• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Tt Theron Mini Review/User Experience

AlienIsGOD

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Aliens Ryzen Rig | 2nd Hand Omen
Processor Ryzen R5 5600 | Ryzen R5 3600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite (F61 BIOS) | B450 matx
Cooling DeepCool Castle EX V2 240mm AIO| stock for now
Memory 8GB X 2 DDR4 3000mhz Team Group Vulcan | 16GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 8GB | GTX 1650 4GB
Storage Adata XPG 8200 PRO 512GB SSD OS / 240 SSD + 2TB M.2 SSD Games / 1000 GB Data | SSD + HDD
Display(s) Acer ED273 27" VA 144hz Freesync |TCL 32" 1080P w/ HDR
Case NZXT H500 Black | HP Omen Obelisk
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek | Onboard Realtek
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650w 80+ Gold | 500w
Mouse Steelseries Rival 500 15 button mouse w/ Razor Goliathus Chroma XL mousemat | Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB w/ Romer G tactile keys | Logitech G513 Carbon w/ Romer G tactile keys
Software Windows 10 Pro | Windows 10 Pro
Introduction

First of all i would like to thank Tt Enthusiasts for the opportunity to review this product. Today I have the Tt Theron Gaming Mouse. Its billed as a RTS mouse, but i intend to put it through its paces in FPS'sand MMO's to see how it fares outside its marketed segment.

For mouse surface I will be using a Steelseries Qck Diablo 3 cloth pad. For comparison, I will be comparing it to my CM Sentinel Advance Zero-G.

First Impressions

mouse has a bigger size compared to the Tt Black that i had before, a good thing tho as the Black didnt feel heavy enough, even with the wieghts in it. Mouse has a symetric design, meaning its very friendly to south paw mouse users. i find the extra button on the right side to be very useful, though it took a bit for me to get used to it (i've never had mouses with a button on the right side).

Pic holder #1

Software

Capture051.jpg Capture052.jpg Capture053.jpg

Overall I found the software easy to use and navigate. Setting custom DPI was easy as was saving and tweaking a profile. The presence of a visual sign at the bottom of my monitor for DPI changes and backwards/forwards sidekey functions in internet browsers is a nice addition.

FPS Usage

Im using Battlefield 3 for testing. BF3 because it involve all types of mouse movements and on the fly DPI settings changes. SS3 beacause of its hectic gameplay and quick movements.

Battlefield 3

For starters this mouse felt much more responsive then the Zero-G in game. Movement felt fluid and smooth when aiming at targets and I almost immediately noticed that my aiming was better. Using dpi settings of 1600, 2000, 2500, 3000 and 3500 I was able to accurately switch between sniping and general shooting. Im not much of a recon player but I was able to kill several targets easily and track them with my sniper rifle.

I also mapped put several functions to the side buttons. I used the right side button for knifing (it felt wierd at first as i've never had a right side key). For the 2 left side keys I used one for grenades and the other for change view. This was also new to me as i dont really use side buttons, but after a few days sticking to it I find these placements to be invaluable in game over searching the keyboard for the corresponding key.

MMO Usage

I will be using Guild Wars 2 for testing.

Guild Wars

Overall I found this mouse to be a well rounded performer for this game. Movement felt fluid and the mouse was very responsive. I assigned the right key to my Elite skill and it felt better placed there as the cooldown is almost 3 mins. Mapping the other 2 keys helped me to not rely on the keyboard as much as there were now 3 less numbers to press.

Final Thoughts

In conclusion, Im very impressed with this mouse and its software. The mouse doesn't feel overly big compared to the Zero-G. Its hard to find many faults with this mouse as it is superior to the Zero-G in every way. The only thing I didn't care for was the Battle mode lighting, I found it somewhat annoying and distracting at times. I would defenitely recommend this mouse to FPS and MMO gamers.

Rating 5/5

AlienIsGOD

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Aliens Ryzen Rig | 2nd Hand Omen
Processor Ryzen R5 5600 | Ryzen R5 3600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite (F61 BIOS) | B450 matx
Cooling DeepCool Castle EX V2 240mm AIO| stock for now
Memory 8GB X 2 DDR4 3000mhz Team Group Vulcan | 16GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 8GB | GTX 1650 4GB
Storage Adata XPG 8200 PRO 512GB SSD OS / 240 SSD + 2TB M.2 SSD Games / 1000 GB Data | SSD + HDD
Display(s) Acer ED273 27" VA 144hz Freesync |TCL 32" 1080P w/ HDR
Case NZXT H500 Black | HP Omen Obelisk
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek | Onboard Realtek
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650w 80+ Gold | 500w
Mouse Steelseries Rival 500 15 button mouse w/ Razor Goliathus Chroma XL mousemat | Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB w/ Romer G tactile keys | Logitech G513 Carbon w/ Romer G tactile keys
Software Windows 10 Pro | Windows 10 Pro
I will add the pics of the mouse later today :D