1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ubisoft's new uncrackable, intrusive, and annoying DRM cracked in under 24 hours...

Discussion in 'Games' started by newtekie1, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I remember way back when UBIsoft used to be a cool company

Didn't they make hostages on the Atari?
  2. mdsx1950

mdsx1950 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The game is cracked 100% by Razor1911. People have already played the cracked version and they say it works perfect. So i guess thats that.

Too bad for Ubi. But in your face Ubisoft :p

EDIT: Also SkidRow has a 100% working crack now.
  3. dinjo_jo New Member

Thanks Received:
    No its not yet
  4. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Yup, my reliable, unmentionable sources say Assassin's Creed 2 hasn't been defeated yet. The same source confirms Skidrow has defeated Silent Hunter 5.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. IINexusII

IINexusII

Thanks Received:
    assassins creed 2's current crack freezes with white screen when you enter the animus, which is 30seconds from the start
  6. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    there is a savegame fix to bypass that, however you need to basically patch the savegame and load each level individually - you cant play the game start to finish (and therefore, no achievements, no records of YOUR progress, just those in the savegame)
  7. mdsx1950

mdsx1950 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The 3 of your'll are wrong. Check the comments in this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2upmQzEZK8Y

Everyone has played the game without any errors or whitescreens. The new crack fixes ALL bugs and whitescreens.

Here are some comments from youtube that i quoted :-

I'm not promoting piracy. But this is the truth. ACII is 100% cracked.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  8. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    mdsx1950: unless you have teh crack in your hands, you cant claim its real. I've been searching all the places i know of (public and private) and so far, its not cracked.
    FordGT90Concept says thanks.
  9. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    I've just looked on my normal stuff site and its there but no working crack.

I'm a bit nervous of posting about pirating and cracks with mussels post above mine.
  10. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    we arent discussing how to do it, or where to find the cracks - its borderline acceptable, because we're discussing the topic of "is this game uncrackable" since it will have severe ramifications for PC gaming.
  11. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    It isn't uncrackable. Like Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, it will just take a while.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  12. dinjo_jo New Member

Thanks Received:
    The video is a fake one.
  13. dr emulator (madmax)

dr emulator (madmax)

Thanks Received:
    i was just out with mate who needed a new montor and came across crisis 2 £9.99
    which i thought was ok, till i was walking to the cash register and read the game installs drm and required online activation,
    which would mean i could only install it so many times ,so back it went on the shelf:shadedshu
  14. Illuminutty New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    DRM Starting up...

[​IMG]
    It's SO NICE to have a my save games 'backed up'!!!

[​IMG]
    Ubisoft holding my hand while I play... Makes you feel warm & fuzzy all over!... They love me, they REALLY love me!

I bought the game, and I find it ExTReMeLy annoying that Ubisoft has to keep tabs on me EVERY time I play. So OK, I paid for the use of the game, now they should BACK off and allow me to play whenever, wherever, however I wish. Instead of looking over my shoulder as if I were a criminal on parole!

As soon as the crack is available, I'm applying it. Just out of sheer spite and principle.
    lemonadesoda says thanks.
  15. newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Maybe, but you are openly admitting to searching sources that are rampant with piracy.

Borderline indeed.

I'll support your comment, that the current method results in the "Animus bug," and you would have to somehow 'fix' it after every level, but even then it would still fail.

I'm major psyched about this new DRM, I love reading all the whiner posts about how Ubisoft is the anti-Christ and that piraters actually think they are customers who deserve better(although not paying customers of course..).

@Illuminutty

I'm about as 'paranoid' as they get when it comes to things like big government, corporate takeovers and being spied upon in general - but really, you're 'connected' to the internet 24/7 anyways, you're being 'watched' by all kinds of different services and various types of companies every time you go on the internet. What does being connected to Ubisoft make any difference - especially given that they're just a gaming company?

Your comment about the crack, out of spite, is one of the things that litters the communal mentality of piraters. They're like a bunch of fourteen year olds trying to pull the moral high ground card, yet they haven't a faint clue about morals themselves.

In the end, the only people that cause piraters to suffer, are other piraters.
    It's just a shitty situation that they also affect proper customers.
    Ubisoft is doing something about it, where most people have failed. Even if it only lasts a month or two, it's worth it for several reasons.
  16. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    As a general rule, the harder someone tries to prevent something, the harder people work to allow it again. History repeats itself with such examples as:

-The American prohibition
    -Communism (not entirely but whatever USSR is no more!)

And now introducing software DRM!
  17. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    Which is why I'm not buying any games with this DRM or anything like it ever again.
  18. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    -eu
    -nau
    -i better stop here
  19. Illuminutty New Member

Thanks Received:
    Princely why I don't need yet *another* entity 'watching me, and resent that they so do.
    I'm well aware of the many eyes out there, we don't need them in gaming as well.

I'm sure pirates existed BEFORE I made the comment and will continue to do so even if I don't say anything at all. Morality is a subjective concept with many layers. What is moral to one society is an outrage to another. We do live in *this* society where the suits want to call the shots and corporations want to own the planet. What do you suggest we do? Bow and take it up the wazoo? i don't think so.

I applaud the fact that doing something. But actions like the use of a permanent DRM only feeds the fire. Ubisoft has a history of inserting pain-in-the-rear copy protection. However, time will tell if this one in particular does anything to lower the price of games, which is attributed to counter supposed losses due to piracy.:rockout:
    TVman says thanks.
  20. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    For a lot of pirates its more about can we do it than should we do it.Also is a pirate someone who makes the crack or uses it? I think its a hacker who makes it and a pirate that uses it but thats just my opinion.

Imo if they put no copy protection on games just as many people would buy it as use a copy.If someone is gonna buy it they will buy it,if someone is gonna use a copy they will use a copy,nothing will change that.
    TVman says thanks.
  21. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    I'm in the plane, or in the backseat of my car or van or I'm on a long bus trip or train trip... and I am not allowed to play my game? Yea, as if I won't download the crack version of my game to do so lol
  22. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Anyone who says hackers who make the cracks are dumb kids are idiots.Hackers are usually very intelligent and adept at programming languages and such,no one is gonna blunder into a game disc and discover how to crack it,it take intelligence and knowledge of programming etc.

I am not saying i condone it at all,just that i dont think these people are idiots.Also it is pretty obvious they dont do it to make money else why would they post them on sites that anyone can find on the net.
  23. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    People are different..
    Regardless of where the come from.
    it has nothing to do with where you are.

It has everything to do with "who" you are.
    Not much pisses me off more in this world than people who think their different or better than other people based on their location.
    I find that to be extremely ignorant and offensive.

I'm not saying that was your intention in your response.
    Just saying I see hints of that in there.
    It's a bad way to think.

annd back on topic as well..lol
    I have never condoned piracy at all.
    I have bought every single game I have ever owned and am happy to pay for all of the hard work put into it.
    But once things come to a point where we are all being treated like criminals and are being virtually punished by someone who thinks they have the right to be our E-Daddy.

They got another thing coming.
    I will pirate the shit out of this game and any game that uses a similar DRM relentlessly and I fully condone it.
    CrackerJack says thanks.
  24. dinjo_jo New Member

Thanks Received:
    Command and Conqueror have been successfully cracked they allowed to point to your local adddress :)
  25. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    There is now a 90%+ working crack for Assassin's Creed 2. As suspected, they just emulate Ubisoft's server. It is just a matter of time before a 100% working crack appears.

AC2 was released March 9, 2010. It took just under a month. Pirates = 1; Ubisoft = 0.
    Crunching for Team TPU