• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ultra Modular 1kW PSU Spy Shots

Oklahoma Wolf

Power Supply Guru
So your entire basis is that the company that is now making Ultra power supplies is some great company, yet the power supply they made that I used failed for absolutely no reason after 10 months.

Uh, no, I like the one I'm testing because it's a better made unit than most of the ones Ultra's used before. At no point did I claim they'll have a 0% failure rate. At no point did I claim they were the best on the planet - that's not true either. It's not even the best built one I own... that would be the Etasis built Silverstone I have.

I'm getting the distinct impression you're looking for a flame war... you won't get one from me. I have stated my opinions based on my considerable experience as an electronics tech - you don't have to agree with them, and I don't plan to change them on hearsay... only hard scientific evidence of "crap parts" can do that, and I don't see any in this thread. I'm going to move on now.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
I could say i feel the same about MSI, that I got screwed as I have had to replace my northbridge fan 2 times now and it is starting to go again, and that my voltages are unstable due to a piss poor voltage reg on the board. And that this and that....

But all in all it does more han advertised, mabey not as well as others, but I bought it, and choose to keep it.

So if today i go home and it won't boot and my chip is dead, then it is my fault, as I knew of the problems. If you have a PSU that could potentially fail and continued to use it, too bad.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
i doubt the PSU will haev a prob yeah 70A on a rail is one hell of a lot but that doesnt make it subpar stop dissing ultra cause you had a bad experience hell ECS made crap for years and ther current extreme series runs just fine for ocing now same with asrock hell my free after rebate mobo oc'd 24% with just .07v over stock just cause something is cheap doesnt mean its bad

i have 2 ultra PSU now a vseries 400watt on a celeron d 351 and a 500watt on a PENTIUM D 930 for crying out load nothing draws more juice than those cpu and both work just fine hell the 500watt hasout lived 2 mobos and cpus already