• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ubuntu issues

kennyfinpowers

Hi guys I am having a couple problems with it. I have an old eMachines (AMD Athelon 64 3200, 1.5 GB ram ETC) I have Ubuntu 7.10 installed currentlly but I have a 20 Inch Acer hooked up but the largest the resolution will go to is 800x600 which is way off and I can not even see the whole desktop. At one point I did have the option of about 5 different resolutions instead of 2 and it was fine but I have to reformat/ reinstall and now have this issue. I also am trying to install the newest version and I burnt the DVD of the .iso image but once I put it into the Ubuntu machine it just says the image is invalid. what is the problem here? thanks

System Name desktop | Odroid N2+ |
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Amlogic S922X |
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M DS3H |Odroid N2+ |
Cooling Inter-Tech Argus SU-200, 3x Arctic P12 case fans | stock heatsink + fan |
Memory Gskill Aegis DDR4 32GB | 4 GB DDR4 |
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 (8GB) | Arm Mali G52 |
Storage SK Hynix SSD 240GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1T | Samsung 850 Evo 500GB |
Display(s) AOC G2260VWQ6 | LG 24MT57D |
Case Asus Prime 201 | Stock case (black version) |
Audio Device(s) integrated
Power Supply BeQuiet! Pure Power 11 400W | 12v barrel jack |
Mouse Logitech G500 |Steelseries Rival 300
Keyboard Qpad MK-50 (Cherry MX brown)| Blaze Keyboard
Software Windows 10, Various Linux distros | Gentoo Linux
Better use Unetbootin to make a bootable USB stick with a Debian (with LXDE desktop) or Linux Mint LXDE and see if it will support the graphics hardware better (plus it will be lighter than the slightly bloated latest Ubuntu). I am not entirely sure that the PC will boot from a USB stick though, but trying won't hurt. Make sure you dive into the BIOS with the stick plugged in so that you can change the boot order (stick first).