1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

unable to boot into safe mode

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Braveheart, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Braveheart

Braveheart New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have been hijacked, virus, everything. so i was told to boot into safe mode then run all of my virus and spyware scans. well i cant boot into safe mode, i turn off the computer using the power button, wait 30 seconds, press power again, as soon as i press that i press F8 and hold it down, i continue to hold it down and it just continues to go into normal windows boot....then i tried the same again, did the same. tried doing the same but this time "tapping" the F8 key, does the same...is there another way to boot into safe mode?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  2. Braveheart

Braveheart New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok i got it, but now when i get to the safe boot menu i try to select "safe boot with network" but the arrow keys do nothing, so the timer thing goes and it just boots into normal windows:( so i tested my arrow keys and they work with EVERYTHING ELSE, so it's not like my keyboard is dead. anyone know how to fix this?

3. ex_reven New Member

Thanks Received:
    try a PS2 keyboard.

btw what the hell are you talking about. Cookies are a sign of regular system use...