1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[FS][US] Two Linksys WRT54GL wireless routers

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade/Giveaway Forum' started by newtekie1, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Ok, well they aren't exactly WRT54GL routers, they are actually WRT54G v2 and v3 routers, but capability wise they are exactly the same. They have 16MB of RAM, like the WRT54GL, and they have 4MB of flash memory just like the WRT54GL.

First we have a WRT54G v2 router: It has been flashed with Tomato firmware, and also has been overclocked from the stock 200MHz to 250MHz. I've added adapters to convert the RP-TNC connectors to the more common RP-SMA connector. I've also replaced the stock antennas with two TP-Link 5dBi omni-directional antennas. The antennas have a 4ft cable on them, so you can place them wherever you like, as well as having magnets on the bottom to easily attach them to metal surfaces.

This router has been my personal home router since I bought it new several years ago, and has never let me down, it still works just as well as the day I got it, actually better with the Tomato firmware.:laugh:

The range on this router with the antennas and the signal boosted through the firmware is huge.

Sold

Second we have a WRT54G v3 router: It has been flashed to Tomato firmware, but has not been overclocked past the default clock speed. It has the stock antennas on it as well. It works perfectly.

Sold

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My thread on these routers: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134844

References:
    Heatware
    Ebay

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  2. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Nice WRT there, you should link your router thread about the help of overclocking and flashing work.

3. newtekie1

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, link posted.:toast:

4. newtekie1

Thanks Received:
    Bump

5. sotelomichael

sotelomichael