1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Turn off Driver signing

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by frenchsquared, Oct 14, 2008.

1. frenchsquared New Member

Thanks Received:
    I cant install ATI Tool because Vista wants a digitally signed driver. How can I turn of this setting.

Thanks

2. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    I can't say I recommend ATI tool because it was one of the reasons I had problems with newer drivers from ATI. If you use the 8.10 Final drivers there is a fan speed slider and it overclocks just fine in CCC. If you want to push your clocks over stock then just use AMD's GPU overclocking tool, and then make a profile that includes the fan speed modifiers and no other overdrive instructions.

Step by step to OC with AMD GPU tool.

1) Send CCC to tray.
    2) Open AMD GPU Tool as an administrator if in Vista.
    3) Overclock to your desired settings.
    4) Close AMD GPU Tool
    5) Use existing profile that includes the fan profiles of ATI Overdrive. (when you edit the profile remove all clock settings) You activate this by opening CCC again and choosing to activate profile or right clicking on the CCC tray icon, finding profiles, and selecting the desired profile.
    6) Enjoy

You will have to change the clocks every time you wish to overclock, but this is not a bad thing since AMD GPU Tool does not tie itself to any drivers. This makes upgrading to future drivers less of a task since you won't need to install ATI Tool again or go through the hassle of removing it thuroughly.

Good luck!