there are about 80 computer stores all within a four block radius. It's sweet.
  4. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    High footfall = free publicity. Also, Gang Hua is pretty saturated, plenty of opportunity to undercut dedicated stores and drive them out of business.
  5. TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede

Thanks Received:
    80... I guess you're only counting the ones outside the actual computer market then, as there's about that many per floor inside...

And I guess they put it there because the whole first floor in that building was just refurbished and taken over by Super A Electronics which has their branding all over the place now...
    I think the Mr Donut is gone, as is the pizza place where the Tt eSports shop now is. It was actually open a couple of weeks ago, but I guess that was "unofficially"
  6. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    I wish I had some sort of computer store with in 30mile radius of me...
  7. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    Best Buy, but they cater to the mainstream, and prices are a bit hight. No microcenter or frys around here.
  8. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    I don't buy anything from Best Buy way overpriced and always old stuff at mine they are still selling 4k series cards.
  9. popswala

popswala New Member

Thanks Received:
    I want to live there. Not just for TT but for all the other companies out of there and for computek.

Kinda sucks places like thiese are home based. computers (let alone custome parts and your building) is in very low demand in my area so the chances of any type of pc store has no potential here. Maybe in tme you can google pics of the store and see the inside or something.