1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ubuntu 11.10 Released

Discussion in 'Linux / BSD / Mac OS X' started by DM3K, Oct 14, 2011.

1. dat789

dat789 New Member

Thanks Received:
    the 12.04 LTS is almost out and this should be a safe move to upgrade for stability.

2. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    It get released on the 28th of this month and I will be running it on 2 rigs. Will upgrade the one running 11.04 (clean install of course) and also Move my other s939 from win xp to it.

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    ok, so i take back some of what i said about unity. ive been running it on a mini pc for a week and although there is some graphical lag time it isnt bad after some updates. plus, i disabled the composite window manager so that i dont get tearing graphics when watching movies/tv,etc.

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Arjai

Arjai

Thanks Received:
    Mad Shot, I hope you know now that when i get my Uber3200 built, I'm coming to you for answers about this and about Mint!

Fair warning!:D

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    LOL I am here buddy. :toast:

Here's a older screenie from my Ubuntu cruncher. :toast:

[​IMG]

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. Arjai

Arjai

Thanks Received:
    I need help!!

Ok in my P4 cruncher machine, I have loaded up Mint. The RJ45 wired connection doesn't work, although it did when I was loading the OS and then it quit.

I searched high and low for an answer to this, ran a billion things trough the Terminal and posted results, re-typed word for word, on various forums and concluded that it actually died or, Mint is somehow to blame. Either way, I decided to go wireless with a USB 802.11 g Belkin, that a friend here so generously sent me (Norton, Thanks!).

Now, after spending the last two hours trying to configure it, the wireless will not connect.

I have a new NetGear N600 sitting not four feet away. I set it up under wireless connections-with the settings:
    Infastructure, empty BSSID, a MAC setting it chose, and WPA2 Personal w/ correct password.

I don't know what to do to make it work, I'm a TOTAL Newb to Linux. I wanted to try it out because, I've been told, it is more efficient at crunching. I read some things and decided to go with the latest Distro of Mint, supposedly it's got the best of Ubuntu in a user friendly interface. It looks good but, can't get it to fire up a connection!

Can somebody help me out here? :banghead:

Norton says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. Norton

Norton WCG-TPU Team Captain

Thanks Received:
    Hey Arjai- didn't see this message til' now (glad that wireless got to you OK :toast:). Try to PM Mad Shot to see if he can walk you through setting up your connection

Arjai says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU