1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ultra Kaze on H70

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by kiddagoat, Apr 18, 2012.

1. kiddagoat

kiddagoat

Thanks Received:
    I have recently acquired a H70 Core and currently have Sickleflow fans arranged in a push-pull configuration.

I would like to get the community opinion on putting some ultra kaze fans on there instead.

Currently my 2700K idles at about 25C and hits about 51C under load in IntelBurnTest.

I am not overclocking anything and I turned off all power management so the Vcore is constant as is the CPU frequency.

I have the H70 pulling in from the rear of the case and then have my 3 Enermax Vegas fans exhausting from the top.

2. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    As long as you change the fans to fans that are stronger you will get better results. I have a similar set up and I prefer to vent the cooler out of the case as to not have additional heat with in the case but, that's just me.

3. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Ultra Kaze fans are loud at full speed, and make an annoying clicking sound when undervolted. Having owned three of them for my radiator, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone who doesn't want anything but cheap leaf blowers. If that's what you want, they do move a ton of air.

4. Chevalr1c

Chevalr1c

Thanks Received:
    Gentle Typhoons should do a great job, especially if the fan speed is set up as variable in order to minimise sound production.

BTW, why do you have disabled Enhanced Speedstep if you don't OC? Because you e.g. fold and therefore wish to guarantee absolute stability?

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    After I ditched my Kaze fans I went with Panflos, then moved to the Typhoons. I actually miss my Panflos, and have considered putting them back on. I'm a sucker for 38mm fans when it comes to rads.

6. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    Sickleflow is great bang/buck and CFM/dBa. If you want better performance, Ultra Kaze is a good choice, but take the 2000 RPM one, it only does 50~51 dBa vs the sickleflow is like 45 dBa. Then there's the CM Blade Master or Panaflo H1A that isn't bad, but be warned that they are loud.

If you don't care about a blow dryer in your case, get Deltas xD

7. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    The Ultra Kaze fans move aton of air, and are dirt cheap. At least they were last time I bought some.

The trade-off is that they are also super-loud.
    If you're single and don't have roommates, go for it. You can drown out the drone with headphones.