1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ubuntu issues

Discussion in 'Linux / BSD / Mac OS X' started by kennyfinpowers, Nov 21, 2012.

1. kennyfinpowers New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys I am having a couple problems with it. I have an old eMachines (AMD Athelon 64 3200, 1.5 GB ram ETC) I have Ubuntu 7.10 installed currentlly but I have a 20 Inch Acer hooked up but the largest the resolution will go to is 800x600 which is way off and I can not even see the whole desktop. At one point I did have the option of about 5 different resolutions instead of 2 and it was fine but I have to reformat/ reinstall and now have this issue. I also am trying to install the newest version and I burnt the DVD of the .iso image but once I put it into the Ubuntu machine it just says the image is invalid. what is the problem here? thanks

2. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    Better use Unetbootin to make a bootable USB stick with a Debian (with LXDE desktop) or Linux Mint LXDE and see if it will support the graphics hardware better (plus it will be lighter than the slightly bloated latest Ubuntu). I am not entirely sure that the PC will boot from a USB stick though, but trying won't hurt. Make sure you dive into the BIOS with the stick plugged in so that you can change the boot order (stick first).

Crunching for Team TPU