1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ubisoft cutting off PC

Discussion in 'Games' started by Marineborn, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
  2. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    no big loss ubisoft games are garbage anyways.
    psyko12, travva, KieranD and 2 others say thanks.
  3. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    Yeah lets face it, they haven't made a good game in years, they won't really be missed
  4. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    I haven't bought a single always on connection protection game. And it appears i can now eradicate Ubisoft entirely. As guys above said, no big loss really. I don't need their consolized garbage with ridiculous protection schemes.
  5. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    This Arnold geezer sounds like a right twat.

"because we know that 95% of our consumers will pirate the game...."

people pirate UBisoft games because their DRM is full of shit. Had their games come with a less restrictive DRM then they would have had better sales, AND THE GOOD PEOPLE WHO WENT OUT TO BUY THE GAME OR DOWNLOADED IT LEGALY FROM PLATFORMS LIKE STEAM ETC ETC WOULDNT NEED TO LOOK FOR A CRACK OR PATCH ON THE BAY TO ALLOW THEM TO PLAY THE GAME WHEN THE DRM SERVERS GO DOWN.

So they announced a while ago that they were removing their DRM - great news, but now this???

Arnold is just looking for excuses to leave the PC market just like EPIC Games.

So 95% of the Pc crowd are pirates??? who the hell came up with the statistics??? Gary Coleman??
    the same guy probably thinks that 95% of drivers are wreckless drivers because they drive a car! Thats not a statistic!
  6. Shihabyooo

Shihabyooo

Thanks Received:
    Dude, This is Ubisoft we are talking about ! Not like it's going to be the end of the world just because a crappy company left the field :ohwell: . Hell, I had my hopes up for Farcry 3, but when I learned that it won't be a sandbox game, I quit following all Ubisoft news (What am I doing here then ?)
  7. keling New Member

Thanks Received:
    The only game I bought from Ubisoft since the DRM was enforced was Il2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover. I forgot Ubisoft was the publisher since the earlier Il2 and was surprised to see their logo at the start. I was elated to see the Steam window appeared during installation though.

Then I became sad...it was horribly bug ridden game. It kept crashing so I gave up on it.

The funniest thing was I had a little trouble with the cd key which was already used. I contacted Steam support and got a new cd key. I even asked the support to sent thanks to Ubisoft for using Steam instead of the horrible permanent online DRM. Cliffs was Dover came out when Ubisoft was showing signs of ditching that abomination (I heard there were official patches for HAWX2 and Assassin's Creed to make them play without the DRM followed by the Steamed Cliff of Dover). I was so naive...

That was just months before Driver 3 and From Dust...Looking at Ubisoft now I've ran out of reason to be sad or angry.

I'll just ignore Ubisoft from now on. I'm sorry FarCry 3 but we'll have see other people from now on.
  8. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
  9. Scheich

Thanks Received:
    The want to make money and they fail utterly like with homm VI. How can they just flatten the whole game "mac donalds style" and ignore the fans wishes ? I really wanted to get it, but its just too bad. I am glad that i had a closer look at the extended demo.
  10. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Sadly very true, i wish they bring back the old style TC games and not the BS they have been doing.

It's either 1/2 done or just crap.. I did like AC ( don't get me wrong GR and RvS were much better games ) even though it was consolish it had some thing good about it so i got the next one and thought it was a totally fail.

GR or RvS with updated engine and graphics with the same options as they had like mods and coop MP that you could run tournaments with.

Ooh good days lol.
  11. BrooksyX

BrooksyX

Thanks Received:
    meh don't buy much ubisoft games anyways. garbage console ports.
  12. Ray_Rogers2109

Ray_Rogers2109 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Only UbiSoft games I really bought are HAWX, Splinter Cell and some other random series from them. No big loss.
  13. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Not even close to being true.
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  14. 3volvedcombat

3volvedcombat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeh what newtek said, someone must be smoking something to think pirating on consoles is the same as PC's.

If i am not mistaking, isnt there some underlying hard to duplicate code/firmware between disk to console or something.

Its almost like practically as hard to pirate on consoles, as it is to duplicate money, might be a little of on comparison but the message is there
  15. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
  16. BlackOmega

BlackOmega

Thanks Received:
    Last UbiSoft game I bought was Assassins creed. Not a bad game, can't play it properly on Win 7 for some reason.

At any rate, before that, I had Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, and Rainbow 6 before that. Rainbow 6 Raven Shield wasn't bad, GRAW was horrible IMO.

At any rate, I haven't bought anything from them in years. I won't miss them much.
  17. mediasorcerer New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes this is absolute disgusting crap, i agree with the posters implications, and ubisoft really stink!

Maybe they should concentrate on producing a good game for once and it would sell,
    qubit says thanks.
  18. qubit

Thanks Received:
    Produce a good game? Nah, just sprinkle with DRM. Problem solved. :laugh:
  19. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    pc is easy to pirate are as you have to just download a cracked game and play it, consoles require a little more work because you have to burn the game(unless you have the mods to play straight off hard drive and you can with ps3 and xbox 360)

still at least its not as easy as dreamcast was

Ubisoft, to tell the truth the last ubisoft game I thought was good was assasins creed(the first one), the last one i think was a great game it was myst iv so yea

i am still sad myst ended,
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  20. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    I bought GRAW and after years of playing CS:S it was shit, complete and utter shit.

I'm glad they are moving to the only games they seem to be good at making, the ones for kids.
    10 Million points folded for TPU
  21. Grings

Grings New Member

Thanks Received:
    Occupy Ubisoft
  22. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    "meh"
  23. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    feck em if they have enough doe, i allready have enough droll samey games anyway
  24. qubit

Thanks Received:
    I so get that. ;)
  25. Shihabyooo

Shihabyooo

Thanks Received:
    I know a local shop(s) that does crack/hack a PS3/360 for ~$3. After a little investigation on the procedure I found out it only takes a flash drive and 5 minutes to hack one :/ Dunno how easier it can get.
    TBH, with all this PC Piracy crap, I'm thinking of getting a PS3 and pirate every single game those bastards make (Even though 95% of them are crap :rolleyes:)
    qubit says thanks.